Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Still using mine, over the weekend it fell off my lap onto the concrete, couple scuffs but it adds character right? I was more upset that my favorite drip tip was also scuffed up.

The RSQ was a Christmas present to myself, I don't see anything replacing it soon, I have too many squonk and non-squonk mods to justify something new and also have too many non-vape projects to fund at the moment.

Reactions: score69

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Still using mine, over the weekend it fell off my lap onto the concrete, couple scuffs but it adds character right? I was more upset that my favorite drip tip was also scuffed up.

The RSQ was a Christmas present to myself, I don't see anything replacing it soon, I have too many squonk and non-squonk mods to justify something new and also have too many non-vape projects to fund at the moment.
i in dilemma to choose RSQ or vandy vape 80w, i love the size but 18650 batt seem a bit too small for me now ....

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
i in dilemma to choose RSQ or vandy vape 80w, i love the size but 18650 batt seem a bit too small for me now ....

Depending on build is what the battery run time comes down to. I build a 0.5-0.56 on a single coil RSA and battery lasts me all day on my RSQ at 30-35 wats.

stephenwhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Saint Cloud,MN.
I really want another single coil like the wasp so the mod and RSA have a small footprint. I think that is why I am eating the DR on top because it is almost as big as the device. I might get a hadaly or soul I have them in mind with another wasp just checking reviews for each of those.
You might want to have a look at the Hotciq castle rda also.Very similar deck to the other popular single coil rdas and it comes with a SS and clear frosted top cap for $25.VaporDNA is the only place in the US I've seen that has them.I bought one to use on my pico squeeze,and as a bonus,I got the Blitz ghoul rda for 99cents since it was on their weekend promotion.:D

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
You might want to have a look at the Hotciq castle rda also.Very similar deck to the other popular single coil rdas and it comes with a SS and clear frosted top cap for $25.VaporDNA is the only place in the US I've seen that has them.I bought one to use on my pico squeeze,and as a bonus,I got the Blitz ghoul rda for 99cents since it was on their weekend promotion.:D
Yeah, the Castle is a nice vape too. The GR1 has a much lower profile, but if you don't mind the bigger top cap, the Castle really is a great buy at that price. I only used my Castle for about two days before moving on to the Recurve, but I ordered another one at the price to help fill out an order to get free shipping. I know I will use the Castle from just a short introduction to it.

I typically only keep two RDAs built and in rotation at a time, currently it's the Nudge 22 and Recurve. If I kept a bunch of them ready to go like a lot of you folks do, the Castle would be in the rotation too. :D

Maybe I need to build a bunch of stuff this weekend so all I have to do is wick it an go. I just don't like leaving a bunch of stuff wicked up if I'm not going to be using it regularly for a few days. It's just me I guess, lol

As far as the dilemma between the RSQ and the Pulse, that's a tough one.

I really love the RSQ, it's just a nice small squonk. And agree, I usually build a single coiler at 0.5ohm or above and do pretty well at lower wattages on a single 18650. I still have to swap cells at least once before the day is over though.

My Pulse should be here today if the USPS stays on track. I'm thinking it's probably a faster chipset, and although I lose the size factor of the RSQ, I like resin panels, and the 20700 option is nice to me. Even though most of my builds will still be single coils in the 0.5-0.7ohm range, on a Sanyo 20700B, running 25w, that's some killer battery life. Easily all day on one cell and I chain vape since I work from home.

They both have trade offs. The Pulse will be my main mod for a while. Once the newness wears off, the RSQ and Cut will be back in the rotation. The RSQ is a great mod for out and about carry due to the size.

Last edited:

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Yeah, the Castle is a nice vape too. The GR1 has a much lower profile, but if you don't mind the bigger top cap, the Castle really is a great buy at that price. I only used my Castle for about two days before moving on to the Recurve, but I ordered another one at the price to help fill out an order to get free shipping. I know I will use the Castle from just a short introduction to it.

I typically only keep two RDAs built and in rotation at a time, currently it's the Nudge 22 and Recurve. If I kept a bunch of them ready to go like a lot of you folks do, the Castle would be in the rotation too. :D

Maybe I need to build a bunch of stuff this weekend so all I have to do is wick it an go. I just don't like leaving a bunch of stuff wicked up if I'm not going to be using it regularly for a few days. It's just me I guess, lol

As far as the dilemma between the RSQ and the Pulse, that's a tough one.

I really love the RSQ, it's just a nice small squonk. And agree, I usually build a single coiler at 0.5ohm or above and do pretty well at lower wattages on a single 18650. I still have to swap cells at least once before the day is over though.

My Pulse should be here today if the USPS stays on track. I'm thinking it's probably a faster chipset, and although I lose the size factor of the RSQ, I like resin panels, and the 20700 option is nice to me. Even though most of my builds will still be single coils in the 0.5-0.7ohm range, on a Sanyo 20700B, running 25w, that's some killer battery life. Easily all day on one cell and I chain vape since I work from home.

They both have trade offs. The Pulse will be my main mod for a while. Once the newness wears off, the RSQ and Cut will be back in the rotation. The RSQ is a great mod for out and about carry due to the size.

give us ur thought abt pulse vs rsq .... thanks

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Yes expensive indeed. If it was a price of actual stab and not a sticker with glued backng,I might go for it. Problem is though,they do not show all 48 different designs so you can choose?
There is a number on the bag that each one is in,then a matching number in the drop down.It says they are a veneer,so should be real wood,just very thin,but at that price,the panel is almost as much as the mod,then add in shipping from Canada,and it would definitely cost more than i paid for the mod haha.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
There is a number on the bag that each one is in,then a matching number in the drop down.It says they are a veneer,so should be real wood,just very thin,but at that price,the panel is almost as much as the mod,then add in shipping from Canada,and it would definitely cost more than i paid for the mod haha.

I would love to have one of those panels though.

• Agree
Reactions: b.m.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I would love to have one of those panels though.
Yeah,me too haha.I am trying to convince myself that it's worth the cost,because i really want one of the green panels.Hopefully someone here in the US will start selling them so the shipping won't be too expensive.

Ok,nope can't justify the cost.I just added 1 to my cart and did the shipping estimator,from Canada to Ohio shipping is $30,no way i'm paying $70 for a thin little panel.

• Agree
Reactions: t8kiteasy

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Peel and stick wood veneer is commonly available, but you would have to create the pattern and do the cutting.
Yeah,i've seen it before,but i've never seen the stab wood veneer,i'll start looking for it though.The pattern shouldn't be too hard to get with just a little trimming.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Haha,yeah that might be just a bit out of my price range haha.

I did go looking,and found some really nice exotic wood veneers on ebay for decent prices.None that i seen were stabilized,but i have a stabilizing setup for other wood working projects i do,so i'm going to order a piece along with some 3m double sided adhesive and see if i can get it worked out.It will be next week before i have it in hand and stabilzed,but if it turns out right,i'll post up a few pics of it.
    This is the piece i'm going to get,it will darken up some after stabilizing,so it should look really nice on the silver rsq.It is a Madrone burl.
    qfUrWjS.jpg

• Winner
    Reactions: puffon

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

I did go looking,and found some really nice exotic wood veneers on ebay for decent prices.None that i seen were stabilized,but i have a stabilizing setup for other wood working projects i do,so i'm going to order a piece along with some 3m double sided adhesive and see if i can get it worked out.It will be next week before i have it in hand and stabilzed,but if it turns out right,i'll post up a few pics of it.
    This is the piece i'm going to get,it will darken up some after stabilizing,so it should look really nice on the silver rsq.It is a Madrone burl.
    qfUrWjS.jpg
    Nice!
    Post some pics when you have a chance.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

qfUrWjS.jpg

If one goes with a Veneer, does it really Need to be Stabilized? The times I have worked with Veneers, a layer of Epoxy on the backside creates a pretty Tough outer layer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread