ROUND TWO: OPERATION SWITCH BOARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
We got the attention of President Trump's GOP staff by crashing the White House switchboard.

Now its Round Two.

72191086_2618078405124973_3062558883185688576_o.jpg

You know what to do. The message remains the same. If you have Twitter, continue to tweet, and continue to call the White House to remind Trump's staff that we won't let them forget about us.

MAKE A DIFFERENCE. BE THE DIFFERENCE.
WE-VAPE-WE-VOTE.png

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Your phone calls to the White House did make a difference. Your tweets on Twitter made a difference. Politicians took notice, they had no idea that there were so many vapers (VOTERS) who were so passionate about their vape flavors. Thank you for participating proactively.

Trump now says not all vaping is bad - CNNPolitics
GOP Allies Warn Vaping Ban Will Sink Trump - Political Wire
Banning flavored e-cigarettes might cost Trump reelection

There's a suspicious pro-vaping campaign targeting Donald Trump on Twitter | WIRED UK

71544562_2613247865608027_3569989387804475392_n.jpg

Last edited:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I saw that Chuck Schumer has a new flavor ban bill being submitted called SAFE, which is an acronym for something anti-vape. I’ve already called as constituent (can’t believe NY is stuck with him) and written. I’ll be following up with HHS today.

Schumer seems to want to limit many things dear to me: vaping, the 2nd Amendment, choice, liberty...

Though I am in Michigan and have to deal with Whitmer and Nessel.

Ok, I'm done. :)

Riplea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2010
IL
Chuck is 68 years old, young compared to some of them. Just another career politician. These guys and gals need term limits. They should not get to be gods of the senate and congress and stay in office until they die. Makes me crazy all these old farts in office forever.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I’m so aggravated I just went on a tweet storm to Trump, Azar, Schumer, and Cuomo. I guess they’ll view it as another robot tweet as I never tweet. This is the only time I’ve ever bothered.
Actually not accurate. I’ve used it for customer service from my cellphone company. Otherwise it’s not a thing for me. Still, it’s something as I don’t even have a FB account.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
While everybody is frantically tweeting, booking, snapping and whatever other social media channels where everybody is so busy yelling at each other nothing is actually accomplished…… a simple, well thought out, conscise letter arriving to the Inbox of your legislators office can actually carry a lot of weight.

Nobody listens while talking. Social media is meant for arguing. But a letter allows the reader to digest the subject at their own pace. No catchy phrases or statistics or that sort of rhetoric will gain the readers interest as those are things that put said readers in a defensive posture.

Nope, just share a story that will capture the readers attention while mentioning how you understand why they could be alarmed about youth vaping or recent illness issues. Politely get the point(s) across about the virtues of vaping instead of smoking.

Most folks do not know that the American President and Soviet President used to write letters to each other. What began as a debate via pen and paper ended up bringing an end to the Cold War a couple of decades ago. Once each had cross examined each others letter and retorted a few times a genuine dialog occured and two people who had never met yet hated each other ended up becoming mutually respectful of each other. Friends in the end.

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2019
Atlanta Georgia
While everybody is frantically tweeting, booking, snapping and whatever other social media channels where everybody is so busy yelling at each other nothing is actually accomplished…… a simple, well thought out, conscise letter arriving to the Inbox of your legislators office can actually carry a lot of weight.

Nobody listens while talking. Social media is meant for arguing. But a letter allows the reader to digest the subject at their own pace. No catchy phrases or statistics or that sort of rhetoric will gain the readers interest as those are things that put said readers in a defensive posture.

Nope, just share a story that will capture the readers attention while mentioning how you understand why they could be alarmed about youth vaping or recent illness issues. Politely get the point(s) across about the virtues of vaping instead of smoking.

Most folks do not know that the American President and Soviet President used to write letters to each other. What began as a debate via pen and paper ended up bringing an end to the Cold War a couple of decades ago. Once each had cross examined each others letter and retorted a few times a genuine dialog occured and two people who had never met yet hated each other ended up becoming mutually respectful of each other. Friends in the end.
If only, we are the few who even know how to write a letter. I was in a UPS Store one day when the Manager had to address an envelope for a young guy, he didn't know how to.............OMG

You've got more chance of taking a leak in the Queens Handbag

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Exactly my point GB.
Point being is a letter is a rare thing these days. Not many competing for attention like on social media.

I wrote a letter to obama shortly after he took office wishing him best regards in a successful time in office then laid out a few points why I disagree with his policy proposals. About 2 weeks later I received a type written response from his staff thanking me for expressing my concerns.

In my letter I addressed the notion of American society being in a sad state like after Vietnam and requested his next televised address be a pep rally for the future. Next time he spoke on tv his rhetoric was a positive message. I cannot say for certain I changed his mind about his proposed policies but did feel like an idea was planted in his psyche while he was looking for more favorable poll numbers.

Politicians like to be popular. So if a letter can present an idea that will cause them to think the PR behind it will help their poll numbers your ideas stand a better chance at success.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
While we are at it, let's respond to Melania Trumps website about her anti-vaping PBS special from the other nite. First Lady Melania Trump

Post your own thoughts about the proposed flavor ban and how we can decrease the number of teens from vaping. Explain that the CDC and FDA have said the youth illnesses and deaths are from vaping illegal THC purchased from the black market, and has nothing to do with nicotine vaping.

17760028_245857072550227_1088666740452130406_n.jpg

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
While we are at it, let's respond to Melania Trumps website about her anti-vaping PBS special from the other nite. First Lady Melania Trump

Post your own thoughts about the proposed flavor ban and how we can decrease the number of teens from vaping. Explain that the CDC and FDA have said the youth illnesses and deaths are from vaping illegal THC purchased from the black market, and has nothing to do with nicotine vaping.

17760028_245857072550227_1088666740452130406_n.jpg

Too bad it's a FB page to reach her. I don't do FB.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Exactly my point GB.
Point being is a letter is a rare thing these days. Not many competing for attention like on social media.

I wrote a letter to obama shortly after he took office wishing him best regards in a successful time in office then laid out a few points why I disagree with his policy proposals. About 2 weeks later I received a type written response from his staff thanking me for expressing my concerns.

In my letter I addressed the notion of American society being in a sad state like after Vietnam and requested his next televised address be a pep rally for the future. Next time he spoke on tv his rhetoric was a positive message. I cannot say for certain I changed his mind about his proposed policies but did feel like an idea was planted in his psyche while he was looking for more favorable poll numbers.

Politicians like to be popular. So if a letter can present an idea that will cause them to think the PR behind it will help their poll numbers your ideas stand a better chance at success.

Oh ,I did write. Even including references to medical studies. I expect at best a "thank you for sharing your concerns" boiler plate response. Although last time I did that back aways, I didn't even get the courtesy of that.

Astron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Washington
I wrote my local legislator before the “hearing” on Wednesday. I did receive a non-generated reply and yet another as I replied to the first.

The method I used to initiate a conversation was RESISTBOT (text RESIST to 504-09) and it gives you a direct way to contact local, state, or federal government, or all three. It sends an actual faxed letter. My local rep replied via email and that’s how I knew I had her attention as I am her constituent (be sure to identify yourself as such). I included my personal journey and experiences as a vape shop employee in the second reply, which I do believe she read.

FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread