Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
It's time for all of us to embrace the metric system, no?

Cheers.
I'm too old for that, it's like a language. I think in inches and have to translate to metric. When I see something I think that's about 2", I don't think its about 5.8 cm. I even have rulers that measure to the 1/32 of an inch.

IMAG1817-M.jpg

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
How often do you change the wick?
Depends on what wicking material you use and the juice as well.

Cotton with a dark junkie juice probably daily, cotton with unflavored clear juice probably every two to three days.

I use ceramic wicking called ReadyxWick, it last me months.

caup

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Cologne, GER
I'm too old for that, it's like a language. I think in inches and have to translate to metric. When I see something I think that's about 2", I don't think its about 5.8 cm. I even have rulers that measure to the 1/32 of an inch.

That's funny, I was just about to say the same, just opposite way around...

During my time in NM in the 1970th, the US just started introducing metrics.
I was standing in line at a supermarket cashout, with 2 older ladies in front of me inspecting a gallon bottle of milk.
One of them said "This thing is 3.79 liters. I thought the metric system is supposed to make everything simpler."
Made me chuckle at the time.

After returning home, I noticed the same behaviour here.
Quite a few low profile goods are imported without being repacked for Continental Europe.
"This hot sauce contains 473,18 cm³, crazy Americans..."

I cannot speak for the Brits, but it looks to me that they are the only western nation to be more or less accustomed to both systems.

HappiVappi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Altamonte Springs, FL, USA

That's funny, I was just about to say the same, just opposite way around...

During my time in NM in the 1970th, the US just started introducing metrics.
I was standing in line at a supermarket cashout, with 2 older ladies in front of me inspecting a gallon bottle of milk.
One of them said "This thing is 3.79 liters. I thought the metric system is supposed to make everything simpler."
Made me chuckle at the time.

After returning home, I noticed the same behaviour here.
Quite a few low profile goods are imported without being repacked for Continental Europe.
"This hot sauce contains 473,18 cm³, crazy Americans..."

I cannot speak for the Brits, but it looks to me that they are the only western nation to be more or less accustomed to both systems.

Canadians are using both too. The younger ones are modern metric, the older ones prefer cups and tea spoons and of course there is the generation in between.

Quite frankly the metric system is incredible easy and you need just 10 fingers for calculations within the metric system. The US is "officially" metric for about 25 years as well, but I think it is not even taught in school. Sure enough we managed to launch two Mars probes, both missed the planet by thousands of miles, because all companies involved used the metric system, except for one....an $800 million ouch!

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Great work, as always, X.

Can anyone tell me the standard air hole size on an RM2 ? I have an extra one lying around, so I opened the air hole to 1/16th (1.56mm) using a Variable Speed Drill lowered to 'crawl'. Thought I'd see what a little extra air would do. On my VV Grand, it is pumping vapor, but I feel like I'm losing a bit of flavor. Certainly an easier draw, though, which is nice for us old farts who M-T-L vape.... :vapor:

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
Great work, as always, X.

Can anyone tell me the standard air hole size on an RM2 ? I have an extra one lying around, so I opened the air hole to 1/16th (1.56mm) using a Variable Speed Drill lowered to 'crawl'. Thought I'd see what a little extra air would do. On my VV Grand, it is pumping vapor, but I feel like I'm losing a bit of flavor. Certainly an easier draw, though, which is nice for us old farts who M-T-L vape.... :vapor:

3/64" is standard

bittermelon

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2015
South Puget Sound
Hope this is the appropriate thread for my inquiry, but I didn't want to start a new thread just to get it answered. Can OP or anyone else here in REO-land advise me on the size & type of wire to buy for rebuilding the RM2 with easiest to build & use, low cost and effectiveness primary. What's the best size of coil for the rm2. Getting my first REO Mini shortly (used, from a board member here, w00T!! :) Ya know, stoopid newb on board! :confused: too many choices!!

Your advice on wicking (cotton, hemp, etc.) and coil jigs is helpful too. I'm thinking of either getting one of these or the coil master or kuro (or whatever you call it) off eBAy. Thanks in advance.:vapor:

Last edited:

cessnapix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Northeast
This is a preference thing. My prefernce is either 29 or 28 gauge A1 kanthal wire, (nichrome gives me a really bad taste), wrapped around a 2.5mm rod with about 9/8 wraps. Around 1.7-1.8ohms. I use the thicker wire for ease of handling and holding up longer with the ReadyXWick. 30 gauge is my favorite but usually breaks long before the wick and coil needs to be changed and harder to get into the angle I like.

Wrap a micro coill and fit it to the RM2. I use a 3mm pc of ReadyXWick clipped to .450 long after threaded into the coil. With a paperclip or a small yellow bluntip needle in the center of the wick to fit the the coil at an angle. About 30 to 40 deg. raised on the hole or juice inlet side of the RM2. I preboil the RDX wick to help with the taste break in for about an hour and change the water a couple of times.

Flavor will be 2nd to none from any other atty out there. Rinse your wick on Hot tap water every now and then or when changing flavors. I don't touch the wick and leave right on the RM2 until I change it. When the flavor starts to deminish torch the coils and brush clean, (becarefull not to get the Rm2 too hot when torching clean). Good as new. If your carefull it will last you a few months.

A magnifier visors with a light helps immensely!

Last edited:

cessnapix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Northeast
@PapawBrett
Try using a drip tip with a smaller hole giving you a tighter draw. I use the 1/16th hole, and with the right drip tip the flavor is better for my taste buds. I find it kind of works like a spheroid does with a tighter drip tip and a 1/16th inlet. I used some where around a .055" drill bit for around a 1/16th finished hole.

A dremel with a carbarandom or diamond imregnated cone type of bit that goes to a point also works great for opening up the hole size going very gentle with the pressure. You can do it easy with a pin vice by hand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread