The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Riva 510 question.

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by expat, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. expat

expat Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    Arkansas
    Hello..again :p

I started off a couple of weeks ago with a DSE901, and I really liked it. Raved about the thing to my husband, who tried it. HE liked it so much he's pinched it!

When I saw that was the way it was going to be, I ordered the RIVA510 from Liberty Flights. Goes fine, and I really have taken to the manual battery.

My question is this. It came with blank cartridges, which I am filling with my favorites. A cartridge goes fine for a couple of hours, and then I start to notice there is a tiny little bead of juice on the mouthpiece with every draw. *ack* foul stuff when you taste it, yummy when you vape it...go figure!

What am I doing wrong? I am sure it will be me.

2. WomanOfHeart

WomanOfHeart Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2010
    Colorado
    It could be the way you're taking a draw. Try long, slow draws instead.

3. TinyTimberGal

TinyTimberGal Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Try replacing the white filler with the blue foam. I'm new to all this too, but I started using the blue foam a couple of weeks ago and things are going much bettter. The carts will hold more and last a bit longer. One suggestion though, the first notice of an 'off taste', either change the foam or wash it. I've found I need to change the blue foam filler daily, sometimes sooner, but they last much longer than the white stuff. Good luck.

4. expat

Apr 12, 2011
    Arkansas

No joy. I am drawing way longer than I was. It happens less often, but still happens.

5. expat

Apr 12, 2011
    Arkansas
    Thanks tinytimbergal ..I have some on order which ought to be here this week.

6. WomanOfHeart

WomanOfHeart Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2010
    Colorado
    I love that...no joy. LOL!

If all else fails you could always just give up the carts and go with cartos!

7. expat

Apr 12, 2011
    Arkansas
    Also on order :D

8. laffytaffy

laffytaffy Full Member

Apr 24, 2011
    CO Springs
    Same thing was happening to me with my Riva and carts, that is why I switched to cartos and have been having a much better experience.

9. itslikeCody

itslikeCody Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2010
    California
    To avoid the whole juice in the mouth thing, you should look into dripping :).

Instead of filling up a cartridge, you just put two or three drops directly on the atomizer and vape away :)

You get better flavor, better vapor production, and no juice in your mouth :D

10. cyberwolf

cyberwolf Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2009
    Coral Springs, FL
    You probably have some juice built up in the tip of the cartridge. Take a paperclip or other thin object, stick in the hole in the mouthpiece and pry out the cap at the tip. It's not obvious that this is a separate piece, but it is. Once that insert is popped out, you will probably find some excess liquid in the area behind it. Dry it out and pop the cap back in. This is supposed to act as the final barrier to getting juice in your mouth, but after awhile some builds up in there and needs to be cleaned out.

11. expat

Apr 12, 2011
    Arkansas
    Cyberwolf...an hundred thousand thank yous! I did as you instructed and over the last hour not had it happen once. There was a puddle in that cap! Magic!

12. MadHatter

MadHatter Sic itur ad astra Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 6, 2010
    Waco, Texas
    This is great advice. Back when I used carts I took it one step further. After replacing the polyfill with blue foam, I would use a small amount of the polyfill and place it in the small gap underneath the cap to catch any excess liquid.

13. Chuck Gnarly

Chuck Gnarly Full Member Verified Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Victoria, BC
    What cyberwolf said. I came into the thread to say the same thing, pop the very tip off, take a Qtip and swab it out. :)

14. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Most times I can remove that cap w/ just my fingernails. One thing that I do wrong yet- occasionally if I want a few quick vapes before putting my pv down to do something, I'll accidentily blow the vape out into the mouthpiece instead of moving my pv to the side. It's not dry smoke from an analog and it'll fill that endpiece up quick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.