Ruyan vs DSE601

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandy

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2009
Lucerne
Hi guys, I am considering to buy an e-pipe from Heaven Gifts. Which of the two would you recommend - DSE601 vs Ruyan e-pipe? The Ruyan is a bit pricey but I suppose is better quality. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I just bought a DSE601 from Heaven Gifts two weeks ago. As I already have a Ruyan Pipe for 6 months now, which is still vaping at its best, I recommend to buy the Ruyan. The DSE (modified vaporizer) has a very heavy draw and in my case, its always blinking although batterly is full. Supplier says: this blinking wouldn't harm the pipe but he cannot guarantee that the DSE601 would last very long (means over 1 month). Hope this helps you a bit.

BenJammin

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2009
Richmond Virginia, USA
I recently bought two spare atty/bowls from Heaven Gifts and they are superior to the original one I got with the kit. Bought the replacements because I dropped it and put a big crack in the bowl. Atty still worked, the pipe just leaked like a sieve. The bridges on the new attys are fatter, wrapped thicker with mesh than the original. The vapor production is even better, something I didn't think was possible! Don't know how it compares to the Ruyan, at present I just can't justify the difference in price. The 601 was working just as well after 2 months as it was the day I got it. I am confident these new beauties will endure. Heck, I'm still using the original atty on my RN4081 after 9 months, so maybe I'm not all that tough on my equipment, barring the occasional intervention of gravity :oops:.
Oh man, I just caught the date on the OP. Boy do I feel like an archaeologist. Well hope this helps anyone else looking into the DSE601. It is THE device that secured my continued enjoyment of vaping. Plus the pipe is a positive attention getter for the uninitiated. I've gotten more positve feedback while using this pipe than I ever got with the Super-Mini. Even the non-smokers like it.

jboze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Orange County, CA
I recently bought two spare atty/bowls from Heaven Gifts and they are superior to the original one I got with the kit. Bought the replacements because I dropped it and put a big crack in the bowl. Atty still worked, the pipe just leaked like a sieve. The bridges on the new attys are fatter, wrapped thicker with mesh than the original. The vapor production is even better, something I didn't think was possible! Don't know how it compares to the Ruyan, at present I just can't justify the difference in price. The 601 was working just as well after 2 months as it was the day I got it. I am confident these new beauties will endure. Heck, I'm still using the original atty on my RN4081 after 9 months, so maybe I'm not all that tough on my equipment, barring the occasional intervention of gravity :oops:.
Oh man, I just caught the date on the OP. Boy do I feel like an archaeologist. Well hope this helps anyone else looking into the DSE601. It is THE device that secured my continued enjoyment of vaping. Plus the pipe is a positive attention getter for the uninitiated. I've gotten more positve feedback while using this pipe than I ever got with the Super-Mini. Even the non-smokers like it.

Anyone else notice these changes or any others with the newer DSE601?

Agent309

Sep 30, 2009
I got my 601 last week (10-15-09) and have used it almost exclusively since. I dont know about the mesh over the previous version, but this one has some pretty thick mesh, and the atomizer is huge compared to my ecig.

Someone else said the carts tasted like maple, and I find that to be true also. If you get the cart almost completely empty, and put something strong, like cappacino or dr pepper, the flavor comes thru pretty good, but not as strong as an e-cig. I love the vapor though. Thick, billowy clouds of vapor.

It takes several hours for some strange aftertaste to burn off the atomizer, but after that, it's pretty nice. Good hits. I refill my carts with the mrlborro juice (36mg) and that packs a pretty good punch on the pipe.

I might have mentioned it elsewhere, but my shipping time from heavens gifts was less than 5 days. awesome guy Wayne is.

sandy

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2009
Lucerne
I'm curious... when one says that the Ruyan only lasts about 6 months... you mean it
costs another $300+ bucks to replace the whole unit every 6 months?

who said, the ruyan pipe only last 6 months?? :confused:
meanwhile I use mine for 1 year now, without any maintenance or special treatment. And how much I paid for it: $165 !!! (at HG)
The Ruyan ist the best pipe. You can use any cart in it, even drip if you want to.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Hi, I just bought a DSE601 from Heaven Gifts two weeks ago. As I already have a Ruyan Pipe for 6 months now, which is still vaping at its best, I recommend to buy the Ruyan. The DSE (modified vaporizer) has a very heavy draw and in my case, its always blinking although batterly is full. Supplier says: this blinking wouldn't harm the pipe but he cannot guarantee that the DSE601 would last very long (means over 1 month). Hope this helps you a bit.

who said, the ruyan pipe only last 6 months?? :confused:
meanwhile I use mine for 1 year now, without any maintenance or special treatment. And how much I paid for it: $165 !!! (at HG)
The Ruyan ist the best pipe. You can use any cart in it, even drip if you want to.
Bold: how is that possible you said you had pipe for 6 months then change to say you used yours for 1 year now
Red: any cart? please clearify since carts come in varying shapes

I would like to know the difference as well NOT opinion of which is better than the other BUT the physical differences attie,cart,function, leakage

sandy

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2009
Lucerne
Bold: how is that possible you said you had pipe for 6 months then change to say you used yours for 1 year now
Red: any cart? please clearify since carts come in varying shapes

I would like to know the difference as well NOT opinion of which is better than the other BUT the physical differences attie,cart,function, leakage

hmm, I wrote the first post on June 25, so then I had my ruyan already over 6 months (bought it at HG end nov. 08). Sorry I exaggerated a bit. Ok its only almost 1 year by now.
Of course I can tell the difference between 601 and ruyan because within this 1 year I tried 6 601's. They all kept 2 months max. I don't know how to explain the difference in correct english, I'll try:
One thing is for sure, 601's all leak after a while. The liquid finds its way down to the bowl where the batt is. The electronic switch gets sucked and either the pipe starts burning on and on (once you forget to take out the batts every time you leave the pipe alone) or the liquid causes a short circuit.
The ruyan has a closed system. You will never get any liquid leaking through the atty down to the bowl.
You can test it yourself: Take the 601 and blow through the pipe bowl (without batt in it): you'll hear the air coming through
Take the ruyan, try the same: you can't blow through

Therfore with the 601 you have to be very careful with either prefilled or self-filled carts if you want to avoid immediate leakage. Special treatments like "hanging" the 601 in a glas overnight to let liquid drip out or filling carts only 1/2 can help. But why should I make all the fuss only because its a cheaper pipe?
The ruyan doesn't care how full a cart is. Within this year (I don't use original ruyan carts) the amount of vape hasn't decreased at all. I never had to fear short circuit or had to clean the bowl.

I hope you don't mind my overacting with the ruyan but compared to 6 x $40-60 for 601 I had to throw away and spending $165 for 1 long lasting pipe.....makes a difference for me

Perhaps this helped

sandy

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
sandy
hmm sorry I overlooked the post date difference..
I heard many even a good ECF friend say that the 601 cracked and leaks
is the ruyan's atty different in the bowl i.e. bigger higher,wider bridge? you did say its sealed? so is it great for dripping? and what do you mean it takes any cart

sandy

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2009
Lucerne
sandy
hmm sorry I overlooked the post date difference..
I heard many even a good ECF friend say that the 601 cracked and leaks
is the ruyan's atty different in the bowl i.e. bigger higher,wider bridge? you did say its sealed? so is it great for dripping? and what do you mean it takes any cart

Well, I don't see any difference between atty types. Only lately (2 months ago) they sold all 601s (like the 801s) with the high bridge, that sucked.

If you like to drip, with ruyan pipes you can. I prefer to prefill the carts, so I don't have to top off every time. The only difference between orig. ruyan carts and any other pipe-carts is the amount of vapour you get with orig. ruyan prefilled carts, thats about none! With "it takes any cart", I meant you can buy any pipe-cart from any supplier. Usually the pipe-carts seem to have all the same manufacturer and the same polyfiller material inside.
With the 601 you really have to be carefull not to fill up to much liquid. Don't try to drip with 601!
I myself recently changed from prefilled pipe-carts to empty ones to fill them with my favourite liquid.

Concerning taste/flash/vapour: With 601 you get nice vapour in the beginning (before it starts to leak) but not with every draw, taste is very smooth and flash depends on nic strength.
With ruyan you have constant nice vapour and flash with every draw. Even with a short draw (normally you can drag out 4-5 secs).

Did this help you?
Just feel free to ask more, I'll be pleased to answer any questions.

sandy

Last edited:

BenJammin

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2009
Richmond Virginia, USA
Wow, bummer Sandy. Maybe I just got lucky with my 601? I noticed the tendency to leak into the bowl with the first one I had, so I soon developed the habit of "hanging up the pipe to drip dry" overnight. I've had no leakage problems with the bowls I bought to replace the one I dropped and cracked. I have been alternating them to even out the wear, so even though I'm approaching The Dreaded One Month Mark, they'll probably last thru December. I see no reason why they won't go longer still. I think the extra attention I have to give the 601 is a fair exchange for the drastically reduced price. It's really almost no effort at all considering all the crap I had to go through to keep my super-mini going much less producing a consistently decent vape.
However, given your experiences I'm going to start setting a few bucks aside towards the purchase of a genuine Ruyan. If the 601 is heaven, then the Ruyan should be Heaven with Bacon & Beer!:D
Dripping can be done on a 601! In fact its the main method I use. After experimenting I found a 7 drop threshold. Depending on how heavy you vape you can use anywhere between 2 and 6 drops. When the 7th drop hits the atty, the pipe will gurgle, every time. Found this out playing with cart mods. PTB wicks so nice, but it'll flood the atty in a 601 if you let it sit idle for too long. Had this problem to a lesser degree with the stock carts I was topping up. Switched to dripping 2 or 3 drops per session, no more flooding or leaks. I fully agree with you though, 601's drown easily. Don't drip more than you can vape in one sitting. Too much liquid and it's game over (at least until the atty dries out). I guess there is more hassle to it than I realized. It's still less hassle than an analog pipe. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread