Royal Smokers E2 V4 Cartomizer Contest!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried the bottles with the needle attached to the top? I use the syringe mod and just drop it along the side wall. Works great and so easy to refill!

Sent from my Droid

I ordered several bottles with a needle tip (used to put drops on oil on guns,etc). While this looks great and seems like it ought to work a charm -- the needle fits the tiny holes perfectly -- in fact, it does't work well for me. Here's why: It takes apparently superhuman strength to squeeze the bottle hard enough to make anything come out the tip. This is true whether inserted into the needle hole or even trying to use it to drip on KR808 carts without pushing it into the filler.

I am very disappointed by this. I'm not exactly a 98 pound weakling. I just can't seem to refill effectively using the needle-tip bottle. Back to the syringes with their crazy-bendy tip. Bleah.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Well Bruce, I just refilled mine using the bottle you sell for the Wetbox and it works PERFECTLY!! All I did was remove the tubing inside the bottle. The needle fits in the hole perfectly and when I overfilled I was able to suck it back up into the bottle. I used the tubing as a cover for the needle and it snaps on securely. It took a few seconds, no syringe and zero mess! Plus it's something you already sell!

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Quick note on using the middle ring flat side down: If you have a "good" carto (ie: the wicks fill up most of the slots) then the middle ring will do a good job of preventing leaks. If your wicks leave a big enough gap at the top of the slots then you'll still get a little leakage if you lay it down.

If you're using this method it's still a good idea to keep your PV upright whenever possible. If you have to lay it down try to "lean" it on something with a little thickness like a drink coaster, etc..

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
HEY HE STOLE MY IDEA.:laugh:

Same here, almost from the start of using them. "Hey, that is my idea" can probably be yelled by many of us; no filler ring. Even when, say a mod falls over, for hours, the ceramic cup will fill and it only takes a drag to get it out. Depending on the viscosity of the juice I usually have a little around the edges of the middle ring, which is down near the cup, and sometimes a layer of juice all the way over the middle ring.

I use drip tips and haven't had any issues with juice in my mouth. Also, use mods or manual batteries so not to worry about juice going down to the battery. I'm not sure, though, that juice will stay completely away from a battery with this method so auto battery users beware.

To fill I, too, drip it down the sides with all rings out. Let it sit a bit and put more in. Then when it is full, even a little over filled, put middle ring only back in, down to the cup, and gently blow from battery end to remove the little excess out that may get into the air stem.

When I'm using juice from 60 ml bottles I still use the syringe. I've run several E2's over trying to pour from a big bottle that doesn't have a drip tip.

For travel, the top ring will keep your juice from leaking if it is not too awfully thin bodied. I don't know about those because most of my juices have a good percentage of pg.

Alice

I've been using the method described by hairball for the last two weeks. I don't use the silicone plug that fits over the cup, but do use the thin flat "O" ring plug with a drip tip. The "O" ring seems to prevent leaks and doesn't inhibit the wicking action. The "O" ring is very easy to remove and replace for filling from a drip bottle. I am extremely happy with the results and am done with experimenting and into just using and enjoying.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I've been messing with these things for over two months and haven't found a better way to fill them than pulling the rings and dripping. A condom-fill from either end just won't work (for different reasons). Hats off to anyone who finds a better way. :)

On the bright side, CE2's last a loooong time. It's like having a cartomizer with the life-span of an atty. I've lost track of how many times I've cleaned and reused them.

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB
The PTB mod leaving the wicks intact is my preferred method, but put some thought into the refilling without a syringe.

what I have done tonight and am testing now is to take the rings out, and then cut a slice out of the inner cup shaped ring on the sides where the refill holes are. Don't take out to much of a slice, you want to leave the ring intact on the sides that seal over the slots in the ceramic cup.

You do need to do this in such a way as to leave the "lip" in place to seal the top of the ceramic cup when you put it back in.

This creates a gap in the outer part of the ring that you can drip through.

Then after filling place the middle ring back in flat side down to seal up the hole(s) in the inner ring.

To refill just remove the middle ring and drip through the gap in the inner ring, replace middle ring and good to go.

Testing this now and can leave the carto upside down for over 10 min without leaking.

innerplugtrimmedandmidd.th.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

Picture on left shows inner plug trimmed and intact middle ring.
Picture on right shows inner plug installed.

All the best, Happy Vaping,
Wing.

Last edited:

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
Well Bruce, I just refilled mine using the bottle you sell for the Wetbox and it works PERFECTLY!! All I did was remove the tubing inside the bottle. The needle fits in the hole perfectly and when I overfilled I was able to suck it back up into the bottle. I used the tubing as a cover for the needle and it snaps on securely. It took a few seconds, no syringe and zero mess! Plus it's something you already sell!

Well that is a novel idea, I think I will try it LOL.

IndustrialAction

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Northern VA
We like this new technology!
But, without dripping...we need to fill with a syringe or bottle.

Who can come up with a simple way to fill them?
Like the Condom Method that works so easily and quickly for regular Cartomizers.

No offense intended to the modders, but aren't we getting off track with all of the mod talk? The question is the easiest way to refill. I still standby the removal of all three rings and a free oral syringe (no tip needed) from the pharmacy. Just fill .8ml for a regular and 1.6 or so for an XL, squeeze it out along the inner wall, put the three rings back to cut-down on spillage when the carto is on its side or upside down, vape away!

Last edited:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
When you tell people to drip down the side its not even close to being an exact science or even a very good science....if you have viscous VG you have to be VERY sure you don't mess into the cup and when you say you fill just below ythe cup's edge, you have to be VERY careful people take that literally. If you fill to the cups edge it ges through the slots, into the cup, and down your air intake and you are fudged.

If you are going to do it this way I suggest trying to make sure you go a mm or two BELOW the cup slots (and use it with only mainly PG juice)...or you will be one very unhappy camper having wasted close to 2 ml of juice in a carto that won't vape....

I take all 3 rings out. The 3rd one can be a little stubborn but it will come out. I fill by dripping juice down the sides until it reaches just under the edge of the top of the ceramic cup (you can see it when it's full). I replace only the flat "O" ring and the mouth piece. The 3rd cup looking type ring hits the trash. I don't have a problems with leaking as the 2nd ring you take out fits back in snuggly. I use a small precission screwdriver to remove all of these. This works the best for me on the go. I don't have time for syringes while I'm at work.

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
No offense intended to the modders, but aren't we getting off track with all of the mod talk? The question is the easiest way to refill. I still standby the removal of all three rings and a free oral syringe (no tip needed) from the pharmacy. Just fill .8ml for a regular and 1.6 or so for an XL, squeeze it out along the inner wall, put the three rings back to cut-down on spillage when the carto is on its side or upside down, vape away!

All E2's are not created equal. Some filler rings are fairly easy to remove and reinstall, but some are almost impossible. This is because some ceramic cups have a slightly larger outside diameter and some outer tubes have a slightly smaller inside diameter. These different sizes create several combinations, so the ease of removal and installation is more or less determined by the luck of the draw.

I found out about the different tube diameters a couple months ago while experimenting with a combination cup seal and mouthpiece. Because of different tube and cup sizes, I made two prototypes that would get by for test purposes. I now know enough to where this filler tip can be revised to fit all versions. The ones I am experimenting with are made out of brass, but a final version should be made of a high temperature plastic.

For the meantime, the ones I have are working fairly well. They are simply pulled out like any other mouthpiece, which exposes the reservoir for easy filling. Sorry for the bad photos. My camera does not take a closeup.
Tip.jpg

Tip2.jpg

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
br - I have experienced the filler ring reinsert PITA the past two days and you hit nail on head...they are not so easily reinserted because of variances...I wanna try one of your newfangled mouthpiece/drip tips :O

All E2's are not created equal. Some filler rings are fairly easy to remove and reinstall, but some are almost impossible. This is because some ceramic cups have a slightly larger outside diameter and some outer tubes have a slightly smaller inside diameter. These different sizes create several combinations, so the ease of removal and installation is more or less determined by the luck of the draw.

I found out about the different tube diameters a couple months ago while experimenting with a combination cup seal and mouthpiece. Because of different tube and cup sizes, I made two prototypes that would get by for test purposes. I now know enough to where this filler tip can be revised to fit all versions. The ones I am experimenting with are made out of brass, but a final version should be made of a high temperature plastic.

For the meantime, the ones I have are working fairly well. They are simply pulled out like any other mouthpiece, which exposes the reservoir for easy filling. Sorry for the bad photos. My camera does not take a closeup.
Tip.jpg

Tip2.jpg

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
You are not needing to reinsert the filler ring with these and no leakage? Can you elaborate on that?

bigbuyer, you might like this

Badkolo's Prerolled & Crimped Ready to use C-E2 Ptb Strips, tubular on one end and flat on the other.
It WILL NOT UNFOLD since its pressed using a presser.

just insert and vape. can be used on both , WITH WICK & WITH CUT WICK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread