Rugged mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I've got kind of a tall order. One of my mods crapped out yesterday after I had it for about 4 weeks never dropped it treated it like it was a baby. I need some names of inexpensive regulated external battery mods. I'm not taking it outside I don't intend on dropping it it shouldn't get wet other than an occasional leakage of ejuice. I don't care what it looks like I don't care if it's single or dual battery I do vastly prefer it to take 18 650 days but if it's with an adapter that's fine actually that's great. And the thing that might keep it lower end I don't need it to go over 50 Watts and I really don't even need it to go over 35. I don't care if it goes higher but I don't need it to I also don't care what it looks like or how big it is or how heavy or light it is. I just want something that's likely to work for a while. Extra points for being pretty basic because the less crap going on with it the less likely something's going to break but I'm not quite ready for a Mech mod yet

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Geekvape Aegis Solo. Single 18650 regulated mod that is shockproof, waterproof, and dustproof. There's a dual 18650 Aegis Legend model, too with the same characteristics. I recommend either the Samsung 30Q 3000mah, Sony VTC 6 3000mah, or LG HG2 3000mah batteries.

GeekVape Aegis Solo Mod
List Price: $49.99
Our Price: $31.99
star5.gif
(32)

Last edited:

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
You Tube search Geekvape Aegis Solo. Single 18650 regulated mod that is shockproof, waterproof, and dustproof. There's a dual 18650 Aegis Legend model, too with the same characteristics. I recommend either the Samsung 30Q 3000mah, Sony VTC 6 3000mah, or LG HG2 3000mah batteries.
I agree with everything said here, the Aegis Solo is a rugged mod, and is not very expensive either.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I have been looking into both the Aegis and the jackaroo with a preference towards the jackaroo thus far. If there's anything else that anyone can think of that would be great I'm not entirely thrilled by either option but they will do. My concern is more the inner workings of those devices. I would like a product that is at least a little bit water resistant or at least where it's designed that if there's a slight leak of E-liquid it's not going to go straight into the electrical workings or the battery chamber. What I'm concerned about in both the Aegis and the jackaroo is that there's a whole lot of different options and modes so it's not what I would consider basic. It's got a lot of different modes a lot of different options and while the outside of it seems quite tough and durable the inside of it has a lot of options that can break and when I say inside I mean whatever electrical or chipset is making it work. So while those are great suggestions and I probably will end up headed that way I do wonder if there's any more basic products that are designed well rather than being rugged on the outside. That being said if anyone sees a good sale on a jackaroo or an aegis please let me know :) and also thank you

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I do wonder if there's any more basic products that are designed well rather than being rugged on the outside. That being said if anyone sees a good sale on a jackaroo or an aegis please let me know :) and also thank you
I understand that you requested an regulated mod that takes 18650 external batteries, however the only other mod on the market (that I'm aware of) that is shockproof/dustproof/waterproof is the Innokin Adept.

It is designed for the simplist of vapers who don't like to mess with settings, and for low wattage, mouth to lung, vapers. It has a 3000mAh internal battery. It has a neat Plug & Play feature with the ability to detect the coil resistance and then set the power output to the ideal wattage for that coil resistance. Innokin has a great reputation for making quality components. This mod and tank is a joint collaboration by reviewers PBusardo and Dimitri the Vaping Greek, and Innokin.

Icon_New.gif
Innokin Adept Mod

List Price: $49.99
Our Price: $30.99
star4.gif
(5)

Last edited:

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I understand that you requested an regulated mod that takes 18650 external batteries, however the only other mod on the market (that I'm aware of) that is shockproof/dustproof/waterproof is the Innokin Adept. It is designed for low wattage, mouth to lung, vapers. It has a 3000mAh internal battery. It has a neat feature with the ability to detect the coil resistance and then set the power output to the ideal wattage for that resistance.

Thank you. considering I have so many different aspects I'm looking for I'm open to any idea :)

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Also just as a general question and knowing that different models are different and that quality can vary throughout time are there any brands that have a tendency to produce better products and I'm not referring to things like Vicious Ant I mean more along the lines of the regular suspects that you see mentioned all over the place. I know that even a company that's really well-regarded can have a bad model or a good model can have a few bad pieces But are there any just general associations between what brands are fairly known to be good and what brands are usually flawed. And are there any of the regular companies that you hear about all the time known to be really good about customer service if there is a problem?

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Also just as a general question and knowing that different models are different and that quality can vary throughout time are there any brands that have a tendency to produce better products and I'm not referring to things like Vicious Ant I mean more along the lines of the regular suspects that you see mentioned all over the place. I know that even a company that's really well-regarded can have a bad model or a good model can have a few bad pieces But are there any just general associations between what brands are fairly known to be good and what brands are usually flawed. And are there any of the regular companies that you hear about all the time known to be really good about customer service if there is a problem?

Geekvape has a very good reputation of making a quality product. They also do frequent these forums and provide acceptable customer service. They are not void of issues, there has to be a balance between quality control and keeping the cost within market norms. But given their popularity, I would say their failure rate is very low – perhaps one of the better out of Shenzhen

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with @Punk In Drublic , Geekvape has a great reputation. Innokin also has a great reputation for quality, IMHO. I've been using My Vapor Store as my online source for several years and never had a problem with them. Competitive prices, almost always in stock, fast order-to-delivery times.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I was getting the impression that geekvape tends to be pretty good as far as customer service and quality while still offering a competitively priced reasonable product. Honestly I don't think I trust any of these online vape stores that much I've had good experiences in the past with vapewild when they made a mistake and sent me Ejuice that wasn't properly sealed and sorta came loose in the packaging. But for example right now I've got a company trying to redefine the definition of what a day is regarding a warranty. I'm having to explain exactly what time the mailman came to deliver my product they are being that ridiculous. I'm so frustrated I'm actually thinking about buying something used as soon as my pouting starts to get to my husband and he approves purchase cuz I need a new mod and I don't think I'm going to get one anytime soon via warranty. I mean between used from a reg person with good ratings and a store that says they have a warranty but really doesn't I don't see much difference actually I probably have a better chance with buying it from someone on a forum.. I'm sorry I know that's off-topic I'm venting... anyways I really do appreciate you all's help

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have no experience with Vape Wild; my sister buys juice from them and I never heard her complain about them.

I have bought plenty of juice from My Vapor Store, no problems. I tend to buy most of my e-liquids from various e-liquid manufactures, and I can't say I've had any problems with any of them other than one who discontinued my favorite flavor. I was able to find a couple of substitutes that I enjoy just as much as my old "all day vape".

Last edited:

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@AvaOrchid, you have Geekvape's Aegis range (Legend, SOLO and Squonker, SOLO and Squonker use the same updated chipset) and the Vandy Vape Jackaroo (first ruggedised mod designed around a 21700 cell, does come with battery adapter but you need to use an external charger as there's no onboard charging as the hidden port is used for updating) that were the first to market.

Personally if you're low wattage vaping, the Aegis Squonker may be of interest due to the fact that it may future proof you somewhat. Because there's loads of good cheap clone RDA's around and it can also be converted into a non Squonking mod.

It's just an idea.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I have been looking into both the Aegis and the jackaroo with a preference towards the jackaroo thus far. If there's anything else that anyone can think of that would be great I'm not entirely thrilled by either option but they will do. My concern is more the inner workings of those devices. I would like a product that is at least a little bit water resistant or at least where it's designed that if there's a slight leak of E-liquid it's not going to go straight into the electrical workings or the battery chamber. What I'm concerned about in both the Aegis and the jackaroo is that there's a whole lot of different options and modes so it's not what I would consider basic. It's got a lot of different modes a lot of different options and while the outside of it seems quite tough and durable the inside of it has a lot of options that can break and when I say inside I mean whatever electrical or chipset is making it work. So while those are great suggestions and I probably will end up headed that way I do wonder if there's any more basic products that are designed well rather than being rugged on the outside. That being said if anyone sees a good sale on a jackaroo or an aegis please let me know :) and also thank you
The Jackaroo has setting which you'll only have to visit once. There, the options can be toggled on or off. Want a straight wattage only device? Toggle off all the TC and VV modes...

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
@AvaOrchid, you have Geekvape's Aegis range (Legend, SOLO and Squonker, SOLO and Squonker use the same updated chipset) and the Vandy Vape Jackaroo (first ruggedised mod designed around a 21700 cell, does come with battery adapter but you need to use an external charger as there's no onboard charging as the hidden port is used for updating) that were the first to market.

Personally if you're low wattage vaping, the Aegis Squonker may be of interest due to the fact that it may future proof you somewhat. Because there's loads of good cheap clone RDA's around and it can also be converted into a non Squonking mod.

It's just an idea.
That's actually a really nice idea thank you I can always count on this forum to have some of the best ideas :)

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
The Jackaroo has setting which you'll only have to visit once. There, the options can be toggled on or off. Want a straight wattage only device? Toggle off all the TC and VV modes...
Oooh you know what I did see a review of a product that did that and it was the jackaroo now that you mention it. Thanks!

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I have no experience with Vape Wild; my sister buys juice from them and I never heard her complain about them.

I have bought plenty of juice from My Vapor Store, no problems. I tend to buy most of my e-liquids from various e-liquid manufactures, and I can't say I've had any problems with any of them other than one who discontinued my favorite flavor. I was able to find a couple of substitutes that I enjoy just as much as my old "all day vape".
They have two of my favorite flavors at vapewild but I was a customer with them before they kind of became I don't know less good I can't put a finger on exactly how. I guess it was when they increased the minimum order for shipping claiming that it was new postal guidelines when no other company had done that and simultaneously also stopped using the coupon as part of the money towards the free shipping those two things together set me off a little bit. And also there juice was burning the hell out of my coils but that's kind of because of my preferred kind of juice I have a strong preference towards lemonade and lemonade tends to have citric acid and sweetener so not only is it a tank cracker but it will gum up the works. However now I don't need to worry about that because cotton is cheap and I'm not using commercial coils at least not as much. I honestly can say if I had to pick one company I've done business with that I could honestly say I trust it would be vapewild. They went above and beyond to make good on my order when it's filled they set me a whole new order even though only half of my bottles had spilled and they even sent a couple extras and rush shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread