Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
The Carto Kit Rivas, we get from a different supplier than the normal Riva Kits. So there may be slight differences.

No, it's looks straight.

But something else is different -thread on the battery and cone looks identical to thread on regular kit but it's more loose and takes less turns to tight the cone.

All in all it looks like the battery was made by different manufacturer, better performance IMO only based on subjectives.

(the Rivas I bought in December had better brass plating and deeper air/vent notches on the threads of the batt than the ones i bought in October)

yep... those are the new ones!~

I bought the SE, cost 5 bucks more but its not your average riva either =) Ty (i'm your salt) was explaining that the obvious differences between the regular Riva and the SE were that:

- Button was bigger
- the word RIVA is larger near the atty connection
- more threads where the cone screws in
- the atty connection also lights up (like a ring looking down towards where the atty screws in)

In regards to the Carto kit i think Ty said that they use either a different supplier or different manufacturer (don't quote me on that). I would've went with that kit but they didn't come in Stainless steel, plus the SE's are almost confirmed... 99.9999 percent IMO, we just need the definitive answer from scottbee, but like I said before, this thing hits like a 3.7, a little better than one of my 3.7v mods =/ I guess its time to sell!

@Shadow - I'm really looking forward to USB passthrough SE Rivas if they do come out, I have a TON of those cables plugged into various places from my USB ego batteries. I'll update when the battery starts to die out and when its actually dead. I started vaping it at 11am and take about 7 big hits every 5-7 minutes, I'm running a 2ohm carto

button is the same says. dont think i said it was bigger. but yeah... there are noticceable differtences.

Last edited:

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
yes, I started this thread if you notice simply asking asking about the batteries, I know you don't go pick the batteries off a battery tree and someone has to pay for them. So I simply wanted to find out if the batteries did in fact have a problem, not just demand they be replaced as some people might do. Plus its a hassle for me and you to replace the batteries so the first step was simply to ask about them. I'm sorry if i did that incorrectly.

I do apologize for not calling you... Ive been uber busy, and just havnt had the time. I also wanted to hear from scotbee just a bit more, so i could better understand the issue, before trying to help.

I was under the impression, that you were more concerned with the the battery voltages... I did not realize you were experiencing performance issues until just now.

If they to not perform as they should. they will be replaced. period.

get in touch with me via email (i know, one more time), and I'll get replacements on the way.

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
Royal Smokers....

You'll have to talk to Abe about that :p

yes, Ty did contact me, further they will send them out first so I'm not sitting without batteries. their shipping is cheap, it gets here fast, prices cheap. Thats why I like to shop there. just wish they would stock more royal smokers stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread