The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Sad day indeed!!!

Discussion in 'The GG' started by MrKrinkle, Dec 29, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MrKrinkle

MrKrinkle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    My ODY is still lost by USPS and my local post office has done absolutely nothing to correct the matter except argue with me and give me attitude... I have since involved the postal inspector to the matter but wont have any more info until the 4th 5pm EST as I guess they need 2 business days from when the claim was filed and Monday was a holiday for them.... Im so bummed this was all I wanted for Christmas and now Im being punished for something but I thought I was a good boy this year...

2. bpaulette

bpaulette Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2010
    midwest
    so sorry to hear, Krinkle, that completely blows.

3. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Best guys have to suffer Mr. But they get the best at the end. After a big disapointment, a big happiness comes. Your Ody will be found, no worries at all:)

4. Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2011
    Lakeland Florida
    I'm bummed for you Mr. Krinkle, I hope they find it very soon :(

5. MrKrinkle

Feb 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Well so far no luck... It has been a week to the day my ODY was delivered but not to me... I followed up with the Postal Inspector today as instructed only to be told the system is down and to call back tomorrow... I am so frustrated at this point I fear its a lost cause...

6. Torqueguy

Torqueguy Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran

May 14, 2011
    Central Virginia
    Mr K I feel for you bud. If I had a spare it would be yours. You can rest assured that it is the best thing since sliced bread so the wait will be worth it for sure pal. Hang in there

7. MrKrinkle

Feb 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Alright another day has passed and still no ODY for me..... I have just gotten off the phone with the Postal Inspectors office and my case has moved to the next level now involving Consumer Affairs in the matter.... I have at this point really lost all hope of ever getting my ODY as its now been 8 days since my ODY was delivered to the wrong address...

8. Serpent67

Serpent67 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    Jeez, I cannot believe USPS screw up so bad.

Can't these people not read and distinguish correct addresses?:confused:

9. Shaitaan

Shaitaan Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Syracuse, NY
    I wish you luck Mr K.... I definitely know the feeling...I had a package delivered at the wrong address a couple of times...sent to wrong apartment complex down the street from me, and I never got them back...also had ordered some CNC machined parts from overseas, for one of my RC helicopters almost 2 years ago, and they got lost along the way too :( no compensation at all for any of em

10. Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2011
    Lakeland Florida
    Have faith brother!!!!

You have done what many have tried and failed... You've gotten the system at least moving. They might surprise you! I wouldn't hold my breath, but crossing your fingers never hurts... until they have been crossed for 8 days.

Hopefully it didn't go to some little old lady who thinks it's a muffler for her flatulent poodle.

11. critterbug

critterbug Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 21, 2009
    Herein, VA
    Oh, Krinkle. This is a Horror Story! It's what I wanted for Christmas, too, and I thought I was a Paragon of Patience while waiting on the regular release schedule. I'm so sorry. I hope you get it soon.

I have no useful advice. But I will tell you that a couple of years ago the UPS carrier left a couple of presents I'd ordered for others halfway down the [long] driveway on a stack of wood that was 20 ft. off the gravel and the tracking said "Delivered to Back Door". No one spotted it for about a week. At that point, the replacements had been shipped. Of course, that's not even comparable. There aren't any replacements right now. This just sucks.

12. Shaitaan

Shaitaan Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Syracuse, NY
    I still hope it gets resolved and you get your Ody....

13. Torqueguy

Torqueguy Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran

May 14, 2011
    Central Virginia
    A muffler for her flatulant Poodle? Nice one. Good thing its got fine and not coarse threads Rick!

Krink, hang in there man. At least you have your iatty don't you?

14. MrKrinkle

Feb 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Latest update on the lost ODY... I have gone from Postal Inspector to Consumer Affairs to Consumer Advocates and was basically told to f-off so sorry not our problem it wasn't insured.... So as of now my only hope is the person who got the ODY will actually return it or deliver it to me... its been over 2 weeks now from the date it was supposedly delivered to me and I have received nothing but attitude and excuses from all the USPS channels... no wonder GOING POSTAL is a well known term... Its very saddening that even the USPS wont step up when they make a mistake to make things right... I used to like my mailman even gave them Christmas tips and treats but as of now they have burned that bridge...

15. Serpent67

Serpent67 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    Very sorry to hear Krinkle. :(

Wish I could help.

Maybe someone will do the right thing and it will appear?

16. Digitaltitan

Digitaltitan Senior Member ECF Veteran

next year ..... (Make stool, Damn censors) in an envelope and hand it to him. I missed the release cause im poor and i still feel like crap, cant imagine what your feeling. id keep raising hell. Honestly, its not replaceable at this point. maybe crucify someone on a giant plywood GGTS, that might get thier attention.

17. Bigmike228

Bigmike228 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2011
    Sachse , TX
  18. Zoranth

Zoranth Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2010
    Baldwin, MI. USA
    This may seem like the wrong thing to do but you may want to write a letter to your state representative about the BS and run around you are getting while trying to follow the chain of command of the Postal Service. It is amazing what can happen when the crap start rolling back down hill.

19. dspin

dspin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2010
    USA
    That's right it's an election yr too

20. FunkyVapes

FunkyVapes Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2011
    Niagara Falls, Canada
    Now this I like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.