RY4D (TFA) at 8% -1 week steep: NO flavor!!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdeedler

Aug 10, 2014
Oakland, MI
hmmm... I just bought some RY4D TFA flavor and it basically has a very feint tint of light gold to it. Can barely see the coloring. Opening the bottle it has an alcohol thinner type smell (100% PG ) and a light caramel like smell. I just made up a couple of batches one about 10% the other 15% at 5mg nic and will be letting those age for a week or so before checking them out. They say some flavors take longer to actually taste more of esp the tobacco ones. I know my peach and blueberry the taste was right there the same day.

Last edited:

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
hmmm... I just bought some RY4D TFA flavor and it basically has a very feint tint of light gold to it. Can barely see the coloring. Opening the bottle it has an alcohol thinner type smell (100% PG ) and a light caramel like smell. I just made up a couple of batches one about 10% the other 15% at 5mg nic and will be letting those age for a week or so before checking them out. They say some flavors take longer to actually taste more of esp the tobacco ones. I know my peach and blueberry the taste was right there the same day.
If you heat steep it you can get a pretty good taste of it after 48 hours.

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
@Ex
Hangsens is identical to a 3 week steep of TFA dbl RY4
When the TFA dbl changes color (oxidizes ) its ready, you definitely know it's hue change when making it for a while.

Hangsens is good to go much sooner --1 week steep and awesome but you may have the same experience with hangsens they are identical.
Your taste buds may be different than many as you know.
Bitten by a bee or other bugs sometimes changes our taste buds! I have done a bit of research on it after a member here was stung by a scorpion and every juice she tasted had a metallic or soapy taste. Its quite real and really suxxs if that happens to me ever, I cannot eat beef after 37 years of eating it and it may stem from a tick bite, weird things mon'...

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States

Oh man every thing about what your saying of the RY4 sounds delicious thats it, thats a strong barrel lol...

You may find the 15% uber strong and chemically if so just adjust until 8-10%..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread