The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Hi Guest! 

Seasons Greetings. Just to let you know that a new giveaway has just started. 

This one's from our friends at Humble Vape Co. and I hope you'll take part for a chance to be one of the ten winners of their great prizes. 

ecfhumble

See our giveaway page for full details. This one's for US residents only. 

Good luck! 

Oliver

Dismiss Notice

RSST Rebuildable Atomizer

Discussion in 'Genesis' started by Taff Evans, May 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SkvLTD

SkvLTD Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2013
    MD
    Oh man, memory lane right here haha. My first proper SS atty was the original, then I picked up the pyrex and a friend of mine lost it the same night at a party.... Then I eventually sold my original to a friend when I upgraded to a Russian 91 clone. I do miss SS mesh wicking - clean, easy to dry burn occasionally right with the coil and to me there was never any metallic flavor, but nice and clean juice flavor as opposed to cotton back in those days.

Biggest difference is probably the japanese organic that became the standard without much of that cotton-y flavor while it breaks in.

2. Taff Evans

Taff Evans Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 7, 2016
    I agree mate. Only used the original one and not the Pyrex glass one. The RSST is still a very good vape.. I still use mine from time to time, although not as often as i did previously.

Its simple to work on as well with those insulated wick holes, couldn't be much easier!

Time goes by, but still a very good Genny especially for new mesh style vapers... that is IF you can still find one, they are certainly scarce now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SkvLTD

Nov 10, 2013
    MD
    Madvapes in fact, $6. Couldn't resist the nostalgia. Noticed they made a dual coil and then an all-in-one for a magneto - pretty neat, although I just can't see myself using non-usb-rechargeable batteries anymore.

EDIT: holy cow! Got their last pyrex one! So btw, do you guys know how well if at all any newer top caps fit on the good old guy? Would be nice to kit bash this a bit for better air and colors and whatnot.

4. Taff Evans

May 7, 2016
    I am not sure if they will fit mate, it looks like a completely different atomiser.

One tip I will pass on to you though, if you haven't already got one, is get yourself a Chamber Reducer for the RSST. They just fit into the top cap and transforms the atty into a flavor monster. They are not expensive and worth every last penny.

Can't remember where i got mine from but i am sure a search will throw up one or two for you.

Cheers!

5. SkvLTD

Nov 10, 2013
    MD
    Suppose if anyone still makes those, and for a reasonable price. I never tried one of those back in the day because I moved onto Russian 91 faster than squeezing everything outta the RSST, and I DID put mesh into that tiny atty, so it was the best of both worlds.

Quick search led to a pretty logical solution - using an aluminum can strip to make shift a blocker.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ericbnc

ericbnc Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2012
    Piedmont Triad, NC
    SS Vape has the Pyrex version for 95 cents.

• Like Like x 2
  7. SkvLTD

Nov 10, 2013
    MD
    The chamber reducer? I don't see it at all. Nor anything RSST...

8. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    • Like Like x 1
  9. GrowthCurve

GrowthCurve Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2016
    Rust Belt
    A buck???! Am i reading this right?
    Buy a dozen of them!!
    And i bet the chamber reducer would knock it out of the park!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. sawlight

sawlight Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2009
    Kansas
    Are they in China? Doesn't matter much, just curious on shipping time.

11. huckleberry

huckleberry Full Member Verified Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Dublin, Pa
  12. retired1

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    Yeah, at .95 cents a pop, I may pull the trigger on a few since it's pretty much the only thing I use.

• Like Like x 1
  13. sawlight

Nov 2, 2009
    Kansas
  14. sawlight

Nov 2, 2009
    Kansas
    5 RSST's and a Caravela clone for $14.70 shipped? Yeah, that's ordered! Nice find!

• Like Like x 1
  15. SkvLTD

Nov 10, 2013
    MD
    Well damn! Mine already came in from MadVapes, and boooooy I forgot how to setup the mesh.... Gonna take me a bit of old-school tinkering this one..

• Like Like x 1
  16. Taff Evans

May 7, 2016
    wow. $90 flat rate to ship to the Uk!!! DHL only....No thank you. Would have bought 6 of them..but not at that shipping price.. You guys living in the States need to jump in a get a few of these before they run out. Luckily I still have a couple of new ones boxed in my spares drawer!!

• Like Like x 2
  17. GrowthCurve

GrowthCurve Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2016
    Rust Belt
    Fun way to wind down on a Friday nite!!Just got finished policing all of the kanthal and mesh snippets off of the kitchen floor lolol

• Like Like x 1
  18. retired1

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    Not that difficult. Here's how I do it.

I cut out the square and torch it good. Then I roll it up with a piece of silica wick in the middle. The silica helps when I'm playing choo-choo as I've been known to outvape the wicking ability of straight mesh. :D

Wrap your coil, attach, insert mesh and go to town.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SkvLTD

Nov 10, 2013
    MD
    Wrapping 28g SS the old school way is easier said than done, haha. And enough of 500 mesh wicks REALLLLLY well. Might try my remainder of 32g nichrome as well for obvious reasons.

The real step is filing/drilling out the air hole because that draw is wayyyy too tight for my recent like.

As far as SS Vape, there are about 3 of them within a drive's reach from me, so perhaps a couple phone calls in the AM to see if any of these locations have those 1$ sets.

20. ericbnc

ericbnc Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2012
    Piedmont Triad, NC
    I ordered a couple a while back as a lark when I ordered a couple nice GP things. I never tried the style before but the flavor is very nice.

A friend was using a Dark Horse RDA clone and we tried the body on the rsst base and it fits, but lots of others I tried will not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.