Rob sold REO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
This just might be exactly what REO needed.
The website used to be quite a mess.
Not everyone who can make a great product can run a business, and vice-versa.
Hopefully Rob can help with production and the new owners can focus on running a smooth biz.

REO always had a great product.
Business strategy, not so much.

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
Maybe now they will produce an up to date regulated / TC device?

Can't see anyone making much of a go of the business without doing that to be honest.

Reo's are great devices, but now look very expensive, especially compared to the large numbers of cheap mech squonkers now available.

While I use my grand every day, and it is an excellent tough and dependable device, I am not sure given the current options I would replace it with another if I lost it.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida

Can't see anyone making much of a go of the business without doing that to be honest.

Reo's are great devices, but now look very expensive, especially compared to the large numbers of cheap mech squonkers now available.

While I use my grand every day, and it is an excellent tough and dependable device, I am not sure given the current options I would replace it with another if I lost it.

Rob has always prided himself on excellent customer service, along with a virtually 'bullet proof' product. His foray into regulated REOs was short lived. I don't think he was fond of the idea of having to service a device that he didn't manufacture in the first place, like the boards and chips.
There are lots of us out there who only use mechanical squonkers.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia

Can't see them making a go with only mechs? I'm not too sure about that. All these 3d printed mechs have a line a mile long waiting for one and if you can get one, it'll cost you. The only cheap squonkers I've seen are the coppervape (inexpensive, not cheap) and clones. Personally, I have no interest in a regulated squonker. I can build for a mech, I don't get dry hits so no need for tc, and I'm not crazy about the idea of having a plastic bottle holding 8 mls of juice right next to all those electronics. Especially since said bottle suffers a fair share of abuse.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I've been squonking exclusively for quite a while. I don't own a regulated squonker; and have no intention of buying one.
There's lots of us mech squonkers out there. You just don't see us much, hanging out in vape shops, looking for the 'mod of the month'.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
rps20170529_105516.jpg

No chips, no complaints

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
I'm still using my Grand and RM2 daily.... I don't use anything else. It just works every time.

It would take something pretty special for me to use something else.

So far none of the commercially available regulated devices, have ticked off all the box's for me,

I would want an aluminium body, a good manually adjustable 510, a reliable chipset and a decent amount of separation between the PCB and the juice bottle. Ideally I would put the PCB in a separate sealed compartment well away from the 510 and the juice bottle. Lets face it a certain amount of leakage is inevitable over time!

I know Rob was reluctant to offer another regulated device, after the issues he had with the boards for the VV Grands, but that is in no way comparable with the some of PCB's available today.

I would have thought a well thought out and built, regulated squonker would be a good move.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I'm still using my Grand and RM2 daily.... I don't use anything else. It just works every time.

So far none of the commercially available regulated devices, have ticked off all the box's for me,

I would want an aluminium body, a good manually adjustable 510, a reliable chipset and a decent amount of separation between the PCB and the juice bottle. Ideally I would put the PCB in a separate sealed compartment well away from the 510 and the juice bottle. Lets face it a certain amount of leakage is inevitable over time!

I know Rob was reluctant to offer another regulated device, after the issues he had with the boards for the VV Grands, but that is in no way comparable with the some of PCB's available today.

I would have thought a well thought out and built, regulated squonker would be a good move.
I think there are a few out there...sunbox, art & mod, sva, Catfish.... there's some out there but they can get pretty big with anything over a dna40. Some are really hard to get, some are really big....and none of them will last as long as a REO. Plus, throwing your mod in a dishwasher is pretty cool!:thumbs:

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA

You may want to check out Addysmith (Hellfire mods). With a choice of 2 boards (one is a DNA75) the Shadow may be just what you are looking for.

The list is closed right now, but it should open up again soon. Only thing that has kept me from picking one up is the price - north of $500, and I have not convinced the wife that it is a must for my collection yet (still working on it, I think she needs a new camera soon........:lol:)

Reactions: Asbestos4004
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread