Rough and tumble

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
I'm looking for recommendations on a box mod. I have used solely mechs for the last 4 years, before that I had an MVP and provari.
I am a commercial fisherman, so I'm looking for a mod that can take some slight or moderate abuse and still keep ticking. I'm interested in messing around with wattage, and also have a bout of shinyitis. :D i've kept the shinyitis under control for 4 years when I bought quite a bit of some quality gear to last. I really have no idea what brands are reliable and quality. I've been looking at wismec rx2, which seemed to look well made and relatively inexpensive.

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Let me introduce you to the Geekvape Aegis (single battery 100 watts) and Geekvape Aegis Legend (dual battery 200 watts) mods. Designed to be waterproof, shockproof, and dustproof. My Vapor Store

The single battery Aegis can accept an 18650, 26650, 20700, or 21700 battery with included adaptor. The Legend uses two 18650 batteries.

These two models come the closest to being an indestructable mod since the heyday of the Provari.

geekvape-aegis-kit-aegis-100w-mod-with-new.jpg

*You might want to refresh your memory about batteries for a regulated mod since you've been using a mech for the last 4 years:
Am I vaping safe? Ohms law

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You are not going to do better than the Legend or Ages for your application you just won't. If you think you are remotely going to play around with MUCH higher wattages, heck even if you aren't but you're gonna be on a boat all day, I'd say go for the Legend. It's huge, not necessarily pocket friendly though so if carrying something smaller makes more sense, well the Ages. They're both fantastic mods.

I own a Legend and it is definitely the biggest mod I own but the ergonomics and hand feel are fantastic to the point that I don't really notice.

Anna

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Don't know why their link shows $73.90 as if you go to the link it is actually $39.99 for the Aegis legend

If you create an account the Sale price on the 200W changes to $39.99. The 100W changes to $29.99. All it takes is your name and address to create an account for shipping. I'm thinking about the 200W for $39.99 just because it's a good deal for what seems to be a good mod.

ETA: I bought the 100W for $29.99. It's all I need to vape at 10W and it takes 18650, 20700, 21700, and 26650 with included rubber sleeve adapters.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
We did descend upon him like a flock of vultures.... Or, ANGELS, there's always ANGELS.

You are going to love it, seriously. I'd worry about saying "too much" good stuff about the Legend, for fear of managing expectations, except that really, you can't. LOL I did tip mine over FINALLY but I still haven't dropped it. Next time I go doing something exciting, I'm bringing it.

Anna

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
PBusardo did a 1 hour review and found some firmware glitches on the Aegis. It seems that if you replace the coil (change attys) it doesn't know you did and tries to fire the coil at the previous wattage instead of asking you if you installed a new coil.

Firmware should fix that. I'll have to compare F/W levels when mine arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread