Status
Not open for further replies.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I have tried several top airflow rtas and cough a lot by using them
The cause of that is not the location of the airholes.

Don't look for a "beginner" RTA. Look for a good RTA and then learn how to use it properly. I'd recommend the Zeus X.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I have had the zeus dual obs nano engine and the intake all of them make me caugh like crazy
So what? You think that vertically moving air is milder than air that makes a 180° turn? Correlation does not equal causation. I find it more likely that direct-lung inhales are irritating your throat. You sound like a mouth-to-lung candidate.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Hello.

Can anyone recommend a bottom airflow RTA that is easy to wick and is forgiving with the wicking so i does not leak.

Best regards
bottom airflow and leak proof is like water and oil...

i might recomend paraoh mini RTA if you want something pretty easy to start with...

Also i might advise, get a zeus RTA, no matter the model, all of them are pretty easy to start with, but are top air, leak proof and pretty interesting ones, so, the thing is not about air inlets location, is abu draw, coils and also wattage or temp, even bottom flow tanks could make you cough a lot if improperly used,

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I have had the zeus dual obs nano engine and the intake all of them make me caugh like crazy

Well both are top air but my current favorites are the OBS Nano (the old single coil tank that is no longer made) and the Zeus X.

I use a single coil in the Zeus X. Either 22 Gauge SS or 22 Gauge Kanthal sometimes instead. The SS comes out at around .25 ohm and the Kanthal around .4 ohm. I don't have coughing problems but then I use low PG and lower level of Nicotine. You don't say how much nic but if it is 6 mg or higher it is likely to get harsh in a DTL tank. The Zeus X is pretty easy to wick and build. The only thing with it is that you have to be careful assembling the tank. The inner chamber seals the top off from the juice well. You need to put the inner chamber in and push it up to seal it before assembling or you might end up with leaking thru the top of the tank.

If you still have the Zeus, while it is a dual coil tank, you can build it for single coil. You need a coil around 3.5 mm inner diameter for that. You then put the legs diagonally across the deck with the coil lined up with the juice slots.

Reactions: stols001

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
You really do need to give us more details, all of the attys you mentioned are very good rtas.
Juice - nic level, salts or freebase, vg content
Coil (s) - metal type, diameter, number of wraps, coil placement (how high or low)
Wick - what kind

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
The only one that I have used that is bottom air flow, hasn't leaked, and is extremely easy to wick is the Vaperz cloud VCST. Mine is the 30mm version, I can't speak for the 25mm version. They are older, and I think they are out of production, so getting one may be kinda hard. Other than that one, I have no viable suggestions.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
In this situation I generally attempt to recommend an RDTA. Basically all RTAs have fairly narrow amounts of slop in their wick length requirements. Some ARE worse than others, but all of them are pretty tight. Frequently the amount of variance is a millimeter or two. Also wick thickness can matter a lot.

I’ve gotten good results from aromamizers with removable decks personally because if one removes the deck first one can feed the long wicks through the juice holes then trim them off and thin them at the bottom from the other side, thus making the thing somewhat self measuring. A LOT of people emphatically disagree with me on this one and call it the “wrong” way to wick an atty.

To make it more fun basically all RTA models wick a bit differently. Only thing to really do is watch a bunch of YouTube videos on how to wick a particular model of RTA and attempt to follow them. A certain amount of trial and error is likely to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread