CALLING ON THE VAPING COMMUNITY TO CONTACT PRESIDENT TRUMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Nobody's mentioned it in this thread so far, but do you know who vapes, or at least used to? Rush Limbaugh (he vaped and marketed for one of the companies rebranding and overcharging for the original Lavatube). If there's someone who might be able to convince the President, it's his golfing buddy, right?

Now we just need to explain to Rush (I think he still takes callers?) that it's THC oil additives that are causing the sickness, and not nicotine ejuices.
Rush did a segment on vaping on his show. I'll post a link later. He is smoking cigars now but sees this flavor ban as an infringement of voter rights and government over reach.

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
Is this going to be one of "Health Expert" News Stories where at the end I have to wipe a Bunch of Spit off my screen?
Watch it! You won't need a towel I promise. Hands down about the only truth I've seen on any mass media report. The fact it's carried on CBS had me about to fall out of my chair in disbelief.

CBS All Access is a subscription service, although the video did load before I logged in (I already subscribe). From the caption to the video clip:

"Public Health England describes e-cigarettes as "at least 95% less harmful than tobacco cigarettes" – a claim New York University professor David Abrams agrees with. Abrams tells "CBS This Morning" Tony Dokoupil why he's concerned about what the current panic about e-cigarette safety could mean for public health. Air Date: Sep 20, 2019"

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Watch it! You won't need a towel I promise. Hands down about the only truth I've seen on any mass media report. The fact it's carried on CBS had me about to fall out of my chair in disbelief.

CBS All Access is a subscription service, although the video did load before I logged in (I already subscribe). From the caption to the video clip:

"Public Health England describes e-cigarettes as "at least 95% less harmful than tobacco cigarettes" – a claim New York University professor David Abrams agrees with. Abrams tells "CBS This Morning" Tony Dokoupil why he's concerned about what the current panic about e-cigarette safety could mean for public health. Air Date: Sep 20, 2019"

Then I guess I'll have to Watch It.

Because up to now, the chances of seeing a Truthful piece on e-Cigarettes by the Mainstream Media, especially CBS, has been about the Same as Catching a White Unicorn with your Bare Hand in your backyard.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
This isn't about kids, recent illnesses, flavors, public health or anything you or they can come up with.

This is and always has been all about the money and the money only.

The multiple billions of missing MSA money.
The multiple billions of BT losses over that last several years.
The multiple billions of BP losses on nrt therapy products & prescription smoking cessation products.
The multiple millions lost in the general health care field from lack of participants in nrt & prescription smoking cessation programs.
Multiple millions of missing sales tax revenue due to online vaping purchases.
The missing millions in the insurance industry from lack of 'smokers premiums.'
The multiple millions in trade imbalance due to most vaping products originating from foreign countries.
American $ going directly to other countries.

20 or 30 million for a PR firm to raise truthful awareness, money from business in other countries? you gotz to be kidding.

About 3 years ago the Govt named their price, for the most part it fell on completely deaf ears.

If vaping is to survive as we know it now it is really quite simple.
Figure out a way for vaping to fully fund all the above missing money.
We're talking hundreds of billions to start with as a stop gap, then at least fund the MSA every year afterwards.

At this point it sure won't hurt to try anything & everything, but, there is only one sure way.
Money, lots of it.
Ding ding ding. We have a winner boys and girls.

Seeing that we will colonize Mars before the vape world will be able to wield that much money, I do think that if the general public could become convinced in sufficient numbers that they are being lied to and these blood sucking bureaucrats are actually endangering people by their actions, it MIGHT make a difference. Maybe.

• Agree
Reactions: Oregon Linda

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
I wish someone in government would address the actual issue- tainted black market oil THC. But no, none of them will. Today all of them are lying spineless good for nothings.
Only becuse they will look bad for allowing the med mj to be dispensed in vapor form in the first place... It was a move that came with consequences they are refusing to amit. They seen how good vaping was working for the x smokers so they said lets despense the thc a
In vapor form.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Only becuse they will look bad for allowing the med mj to be dispensed in vapor form in the first place... It was a move that came with consequences they are refusing to amit. They seen how good vaping was working for the x smokers so they said lets despense the thc a
In vapor form.
Since MJ is still illegal (a Schedule 1 drug!) on the Federal level) I'm not sure who "they" are. It certainly isn't the CDC or the FDA.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Yeah... I Really Don't Think JUUL set out to Sell to Teens. It Just Isn't a Very Good Business Model in today's day and Age of Regulated Market.

But, Unfortunately, they made a Product that became the "Must Have" Teen Device.

"And just like fashion, it's a passion for the with it and hip
If you got the goods, they'll come and buy it just to stay in the clique"
Smash Mouth, "Walking on the Sun", 1997

You may not be old enough for this but when I was a youngun it was pet rocks. Anyone that was ANYONE had one.

The sad part is this particular fad amongst teens is going to bite one heck of A lot of people hard and cost some their lives.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
You may not be old enough for this but when I was a youngun it was pet rocks. Anyone that was ANYONE had one.

The sad part is this particular fad amongst teens is going to bite one heck of A lot of people hard and cost some their lives.
I remember Pet Rocks. :rolleyes:

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Since MJ is still illegal (a Schedule 1 drug!) on the Federal level) I'm not sure who "they" are. It certainly isn't the CDC or the FDA.
They: politicians who allowed Columbia Care to despense legal med mj in NYC. And yes the FDA was involved because they made a quarter million dollars for the city in none refundible application fees for each applicant. They just shoudve legalize mj and we wouldn't be in this situation. Jull would have taken much of the blaim on the vaping increase amongs teens as they should.
We also messed up and played a part at the begining with the parading of ? trick vaping in vape shops and vape events!!
So yes am angry because I vape and live in NYC. I just call it how i see it...

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
THIS is what needs to happen. Sound data from manifestly credible sources just like this on major outlets where multitudes can see it.

These lobotomized lemmings you see in these comment threads under pieces like at the Washington Post MIGHT even be given pause by productions like this.

During the Cuomo disinformation blitz he stated "no credible expert" would disagree. Think about it. Anyone who doesn't agree with you isn't credible and to be vilified and scorned. A scare tactic to prevent researchers from sticking their necks out and risk being labeled as untrustworthy and undermined in their very livelihoods by threatening to brand them as liars because they don't agree with what the politicians want the public to know. The kind of intimidation tactics associated with the worst governments that have ever ruled.

These attacks on science have been escalating for years, decades really, in the US. Now both sides of the aisle are cool with rejecting fact, and without a doubt intend to intimidate anyone who dares raise their voice supporting actual fact over a political position, however untenable that position is. It's like a return to the Dark Ages, but instead of clergy establishing truths through dogma and vilification, it's politicians. It's the acceptance of "alternative facts" as reality. The age of reason is ending in the US. I hope it survives elsewhere.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
What I found interesting was everthing going on behind the scene. Advocates have been meeting with politicians and other policy makers educating them. So many policy makers really didn't understand how the black market THC caused the deaths and illnesses. They admit to have gotten their false information from the news media. As the real facts come out, newspaper and tv news media are beginning to report more fact based info. The politicians have been shocked by the pushback by vapers' response. So our phone calls, petitian signings, social media posts, etc have had an unexpectedly strong effect. Don't give up hope. Keep calling. Keep educating. Keep up the fight.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
GOP allies warn vaping ban will sink Trump in 2020
1569186701747.png

Illustration: Lazaro Gamio/Axios
Conservative leaders are circulating data to White House staff that claims adults who vape will turn on President Trump if he follows through with his planned ban on flavored e-cigarettes, Axios has learned.

Between the lines: The data (shown below) reveals that the number of adult vapers in key battleground states greatly outweighs the margins by which Trump won those states in 2016 — and they argue it could cost him reelection.

What we're hearing: "While parents may be concerned about e-cigarettes, the people who genuinely care about vaping as a voting issue so far outweighs the number of people Trump needs to win in 2020 that they are royally screwing themselves by doing this," Paul Blair, the director of strategic initiatives at Americans for Tax Reform, tells me.

• Suburban moms concerned about vaping "don't have the same voter intensity on this as adult vapers do," an industry lobbyist said.
  • Florida, which Trump won by 113,000 voters, had about 873,000 adult vapers in 2016. They reason that if 1 in 8 vapers turn against Trump in 2020 because he foreclosed their vaping options, it could jeopardize the election.
Why it matters: If the FDA backs away from Trump's proposed enforcement policy, it would be the second time in recent weeks that political concerns prompted him to dial back government regulations.

• Trump's openness this summer to expanded background checks cooled after the gun lobby and campaign advisers warned about bad internal polling.
Our thought bubble: There are four unsubstantiated assumptions about adult vapers in the case being presented to Trump:

1. They start out as Trump voters.
  2. They wouldn't vape anymore if they couldn't get the flavors.
  3. They are single-issue voters around vaping rights.
  4. The eventual Democratic nominee would be more vape-friendly.
Still, the math can't be totally ignored, especially in places like Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin where Trump's 2016 win margins were so narrow and the number of adult vapers is relatively high.

By the numbers: More than 4 million people in swing states regularly used e-cigarettes in 2016, according to FDA-funded survey data published last year in the Annals of Internal Medicine.

• Industry experts say that number has increased significantly in recent years.

Data: Mirboulouk, et. al, 2016, "Prevalence and Distribution of E-Cigarette Use Among U.S. Adults: Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 2016", Census Bureau, Atlas of U.S. Presidential Elections; Chart: Andrew Witherspoon/Axios
Behind the scenes: The White House scheduled a listening session with conservative groups last Thursday after receiving intense backlash from GOP leaders and industry execs following the announcement of the ban.

• Among the invitees: The Competitive Enterprise Institute, the Goldwater Institute, AFT and the Vapor Technology Association.
  • But roughly 24 hours after invitations went out, the meeting was canceled.
  • "They’re in chaos mode on this stuff because the backlash has been so resoundingly overpowering," one invitee said.
  • A White House official says the meeting is expected to be rescheduled.
The bottom line: The political pressure points regarding the ban have gotten Trump's attention.

• Shortly after the proposed ban was announced, Trump tweeted that he still likes vaping as an alternative to cigarettes.
  • Trump's 2020 campaign manager Brad Parscale also hit back at a Trump follower who tweeted that banning vaping products is "not on brand with MAGA."
  • One administration official said the tweets were prompted by a flood of criticism from conservative leaders.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I hope I'm remembering right, but one of the juice companies just donated 1 million dollars towards the effort. I think it was NAKED.

I just saw a CA Vape Naked licence plate on a car ahead of me. I couldn't take a picture--I was driving, but it looked like this: :)

ab250abfe63969d126fc0e7494cd807a.jpg

Reactions: Katdarling
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread