Rob sold REO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
The Shadow is nice. Shame the price is so high, and you have to muck about with lists to buy one.
I was in the facebook group for a while, but in the end binned the idea. I am afraid if they want $500 from me they need to make them readily available an much easier to buy ;)
I preferred Rob's business model, design and build a decent product, then offer it for sale online, when they are actually built.....

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
The Shadow is nice. Shame the price is so high, and you have to muck about with lists to buy one.
I was in the facebook group for a while, but in the end binned the idea. I am afraid if they want $500 from me they need to make them readily available an much easier to buy ;)
I preferred Rob's business model, design and build a decent product, then offer it for sale online, when they are actually built.....

[I dont own a Reo, and never really liked the design. Before I found the Copper Vape, it was on my list as I wanted a sqonker and they are widely known as the one of the best out there.

I found the Shadow after seeing Damion's review of it. I joined this group and have been working on the wife to let me put my name on the list. I do know that they dont have limited lists, once the open up, everyone that 1x's will get one though it can take a while.

I know they talking a site where they will put them up for sale and move away from the lists, but nothing yet.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I have three and every transaction has been perfect.

I just reached out to Reo because my oldest needs a spa treatment. E-mail was sent and I received a response in less than 5 minutes from Eric.

As always, superior customer service and an outstanding device!

Same old dependable REO ;)

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Personally, im not impressed with my REO enough to ever buy another one.
Especially if its a sketchy preorder situation.
Pre-order = not enough capital to stock a store.
Not a good sign.
Reo's Mods has "never" offered a pre-order and according to the new owner Eric, there never will be... They have a pretty good stock situation at the moment. Check out the site.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Not a good sign.

Rob operated Reosmods for years and the word “sketchy” is far, far from the truth. He set the bar high with regard to customer service and cleared it every time. No pre-orders; a rock solid, dependable vendor. It’s good to hear that the new owners are serious about continuing to meet that level of service (thanks for the info, @Marc411).

While a Reo may not be everyone’s cup of tea, the company always operated aboveboard.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Rob operated Reosmods for years and the word “sketchy” is far, far from the truth. He set the bar high with regard to customer service and cleared it every time. No pre-orders; a rock solid, dependable vendor. It’s good to hear that the new owners are serious about continuing to meet that level of service (thanks for the info, @Marc411).

While a Reo may not be everyone’s cup of tea, the company always operated aboveboard.

Easy turbo.
My opinion is as valid as yours.
I'm not that guy.
It's a brand new company, with new owners.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville

Well stated. I have contacted the new owners regarding getting some "old style" rebuild kits, he said they had some parts. Then I went to the website and clicked on the "notify me when available" for that part. The listing dissapeared some time later. I returned an email to them asking about buying just the pins that I need and am awaiting a reply. He did state that they could upgrade my mods to the new style for a nominal fee, 25$ each, parts included, which by the way, is the same price as the rebuild kits.

The thing is, I like the way the mods are and just want to be able to maintain them. I don't have an opinion either way about the new owners, just waiting to see how they take care of me. That will be my deciding factor in how I feel about the brand going forward.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Easy turbo.
My opinion is as valid as yours.
I'm not that guy.
Your opinion is not valid as it is way too early to call the new owners sketchy or anything of the like... As far as to anything pre-order, there "never" has been a pre-order from Reo in the past and according to the new owner there won't ever be... It will be business as usual as if it was still in Maine.

You need to set your anger aside for those that have and still enjoy one of the best bottom fed designed devices that has ever hit the market in the last 7yrs. We get that don't like the Reo but to make false accusations is just childish at best!!

Reactions: teddy.it

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Your opinion is not valid as it is way too early to call the new owners sketchy or anything of the like... As far as to anything pre-order, there "never" has been a pre-order from Reo in the past and according to the new owner there won't ever be... It will be business as usual as if it was still in Maine.

You need to set your anger aside for those that have and still enjoy one of the best bottom fed designed devices that has ever hit the market in the last 7yrs. We get that don't like the Reo but to make false accusations is just childish at best!!

Excuse my non fanatical opinion, and slow your roll.
I dont drink kool aid of any flavor.
Why would I have any anger at all?

I called the situation sketchy.
Not a person.
Reading comprehension is key.

Some people need to stop being so emotionally invested in a product.
It's cult like.

Reactions: Asbestos4004

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Not a good sign.
You did post this ^^, right?
I called the situation sketchy.
Not a person.
Reading comprehension is key.
Refer to the above quoted post... Maybe it would be best to remember what it was that you posted!! What you called a sketchy situation was actually a false allegation. Again... "never" a pre-order and the new owner has stated there never will be... I think he has enough capital as he has stocked shelves and is open for business already...:banana:

I have no problem with my reading comprehension, but thanks for asking!! I was able to read the false allegations you so kindly pushed on everyone and was able to correct you!! Its ok though, you don't have to thank me... I'm all good...:D

Reactions: hazozita

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
The good thing about a REO is they don't need a fanatical fan base. The products are what they are. They've proven themselves to stand the test of time and they're simple to fix if anything were to happen. This being said, I can understand why some folks wouldn't like them. I personally didn't care for the p67 or the Woodvilles but I love the grand. Go figure. As far as being skeptical towards new ownership, well, this industry has been successful in producing skeptics. Rob was an exception to the rule.... hopefully the new owners will carry the torch with as much class as he did.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
The good thing about a REO is they don't need a fanatical fan base. The products are what they are. They've proven themselves to stand the test of time and they're simple to fix if anything were to happen. This being said, I can understand why some folks wouldn't like them. I personally didn't care for the p67 or the Woodvilles but I love the grand. Go figure. As far as being skeptical towards new ownership, well, this industry has been successful in producing skeptics. Rob was an exception to the rule.... hopefully the new owners will carry the torch with as much class as he did.
I'm very confident that they will. Through recent email exchanges with Eric, he told me ha plans to support even the earliest devices, and he believes that at some point he will be servicing REOs mods that may be 20 years old. He discovered a glitch regarding the listing for the non adjustable rebuild kits and is working to re establish that listing, in the meantime he invoiced me for a few pins that I needed and is going to ship them out asap.

REOs mods is in good hands as far as I am concerned, and that makes me a happy vaper :) :thumbs:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I'm very confident that they will. Through recent email exchanges with Eric, he told me ha plans to support even the earliest devices, and he believes that at some point he will be servicing REOs mods that may be 20 years old. He discovered a glitch regarding the listing for the non adjustable rebuild kits and is working to re establish that listing, in the meantime he invoiced me for a few pins that I needed and is going to ship them out asap.

REOs mods is in good hands as far as I am concerned, and that makes me a happy vaper :) :thumbs:
I would guess that to be the case....I can't really see Rob handing it off to just anybody.

element77

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Atl, Ga
I just discovered this news today, I wish Rob all the happiness and inspiration in the world. One of the greatest guys I've ever met in this industry. I've sort of taken for granted that I'd be able to just grab a new black anodized full profile grand if ever I needed. My 7 year old grand is in my hand still hitting hard. I prefer the full catch cup for my tiny attys. Just spoke to Eric and he does have some left and is still servicing in this transition period. Glad to know REO is in the hands of someone passionate and customer service oriented.
IMG_20170721_112025.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread