Right Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fstop

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Exactly what does a mod description mean by "Interchangeable batteries"?
18650 SkyRay
26650 TrustFire
20700 Eleaf AVB
21700's
Folks this semi newbian is ready to blow up perfectly beautiful new mods with the wrong batteries? So does Interchangeable Battery Option: mean I can use anyone of these batteries & extend my Gizmo's Power? So buy the most MAh? Yes I've searched & read but, I just need enough info to make a safe penny wise informed purchase. Each Battery Form Factor has so many Functional Varients: Amps, Discharge something or another, x.x Volts, mAh i wai
Eleaf Istick 75w Pico
Agres Solo 100w

• Optimistic
Reactions: HigherStateD

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    No it doesnt.
    Each mod that doesnt have an internal battery will require an external battery that you have to purchase to make it work.
    The design of each mod will specify the size of battery it will take.
    It is then down to the user to purchase the correct battery (size) for that particular mod.
    With respect to mAh rating and current output, I would suggest looking it up to find the best one that suits your needs.
    Milli Amp ratings determine how long the battery will last between charges, current capacity (CDR) determines how much current u can draw from the battery.

Last edited:

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @Fstop. batteries are confusing initally for folks. As there's the cell size (18650, 21700 and ect), the capacity which is rated in mAh (milliamp hours) and the most important and sometimes overlooked CDR (Constant Discharge Rate).

May we ask what ohms you vape at @Fstop? As you or us can use ohms law (calculator or old school pen and paper) to work out what cells could be possible candidates for you.

You need to use Voltage and Resistance for the calculations. Enter Voltage as 4.2 in the calculations.

Samsung, Molicell, LG and SONY/Murata are the cells that you really want to get hold of if possible.

Hopefully you'll find this of some use.

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    @Fstop. batteries are confusing initally for folks. As there's the cell size (18650, 21700 and ect), the capacity which is rated in mAh (milliamp hours) and the most important and sometimes overlooked CDR (Constant Discharge Rate).

May we ask what ohms you vape at @Fstop? As you or us can use ohms law (calculator or old school pen and paper) to work out what cells could be possible candidates for you.

You need to use Voltage and Resistance for the calculations. Enter Voltage as 4.2 in the calculations.

Samsung, Molicell, LG and SONY/Murata are the cells that you really want to get hold of if possible.

Hopefully you'll find this of some use.
    Ohms are only applicable to determine battery drain when using a mechanical unregulated mod. When using a regulated mod, ohms are not important.
    Check out the guide on calculating current drain/regulated vs unregulated on www.vapinghardware.com.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Hi Fstop--we already talke about that in another thread. Let me repost this chart one more time:

164ff016-f4d4-4cd9-bffa-5633214a61be-jpeg.889007

Fstop

ECF Veteran
    Sep 11, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Thanks Fstop, ask away if you need to know anything.
    1) **What's the difference between Button Top & Flat Top Batteries?

I'd like to try vaping settings between
    1.6 - 2.2 ohms MTL
    Not interested In Bellowing clouds of smoke
    Thanks for all the updated info.

Last edited:

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I'd like to tray out vaping settings between
    1.6 - 2.2 ohms MTL
    Not interested In Bellowing clouds of smoke
    **What's the difference between button top & Flat Top Batteries?
    Thanks for all updated info.
    Only difference as far as I believe is the button.
    All vape batteries should use Flat Top Batteries.

MLEJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2020
    Found a State Side Battery Shop www.liionwholesale.com
    Haven't used them yet, at least its Local Shipping
    They're good: Accurate. Quick shipping. Good prices. Send the batteries in plastic cases.
    18650batterystore.com is good, too.

What's the difference between button top & Flat Top Batteries?
    Exactly what it sounds like. All the new equipment uses flat top, far as i know.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    At that resistance range @Fstop you have a fair amount of options and you'll be able to go for higher capacity.

And please tell me folks, when have you seen a regulated mod that fully monitors batteries? As they don't exist.

So theoretically it is possible to exceed the CDR of a cell or cells with a regulated mod, it's simple electrical physics which are immutable.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Exactly what does a mod description mean by "Interchangeable Batteries"?
    18650 SkyRay
    26650 TrustFire
    20700 Eleaf AVB
    21700's
    Folks this semi newbian is ready to blow up perfectly beautiful new mods with the wrong batteries? So does Interchangeable Battery Option: mean I can use anyone of these batteries & extend my Gizmo's Power? So buy the most MAh? Yes I've searched & read but, I just need enough info to make a safe penny wise informed purchase. Each Battery Form Factor has so many Functional Varients: Amps, Discharge something or another, x.x Volts, mAh i wai
    Eleaf Istick 75w Pico
    Agres Solo 100w

Batteries are Kinda like Rope.

Sure, you can Pull a Car out of a Ditch with a Piece of Rope. But will Any Piece of Rope Work?

And what happens if some Shady rope seller puts Super Low Quality Rope rated at 500lbs into a bag that say's it's High Quality Rope rated at 3,000lbs ? Would you want to Pull your Girlfriend's Car out of a Ditch with that?

I'd do some Reading about what a Batterie's CDR (Constant Discharge Rate) is. And How Amp Draw works for a Regulated and Non-Regulated Mod.

And here is a Good Place to Start...

Index | E-Cigarette Forum

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    The resistance range of the coil has no effect on battery drain in a regulated mod. It's the wattage that you set your mod to that determines the battery drain.
    If you set the wattage higher than the CDR value of your battery it WILL stress the battery.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Batteries are Kinda like Rope.

Sure, you can Pull a Car out of a Ditch with a Piece of Rope. But will Any Piece of Rope Work?

And what happens if some Shady rope seller puts Super Low Quality Rope rated at 500lbs into a bag that say's it's High Quality Rope rated at 3,000lbs ? Would you want to Pull your Girlfriend's Car out of a Ditch with that?

I'd do some Reading about what a Batterie's CDR (Constant Discharge Rate) is. And How Amp Draw works for a Regulated and Non-Regulated Mod.

And here is a Good Place to Start...

Index | E-Cigarette Forum

My very simplified way to look at this: If you're a low wattage vaper (like me), choose high capacity over high power batteries. If you're a high wattage vaper, do the opposite. And consult Mooch's chart posted above for the best batteries in either category and best places to buy them. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread