Rigmod Hotcig Squonk RSQ 80W Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solaire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2017
Just got reply back from MVS. They are NOT re-stocking them anymore.
So if you find one to buy somewhere I would snag it up.
Well I better get my toffee hammer out and smash my coin jar to bits, I gotta get a red one , meh maybe a blue as well.
If my gramma is squewhiff I apologize I just got back from Chemo....:evil:

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Well I better get my toffee hammer out and smash my coin jar to bits, I gotta get a red one , meh maybe a blue as well.
If my gramma is squewhiff I apologize I just got back from Chemo....:evil:
I lied earlier when I said I would just wait for something new to come out if the RSQ was discontinued. :D

I ended up ordering a blue one from Breazy. Now I need to order another blue Nudge 22 to go with it.

I really need to quit reading stuff here. Makes me spend too much money. I'm really happy with my current vape until I get on the forums and see what new and shiny gear is available. Then for some reason, my current perfect vape seems like crap. :censored: That or I need another backup. Or a backup to the backup.

Solaire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2017
I lied earlier when I said I would just wait for something new to come out if the RSQ was discontinued. :D

I ended up ordering a blue one from Breazy. Now I need to order another blue Nudge 22 to go with it.

I really need to quit reading stuff here. Makes me spend too much money. I'm really happy with my current vape until I get on the forums and see what new and shiny gear is available. Then for some reason, my current perfect vape seems like crap. :censored: That or I need another backup. Or a backup to the backup.
Yup backups,, gotta have backups.
Money well spent .
Now ya gotta backup that buy ,,,,,, ya know , just in case.:evil:

Reactions: t8kiteasy

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
If it is discontinued maybe they decided to come out with a 2xxxx compatible model? It has only been out five months. Aside from the initial software issue where the light settings would default after battery change it seemed to get pretty favorable reviews.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm still not sure it's been discontinued. MVS said they weren't restocking it right? Maybe they decided not to? Or maybe because they can't get it.

I find it hard to believe they would discontinue something this well-liked after it only being available for a short time. That or they have something much better to replace it?

• Agree
Reactions: t8kiteasy

Solaire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2017
Yeah, I'm still not sure it's been discontinued. MVS said they weren't restocking it right? Maybe they decided not to? Or maybe because they can't get it.

I find it hard to believe they would discontinue something this well-liked after it only being available for a short time. That or they have something much better to replace it?
I kinda agree with ya score, doesn't make much sense to ditch a good thing,,, unless a 2xxxx is in works which would suit me just fine.
Still gonna grab a couple 18's just in case they do do something dumb and just bucket the whole series.
:evil::grr::evil:

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
I've had my RSQ for a week now and have mixed feelings about it. I like the color and really like the size and feel of the mod. The biggest complaint I have is the extremely sloppy door, it's almost like it wasn't made for this mod. I've had to put tape on all four edges to cut down the annoying fit and rattle, it's a little too short and not wide enough. I've had mods that had a little fitment problem, but not to this extent and I'm not an OCD type person. The tape has helped cut down the rattle but still doesn't fit flush, the curve of the door doesn't match the curve of the mod.

Due to the small size, the battery is a tight fit and really could use a battery strap. I would say a second panel would have been nice to push it out, but as bad as the squonk hole panel fits, it would function better as a maraca than a mod with all the rattle with two panels. I will probably add a strap as I've got a couple small tears on a couple batteries trying to remove them.

I'm kinda disappointed by Hotcig, I have their R150 and the build quality on that is absolutely excellent. I also don't like that the screen orientation doesn't stay after I change batteries and have to flip the screen again.

I just don't see it beating out my Inbox as my main squonker, I'm just going to regulate it to beater mod status. Hopefully they do make some replacement panels

7u4XWYS.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Jumpin' In...

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I've had my RSQ for a week now and have mixed feelings about it. I like the color and really like the size and feel of the mod. The biggest complaint I have is the extremely sloppy door, it's almost like it wasn't made for this mod. I've had to put tape on all four edges to cut down the annoying fit and rattle, it's a little too short and not wide enough. I've had mods that had a little fitment problem, but not to this extent and I'm not an OCD type person. The tape has helped cut down the rattle but still doesn't fit flush, the curve of the door doesn't match the curve of the mod.

Due to the small size, the battery is a tight fit and really could use a battery strap. I would say a second panel would have been nice to push it out, but as bad as the squonk hole panel fits, it would function better as a maraca than a mod with all the rattle with two panels. I will probably add a strap as I've got a couple small tears on a couple batteries trying to remove them.

I'm kinda disappointed by Hotcig, I have their R150 and the build quality on that is absolutely excellent. I also don't like that the screen orientation doesn't stay after I change batteries and have to flip the screen again.

I just don't see it beating out my Inbox as my main squonker, I'm just going to regulate it to beater mod status. Hopefully they do make some replacement panels

7u4XWYS.jpg
That blue and ultum looks so sexy. Kinda makes my black one with the black wasp jealous.

EDIT: the door on mine does not move at all,no wiggle when grasping ior squonking.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

7u4XWYS.jpg

That is Strange about you Door not fitting well. I have 2 Silver and a Brand New Blackie, and all the Doors fit well with almost No movement. In fact, they are all Interchangeable.

Are you using a Stock Bottle?

---

For the Battery, I took a Popsicle Stick and cut the End Square. The put a Chamfer on the flat end. Works Great to give the Battery a Starter Pry or 2 from the Positive End.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

7u4XWYS.jpg
    I have one where the center magnet was not sitting right, which caused a slight rocking on the cover.
    Carefully used some acetone and removed the magnet and reseated it.
    But you are right, QC should have caught this.

Reactions: Solaire

Solaire

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2017
    I have one where the center magnet was not sitting right, which caused a slight rocking on the cover.
    Carefully used some acetone and removed the magnet and reseated it.
    But you are right, QC should have caught this.
    Hey mine was like that so I grabbed ahold of opposing corners and gave it a slight twist, that cured it.
    Your right puffon the " door fit QC technician dude fella " should have caught that.
    Probably built on a Friday or a Monday,,, hangovers can mess with ones QC abilities,,, don't ask how I know ,,,:evil:.
    Alls god now,,,:thumb:

Last edited:

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Texas
    That is Strange about you Door not fitting well. I have 2 Silver and a Brand New Blackie, and all the Doors fit well with almost No movement. In fact, they are all Interchangeable.

Are you using a Stock Bottle?

---

For the Battery, I took a Popsicle Stick and cut the End Square. The put a Chamfer on the flat end. Works Great to give the Battery a Starter Pry or 2 from the Positive End.
    My door is not even close to properly sized. There is play top to bottom and side to side, I can almost move the door in a small circle swirling it with my thumb. o_O

Examining my batteries, it looks like the edge may be catching just a bit on the edge of the positive contact. Sanding that contact edge may help the problem.

I'm using the stock bottle, there's no issues there.

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Texas
    Hey mine was like that so I grabbed ahold of opposing corners and gave it a slight twist, that cured it.
    Your right puffon the " door fit QC technician dude fella " should have caught that.
    Probably built on a Friday or a Monday,,, hangovers can mess with ones QC abilities,,, don't ask how I know ,,,:evil:.
    Alls god now,,,:thumb:
    The curve of my door doesn't curve as much as the curve of the mod, it will rock up and down when either side is pressed. There's enough rocking that when one side of pressed about half the door edge is exposed on either side.

I could try and squeeze the door and get a better matching curve, but that will just shorten the width of the door slightly. I'll just have to put more tape on the edges to keep it from rattling and the rattling is more annoying than the rocking. :blink:

I have an uncle that worked for GM for 25+ years and he told me the same thing. Always try and find out when a car was made and never buy one built on Monday or Friday.

Reactions: Solaire

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    My door is not even close to properly sized. There is play top to bottom and side to side, I can almost move the door in a small circle swirling it with my thumb. o_O

Examining my batteries, it looks like the edge may be catching just a bit on the edge of the positive contact. Sanding that contact edge may help the problem.

I'm using the stock bottle, there's no issues there.

Yeah that sounds like it is just a Wacked door.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread