Status
Not open for further replies.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
First thing I did was check the resistance on my ohm reader. I was surprised to see the reading at 0.1 ohm. I found that one of the post screws were loose, and after tightening it, my resistance was again 0.6 ohm.
This, I don't understand. Wouldn't a loose screw reduce conductivity and thereby increase the resistance, rather than lowering it? I'm just not seeing how a poor connection can lead to increased conductivity (which is synonymous with lowered resistance, as they are each the inverse of the other.)

Reactions: skoony

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I think exploding mechanical mods are comical personally. We pulled them out of our stores long ago. People come in and ask about my collection behind glass, they have no idea what they even are. Great conversation pieces. Someday someone will get sued and in my life I do not need any part of a lawsuit. Get a bunch of kids running stores and trouble will arise. By the way if you are under forty, then in my eyes you are kids. So the store owner wanted to fire a mechanical mod the owner was having trouble with getting ready for a mechanical cloud competition. HMMMM! Bet he wont do that again. Some things just make you say HHMMMMM!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
No. Your making up fairy tales. There is no indication that anything was faulty
in the mod other than the battery was inserted upside down. No broken or loose
parts. That only leaves a torn wrap and a conductive path from the battery straight to the
negative terminal via the case of the mod.
Note that if the battery was inserted correctly a torn wrap would not be an issue
in an otherwise correctly assembled mod as the negative terminal,the case and,
the tear would be at the same potential and no current would flow until the switch
is turned on and fires the coil.
Mike

Or an internally faulty battery that Puked when activated :shock:
Doomed to fail, + up or inverted:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread