Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Salt nic behaves like regular nic but there is less throat hit so it is easier to vape higher levels of nic. The FDA (and me for that matter) dislikes high nic salts gas station garbage devices like juul because they are being abused by a lot of children and they have this theory that the problem is fruit flavors. As a result a lot of places are refusing to stock the nic salt fruit flavors.

Reactions: OhmzRaw

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
@bombastinator Is spot on. To add to what he said, Salt nicotine is formulated a bit differently than traditional nicotine (Freebase Nicotine/Normal Nicotine) in which organic compounds are added to make this nicotine get absorbed into the bloodstream a lot faster than normal nicotine would.

Nicotine salts also have a lower pH level which means it has less of a throat hit compared to normal nicotine and this therefore means you can go higher in strengths without getting a strong throat hit. It does have its benefit since you can now do lets say 35mg and get your nic fix faster without the harshness.

As @bombastinator has pointed out, Juul started introducing Nicotine Salts in their pod devices and ever since then it has gained popularity and has been abused by teenagers. South Park even did an episode on vaping and teenagers. I think it was Season 22 Episode 04.

With all this said, I would say stick to normal nicotine unless you really crave cigarettes and need a higher nicotine fix. In this case, I recommend getting a decent pod device and some salt nicotine e-liquid.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
sorry if a stupid question but what exactly is salt nics?
Can you get different flavours or are they just tobacco flavoured and what do they actually do for you ?

In a more "pure" chemistry definition; a "salt" is a neutralized ionic compound. In other words; mixing an acid, with a base (in this case; freebase nicotine), to create a neutrally charged compound.

What do nicotine salts mean to us as vapors? Better stability (slower to break down/oxidize), and less throat hit/irritation... especially at higher nicotine levels.

Nic salts have nothing (that I am aware of) to do with flavor. Flavor (in e-liquids) comes from added flavor concentrates. So, any flavoring included with freebase nicotine, can be included with nic salts.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Madhatter makes some yummy nic salts.
25 or 50 you pick it.

I like a combo of grape, sour apple and strawberry and have tried mixing pre-made stuff to achieve that perfect sweet, a little bite and a nice berry after taste.
Last night I tried Maddhatters grappleberry and it was perrrrrrfect for what I've been striving for. If only it came in 0.3.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread