Rugged mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Does your battery charger accept 21700 batteries? I saw a real good deal on a mod that takes those (and has 18650 adapter) single battery but forgot to bookmark it... will try to find it again (I'm a super bargain hunter!) What brand was your mod that broke? As mentioned, you can't go wrong with the two mods suggested. Also, there's a discussion going on about an asMODus mod for around $30 right now.

• Love
Reactions: AvaOrchid

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have not been able to break any of my Squid double barrel V3s. and they are dirt simple (and I love them.) I have a hunch my Solo would survive the longest if put to the test however. And, the lowest I have seen the squids is 50 bucks on a Chinese flash sale and also, they aren't what you'd call LIGHT.

I don't have a Jackaroo I hear good things consistently but VV has just never been my mod company.

Geekvape is great on customer service here, really good. For the money (and that coupon app, "Honey" will net you better deals than vapecrawler with a bit of shopping) I'd go with the Solo. It is a very nice mod and even I can seem to handle the settings. Good luck,

Anna

• Love

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Just watched a review of the Desire X-Mini and I love it! It is rugged, but also very heavy (I still like it anyway) Max tank Diameter is 26 mm but most tanks won't be bigger than that anyway. Very clear high contrast screen! Simple menu/controls.
Pioneer4You Eclipse has very popular chipset but you and I probably don't care about fancy features anyway. It will also be heavy with 2 batteries, but that thing would last me around 4 days easy!
If you like small and simple, the OBS Cube X is perfect. I like the shape and it's simple wattage mode only (no TC or anything fancy)

Reactions: stols001

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I understand that you requested an regulated mod that takes 18650 external batteries, however the only other mod on the market (that I'm aware of) that is shockproof/dustproof/waterproof is the Innokin Adept.

It is designed for the simplist of vapers who don't like to mess with settings, and for low wattage, mouth to lung, vapers. It has a 3000mAh internal battery. It has a neat Plug & Play feature with the ability to detect the coil resistance and then set the power output to the ideal wattage for that coil resistance. Innokin has a great reputation for making quality components. This mod and tank is a joint collaboration by reviewers PBusardo and Dimitri the Vaping Greek, and Innokin.

Icon_New.gif
Innokin Adept Mod

List Price: $49.99
Our Price: $30.99
star4.gif
(5)

Hi Bad. As much as I second your recommendation for the Solo, I really, really do not recommend the Adept. I happen to have one; no, I didn't buy it, I had a good fortune to win the kit in a contest (thanks Innokin and @Innokin_Paul ) and I like the Zlide but not the mod. Its wattage ranges are very limited and don't even support the recommended wattages for 1.6 and 1.2Ω Z coils (10-14 watts).

Innokin Adept Kit - Ecig Vaporizer
  • Intelligent Auto Wattage
  • Higher than 1.0ohm Coil: 11 - 14W
  • Lower than 1.0ohm Coil: 14 - 17W
I actually prefer the 1.6Ω coil at 8-10 W (depending on the eliquid), and I can't do it with Adept, which is a shame. Not to mention that the newest 1Ω coil, rated for 20-25 W and restricted DL, will not be even useable on this mod.

Here's a preview of coming attractions, courtesy of @NolaMel

We’ll see if this works...

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Katya, I know how you feel... have the Innokin EZ Watt very similar. They kinda force you to use the tank that comes with the kit.

For the record, my problem is not with the kits per se, they often are a better value, but I have a huge problem with Innokin's batteries with preset and extremely limited wattage choices. I know that they are meant for new vapers, but if a person can't dial down the wattage (or up, for that matter) beyond the manufacturer's recommendations, even a tiny little bit, I don't want them. Their Endura line is the same.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Black and orange Aegis Solo $21.32 from Breazy. Using code vapecrawler10 brings it down from $23.69.

https://www.vapecrawler.com/result/breazy:aegis-100w-solo-box-mod---geek-vape
I found that exact deal on breazy the only reason that I didn't pull the trigger on that one is that it appears to be an affiliate rather than actually sold through the website and that always makes me nervous. Or at least I think that's what that means when you click on the orange one it shows APV as the seller or some other initials.. and I've heard that you need to be very careful to only do business with the company from whose site you are purchasing that unlike Amazon the site will not guarantee a product that is being purchased from their site but through another vendor I don't know if that's true but I've just heard. Hell for all I know APV could stand for something completely different and I could be completely off base. Though since it does seem that my sigelei was warrantied and I did get a store credit which is what I requested I'm going to possibly be able to take a chance with another mod at a later time since I will have a backup to my backup through the refunded mod. It's one thing to take a chance of getting a mod that's DOA for a really good price that you can't warranty when you have other things in your stash it's a whole other thing when you're talkin about having less than three mods for the future lol

ThrashNeon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
I've got kind of a tall order. One of my mods crapped out yesterday after I had it for about 4 weeks never dropped it treated it like it was a baby. I need some names of inexpensive regulated external battery mods. I'm not taking it outside I don't intend on dropping it it shouldn't get wet other than an occasional leakage of eJuice. I don't care what it looks like I don't care if it's single or dual battery I do vastly prefer it to take 18 650 days but if it's with an adapter that's fine actually that's great. And the thing that might keep it lower end I don't need it to go over 50 Watts and I really don't even need it to go over 35. I don't care if it goes higher but I don't need it to I also don't care what it looks like or how big it is or how heavy or light it is. I just want something that's likely to work for a while. Extra points for being pretty basic because the less crap going on with it the less likely something's going to break but I'm not quite ready for a Mech mod yet

I've had my Aegis Legend for going on a year (ordered it 1 Jan 2019).
It takes 2x18650 batteries.
I vape at 60w all day long.
Once I set it for the wattage (dead simple), I've never had to change or touch ANY settings - I just replace the batteries every 2 days or so. I'll sometimes reset the puff counter... if I think of it.
It doesn't leak.
I'm currently using a FreeMax FireLuke mesh coil with it, but the stock tank/coils are excellent as well.

I also have an Aegis Solo (came with the 18650 adapter), but I don't really use it - not because I don't like it, just because I don't really need to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread