Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Alright. Now that I have my new camera and a lot of time has passed since my last RM2 vid (things have changed), I thought a new RM2 build tutorial video would be in order.

I would like any RM2 noobs or anyone who either struggles to build theirs, wants a better build or wants to build and is sorta reluctant to try to please post your questions and / or suggestions here and I will incorporate into the vid.

I plan to shoot tomorrow or Friday.

Thank you.

Russ :)

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I guess I'd enjoy seeing a video that not only shows how to build one, but discusses some common problems and what causes them. I keep recoiling one of my RM2s because it may work fine for the first wick but afterwards it tends to give dry hits like a mammoth. No idea why - no apparent hot spots. Wick should be fine. I'm hoping the artistic wire gizmo will help, should come in next week.

But like hot legs - sometimes I get them and when I do, no idea how to fix them. tweezers help me with hot spots but not hot legs :(

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Russ, kudos for doing this *salutes*

Maybe if most feel you've already covered building a coil and wicking, it might be helpful to cover "tweaking" the coil, i.e., how the placement of the coil relative to the air hole, edge of the deck, etc., affect the resulting vape (TH, heat, flavor, etc.)?

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Since your video will most likely be a Sticky, it would help to Post Links at the bottom of the Video of anything you talk about. That will make things much easier to find.
.....here's some to help ya out. :)

AW 18490 1100mah MINI Reo Grands (HERE)

AW 18650 1600mah Reo Grand and LP Reo Grand (HERE)

TemCo Kanthal wire (HERE)

KGD Cotton (HERE)

eleaf Ohm Meter (HERE)

Coil Wrapping Gizmo (HERE)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

...AND OF COURSE For cool Entertaiment... DoogieTony's spectacular Reo Grand work.

Doogie's ECF link (HERE)

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Russ, I would definitely spend a few minutes on wicking. Maybe show how to wrap a coil then wick and also how to hand wrap an ugly coil on silica or something like that. proper wicking is very important I think a lot of questions are raised about how to do this properly. Watching how it's done would surely help many a frustrated vape eliminate dry hits.

Thanks, man. You're a good dood.

sdex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2009
Massachusetts
+1 for including wicking techniques. I have been using the RM2 for about 6 months and for the first 4 or 5 months with no problems (mostly thanks to the existing Super_X videos and a lot of tinkering). Lately though, I have been having a significant amount of dry hits which I believe is due to wicking problems. I mainly use CVS sterile rolled cotton (also tried cellu- cotton with no luck). I have not managed to get my hands on any KGD yet but I had months of good success with the rolled cotton but now it is hit and miss. I think it has something to do with wick tail placement near the juice flow hole but I'm not positive...
Also -maybe reiterate the significance of coil height in relation to air flow hole. This made all the difference for me with regards to flavor.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Being new to dripping and to Reos I am sure you video will be very interesting. Although I think you do not have a VV grand.... any info/recommendations on the RM2 on top VV grand sure would be appreciated.

Thanks for those videos, they are very helpful.( and very well produced).

Thank you!

I had a VVG with a RM2 for over a year until I gave it to my mom who has been happily vaping it for nearly 3 months. We also purchased another for my stepdad. Guess who builds em?

Yep me. I know a lot about building it. All the same principals I will cover apply except its best to run a 2ish ohm coil to get full range of the electronics :)

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Thanks y'all :)

Wicking: the only stuff I use is KGD. Tried cellucotton and just am not into it cause it's man made. Same with XC 116 / ready wick. Never have and never will try silica.

So my vid will only cover wicking with KGD.

Sorry :(

I just got my KGD today - the videos you posted made working with it a breeze. I'll never use organic cotton balls again :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Man I gotta get some KGD....
Anyone find any at B&M stores? There is a Sephora and a Barney's close by to my location.
Maybe I'll send my wife on a little shopping trip...

Koh gen do cosmetics online has it again. Just ordered another box. Worth every penny.

Tangaroav

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
QC & FL
Thank you!

I had a VVG with a RM2 for over a year until I gave it to my mom who has been happily vaping it for nearly 3 months. We also purchased another for my stepdad. Guess who builds em?

Yep me. I know a lot about building it. All the same principals I will cover apply except its best to run a 2ish ohm coil to get full range of the electronics :)

Great ! Looking forward to it. :)

Last edited:

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
I hear ya, Supe, and respect you not wanting to talk about stuff you're not experienced with. But the placement of the coil is critical* to getting the most out of these fine machines, and I don't know anyone better suited to discussing/teaching all the nuances of coil placement.

*So much so, that I suspect many of the folks that decided a REO wasn't for them simply fell victim to improper coil placement.

aushizz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
hopefully the beach
I hear ya, Supe, and respect you not wanting to talk about stuff you're not experienced with. But the placement of the coil is critical* to getting the most out of these fine machines, and I don't know anyone better suited to discussing/teaching all the nuances of coil placement.

*So much so, that I suspect many of the folks that decided a REO wasn't for them simply fell victim to improper coil placement.

every time I move the coil
I think yes that's the spot!
until I move it again :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread