Rigmod Hotcig Squonk RSQ 80W Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

jocoxVT

Nov 3, 2015
Is there a Mac compatible version of the software?

I know someone else mentioned to try and download the software and try but wondering if there was any update to if the firmware could be upgraded via Mac. Really interested in the mod but looking to confirm its upgradable through a Mac.

• Agree
Reactions: Jumpin' In...

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I know someone else mentioned to try and download the software and try but wondering if there was any update to if the firmware could be upgraded via Mac. Really interested in the mod but looking to confirm its upgradable through a Mac.
The video above I just posted said Windows only. He had to use bootcamp and windows on his mac to upgrade the firmware.

jocoxVT

Nov 3, 2015
Anyone else have theirs wrapped under the tree? The wait is killing me!

What RDA do you have/will you have to pair it with? I'm surprised there aren't more pics in this thread from those that have it in hand.

I do as well and, like you said, the wait is killing me. Trying to determine how to update the firmware since we are a Mac family and prefer to not use my work laptop. I may have to kick my son off his Christmas gift (gaming computer) while I tend to mine and update the firmware.

For me I am going to run it with the B2K. At least that’s my current intention.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Anyone else have theirs wrapped under the tree? The wait is killing me!

What RDA do you have/will you have to pair it with? I'm surprised there aren't more pics in this thread from those that have it in hand.

I guess you could say mine is in that state lol. Well I got the stainless as I couldn't find the black in stock. So I'll probably put my Haku on top.

On another note, has anyone here grabbed a Zapwrap for theirs? I only have one Zapwrap and it's on my Pulse BF and I love it--may do the same if I really don't like the stainless when I get it or just because!

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Got it in! Here's a few pics for you guys. Way too much branding for me, even on the Stainless version that I got by default. I hate the Hotcig logo next to the squonk hole which just happens to be the only area not covered by the Zapwrap which is on the way (pictures will be sure to follow). For any of you who are not familiar with Zapwrapz, they are awesome--cheaper than JWraps, same quality, and better designs IMO. There is one on my Pulse BF below (don't ask about the scratches :/).
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
I've been using mine for a few days now, I like it a lot. Worth the $5X.XX I paid for it. My only real complaint is my door rocks a little, but I fixed it with a small folded up piece of clear tape in the top left corner. I tried bending the door slightly but could never get it right. I already had the tape ready to secure the magnets based on what others have mentioned about them falling out. [emoji20]

This is my first mod with the opening on the side and my first silicone bottle, so it took some getting used to. The only other squonk mod I have used is the Pico Squeeze, which has now become my trusty backup.

brianc11111

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
cincinnati
Just got a red one today at my local shop for $74. Was going to wait for $51 at 3fvape, but its worth the extra20 or so to get it now. I love this squonker. I think i like it as much if not more than my therion. Hits really well. I vaped until shutoff and the battery was down to 3.38v which kinda surprised me. It hit strong all the way till the end. At 59w with a build of .42 ohms, i vaped almost 4 bottles of juice before shutoff so battery life iis proving to be good. What im not thrilled about is its a pain to shut the neon light off after you change battery. The derrick sucks but it doesnt show when i use it. None of my gripes is a big deal at all. Oh, and after 5 bottles, no leaks at all! I am going to buy another one payday. I surely dont need another one but i like it that much. I hope this helps someone to make their decision. You cannot go wrong with this device.

jocoxVT

Nov 3, 2015
i think the firmware update solves that.

this is def the next mod I buy

The firmware does resolve the light issue. I didn’t think I’d like the light initially but for some reason I do. With that said one of my magnets on the door did fall off this morning which others have had issues with as well. That’s my only complaint so far and a little super glue fixes it so nothing that has me up in arms. My other mods have been neglected since I got mine.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Hey there where did you find this for around $50-ish dollars
I've been using mine for a few days now, I like it a lot. Worth the $5X.XX I paid for it. My only real complaint is my door rocks a little, but I fixed it with a small folded up piece of clear tape in the top left corner. I tried bending the door slightly but could never get it right. I already had the tape ready to secure the magnets based on what others have mentioned about them falling out. [emoji20]

This is my first mod with the opening on the side and my first silicone bottle, so it took some getting used to. The only other squonk mod I have used is the Pico Squeeze, which has now become my trusty backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread