Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Thank you Anna, would you say the Hastur Mini is better than the Hastur? Because I actually like the Hastur more if its about options and looks ;)

I use the Hastur and love it - from what I've seen, the flavour is just as good as the mini. I chose it for the airier airflow inserts - as the mini is more aimed at tight mtl

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    Hiya,

So I came to the point where I would like to get myself a MTL rta and I need your help on choosing the right one for the beginner as I am :) I am doubting between the Hastur Mini, Innokin Ares or Vapefly Galaxies. Do you have any experience with any of those RTA's? Or would you recommend a different one for a beginner?

Important for me is good airflow options and optimal flavor !

Thank you!
    dunno if came late to this party,
    f1rst RTA, uhm, well, paraoh mini, for flavor, amazing performance and single coil, a pretty forgiving one! so is zeus x and single, also revolver RTA is another great contender!

Regards,

Reactions: Heartsdelight

SP013

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    dunno if came late to this party,
    f1rst RTA, uhm, well, paraoh mini, for flavor, amazing performance and single coil, a pretty forgiving one! so is zeus x and single, also revolver RTA is another great contender!

Regards,
    I think those are DTL rta’s, I was asking about MTL :) already got myself the doggystyle, very nice.
    F537569-C-290-C-4-ADE-9-B9-F-F7373-E8157-A2.jpg

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    So my pico read 1.35 but my drag mini 1.42, not sure which is more precise but I guess the drag
    clean both 510 connectors, also if the atty have a adjustable positive pin try to unscrew a couple of turns and see how they perform, is a little difference,

I will suggest Coilology MTL wire, im using it, SS316 for temp control, sometimes i just switch to Wattage and stay at 12-14W for mtl with salt nic, amazing flava! now rocking some "Don Juan Reserve" by king Crest salts!

Regards,

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @SP013, 7-13 watts about. Or at least that's what my tool is coming up with, but adjust for preference anyway. As if 14 watts is good for you, it seems that both mods may be reading a little off.

Tighten everything up and clean the 510 connectors as @P3ch3 has mentioned, and see if anything changes.

@SP013, did you do a full teardown and clean of the Doggystyle when you got it?

SP013

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    @SP013, 7-13 watts about. Or at least that's what my tool is coming up with, but adjust for preference anyway. As if 14 watts is good for you, it seems that both mods may be reading a little off.

Tighten everything up and clean the 510 connectors as @P3ch3 has mentioned, and see if anything changes.

@SP013, did you do a full teardown and clean of the Doggystyle when you got it?
    Ofcourse I didnt I was too excited to think about it... will do that tomorrow morning, oops!

Reactions: Mordacai

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    View attachment 820713
    I remember having to tilt genesis atomizers to get them to wick...is the "Don Juan Reserve" max VG or does your topper not wick well?

Best of luck
    I
    hi, is just 70/30 mix, salts are offered just in that presentation, amazing liquid, been using it for 4 days in a row on my ammit rta mtl, no problems so far, i do suspect it will gunk up coils faster compared to VCT i was using,

• Useful
    Reactions: Izan

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    No worries @SP013, you're forgiven.

So it may well be there's a dodgy connection somewhere in the Doggystyle. My advice to clean the metal parts when you turn it into a kit is to use whitening or smokers toothpaste to clean all the metal components, the abrasives in them really clean the oxidation off them and you also get a nice minty freshness.

But use hot soapy Water first to clean any machining oil off things first, there's plenty of horror stories about folks accidentally vaping tanks or rebuildables with machining oil contamination.

Reactions: SP013

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    1.35, its kanthal. Started at 10 watts, but went up to 14 watts, much much much better :)

I vape a 0.5ohm coil in the doggy RTA at 15 watts. And there's no right or wrong watts to use - it's purely about what you prefer for yourself.

Just received my doggystyle and made my first build, interesting vape, but I think I need to practice building as I have a feeling it can be much better. Not sure if I used too much cotton or too little, not sure how manywatts I can vape at etc.

Fine tuning the wicking was for me part of the fun of having a doggystyle RTA as my first RTA ;)

If you have to twist the cotton to pull it through the coil - then that's too much cotton. If you can easily pull your wick out when it's juiced up - then that's possibly too little.

Just play until you figure out what you like the best :)

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Ofcourse I didnt I was too excited to think about it... will do that tomorrow morning, oops!

:lol::lol::lol: I was the same - didn't start cleaning new RTAs til I was up to RTA no. 5 ;)

I usually have a difference in ohms/resistance on different mods - unless it's up to a 0.10 difference, I don't worry about it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread