Rigmod Hotcig Squonk RSQ 80W Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Ive updated mine and the light issue is resolved. Also got the screen light to shut off after 10 secs instead of default 20. I do recommend watching the video also. I never would have been able to do it without it(but I'm not a computer genius either...lol)
Wish it was in English

Reactions: brianc11111

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
No issues with shorts or misfires here. Running the latest firmware update, using a single coil in a Goon v1.5 (clone) @ 0.2 ohms.

Pretty much my favorite mod ever.
8d25d7c21b3aceb6193b569daf9aea89.jpg

The only thing I would change is to not ask me if I have a new coil when the "old" one reads 0.20 and the "new" one is also 0.20 ohms, which usually happens when I change the battery.

Last edited:

jocoxVT

Nov 3, 2015
I got mine in and I honestly really like it I just hate the light cycles after each hit. I am apprehensive to update after hearing some stories of bricked mods

I hadnt heard of the issue of bricking except the one post here. I'd say there are far more individuals who have upgraded the firmware successfully as have bricked their device. Worse case, if you decide to not update you can always just turn it off and will obviously just have to reset each time you change the battery.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
I hadnt heard of the issue of bricking except the one post here. I'd say there are far more individuals who have upgraded the firmware successfully as have bricked their device. Worse case, if you decide to not update you can always just turn it off and will obviously just have to reset each time you change the battery.
I went on hot cigs site and it shows R download,then HM chip I think,which one is to be used to upgrade the rsq please? Thanks :thumb:

jocoxVT

Nov 3, 2015
I went on hot cigs site and it shows R download,then HM chip I think,which one is to be used to upgrade the rsq please? Thanks :thumb:

You will need both. You install the HM Chip tool and open the RSQ Update file within it. The HM Chip Tool allows you to change your initial splash screen on the device, the draw cutoff (usually 10 seconds for instance), etc.. It is the tool that I assume they use for all of their boards. The RSQ Update file is the specific script for uploading the RSQ. You will need to point the HM Chip tool to that file so it upgrades appropriately. A forum in South Africa is actually what I used for the instructions. There is also a Youtube video out there, which while not in English, at least provided more clarification to visually see someone update the software.

Forum Instructions - Hotcig RSQ firmware upgrade - keep LED off.

Video of update process -

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
You will need both. You install the HM Chip tool and open the RSQ Update file within it. The HM Chip Tool allows you to change your initial splash screen on the device, the draw cutoff (usually 10 seconds for instance), etc.. It is the tool that I assume they use for all of their boards. The RSQ Update file is the specific script for uploading the RSQ. You will need to point the HM Chip tool to that file so it upgrades appropriately. A forum in South Africa is actually what I used for the instructions. There is also a Youtube video out there, which while not in English, at least provided more clarification to visually see someone update the software.

Forum Instructions - Hotcig RSQ firmware upgrade - keep LED off.

Video of update process -

Thank you so much for getting back to me,yikes it sound complicated :cry:

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    If you are doing the update firmware, take note Dean's video has a link to an older update.
    The most recent Dec 1 updater .dfu file is here:
    SUPPORT-HOT TECHNOLOGY
    I haven't done the update yet, but will follow these instructions:
    http://www.hot-vapor.com/upload/file/20161107/20161107130355145514.pdf

The only glitch I'm seeing is the lights re-set after changing batteries.
    I used these instructions and the most recent Dec.1 .dfu file in the link.
    Not sure if it's the same as the Nov. file posted others are using.

jocoxVT

Nov 3, 2015
    So did you take you're battery out,click the + and - buttons and all that jazz? Video doesn't really show all that,maybe it's written there but it's in Chinese :?:

No, my manual didnt mention that at all so even though others were mentioning it I opted to just plug it up first. As soon as I plugged my mod to my computer it prompted me on if i wanted to charge or update, I chose update and proceeded accordingly.

I used these instructions and the most recent Dec.1 .dfu file in the link.
    Not sure if it's the same as the Nov. file posted others are using.

If I remember correctly the December file is the firmware update and the November file is the last update to the HM Chip tool.

Reactions: franck

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    If I remember correctly the December file is the firmware update and the November file is the last update to the HM Chip tool.
    That could be.
    Not sure why they have 2 websites.
    hot-vapor.com is on the back of the box.
    hotcigtech.com is in the instructions that came in the box (this is where I downloaded from)

Reactions: franck
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread