Royal Smokers E2 V4 Cartomizer Contest!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
actually, hairballs method worked for me for about 10 min.. now all i get is mouthfulls of liquid... i cant figure out how to stop it.. guess this is a carto for the garbage now. boo.

Sometimes when the filler ring is removed, it disturbs the ceramic cup enough to break the seal of the shrink tubing on the cup stem. Then you will have a slurpee until the liquid level gets below the stem.

This can easily happen if the ceramic stem fits loose on the metal tube. Some stems are a tight fit, so removing the filler ring won't disturb the seal.

Last edited:

IndustrialAction

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Northern VA
the problem with the PTB mod is that once you start using it, you have to keep using it because you will never again be satisfied without it...and it's really quite impossible to stealth vape with it because of the plumes of vapor....

What is the pyramid tea bag material specifically?

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
What is the pyramid tea bag material specifically?

From LIPTON Pyramid Tea Bags:

liptonvctp.jpg

It's a fine plastic mesh material.

Last edited:

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
I don't know that this is as easy as dripping, but we have a bunch of those giant syringes with the hollow metal tube you use to inject marinade into a turkey.

I just took one of the tubes and flattened it out a little at the pointed end and then cut it off and slipped it down the side of the 3rd ring.

I was able to refill the carto without any problem other than I had to drip into it slowly since it's so narrow and I don't have the pressure from a syringe. I was able to leave it inside but I didn't put the middle ring back in, but so far no leaks.

I'm going to be flying next week, and I think I'll do this rather than pack a syringe.

wetclay

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
UAE
Has anyone tried removing all the rings and using the syringe tip that comes with the E2's to drip down the side?
tried that, though with my needle not the tip that comes with the cartos. it works and easy.
did that when I was trying to mod the carto with the polyfill that comes with them. left the wick in place and just placed polyfill beside it. Then filled it with syringe & needle tip inserted beside the cup. then replaced the three plugs.
Didn't really make a lot of difference. Doesn't worth the hassle. Won't do it again unless someone confirms that cutting the wick is as important as placing the polyfill. Might give that a try in that case

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
Have you tried the syringe mod? Then you just drip it on the edges.
tried that, though with my needle not the tip that comes with the cartos. it works and easy.
did that when I was trying to mod the carto with the polyfill that comes with them. left the wick in place and just placed polyfill beside it. Then filled it with syringe & needle tip inserted beside the cup. then replaced the three plugs.
Didn't really make a lot of difference. Doesn't worth the hassle. Won't do it again unless someone confirms that cutting the wick is as important as placing the polyfill. Might give that a try in that case

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
I don't know that this is as easy as dripping, but we have a bunch of those giant syringes with the hollow metal tube you use to inject marinade into a turkey.

I just took one of the tubes and flattened it out a little at the pointed end and then cut it off and slipped it down the side of the 3rd ring.

I was able to refill the carto without any problem other than I had to drip into it slowly since it's so narrow and I don't have the pressure from a syringe. I was able to leave it inside but I didn't put the middle ring back in, but so far no leaks.

I'm going to be flying next week, and I think I'll do this rather than pack a syringe.

Thought I'd add a pic or two:

Attachments

• IMG00060.jpg
    IMG00060.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG00059.jpg
    IMG00059.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread