Same Coil Same Tank Different Taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffery Robinson

Jul 6, 2019
I have 2 Smok TFV12 tanks ... 1 tank is on the Funky 160 Mod and the other tank is on a Wismec Mod ... I have the Max Mesh Coils in both tanks ... The Wismec takes 3 batteries and the Funky 160 takes 2 batteries.

Same coil, same tank but different taste.

I have the same juice in both ... Fuggin Vapor Blue Gurt.

On the Wismec Mod the taste is unbelievable ... Really sweet ... I really love the juice.

On the Funky 160 Mod there’s no taste at all ... Literally no taste ... Not even a hint of taste.

Put both new coils in same time.

Explain what is going on here please ... I have no clue myself.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Is it a riddle? The obvious answer is that you're running the two mods on different settings.
If the settings are identical, you must be one of the gifted few who can actually taste electrons. I hear Sony brand electrons beat the pants off the competition in blind taste tests.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I have 2 Smok TFV12 tanks ... 1 tank is on the Funky 160 Mod and the other tank is on a Wismec Mod ... I have the Max Mesh Coils in both tanks ... The Wismec takes 3 batteries and the Funky 160 takes 2 batteries.

Same coil, same tank but different taste.

I have the same juice in both ... Fuggin Vapor Blue Gurt.

On the Wismec Mod the taste is unbelievable ... Really sweet ... I really love the juice.

On the Funky 160 Mod there’s no taste at all ... Literally no taste ... Not even a hint of taste.

Put both new coils in same time.

Explain what is going on here please ... I have no clue myself.

Yeah what @GOMuniEsq said - what settings are you using in both mods - the same?

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
    Have you tried switching the tanks between the the two mods? Is it still tasteless when you switch? Like the others have said: are the mods set the same? You could have a bad coil. Try another new coil.
    Yep. Need more data. OP. Do you like Coca-Cola or Pepsi?

greek mule

Unresolved Status
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 2, 2018
    Athens,Greece
    @tdman77's advice is spot on.
    Also check if both mods have preheat activated.Funky 160 has soft/standard/powerfull/ modes.Check and set at Standard.At Wismec to check preheat setting,shut off the device then press and hold fire button and wattage + button simultaneously.Set no preaheat.This will make the two devices to apply power the same way.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Soaking the coil to fully wet the wicking (or not) can make a remarkable difference in vapor and taste. I have used any vendor coils in years, but I finally started soaking mine back then by partially filling the rubber cap with juice and re-inserting the coil for an hour or more to ensure saturation. Once I did that all was well.

Dry spots in the wicking can ruin vapor and flavor. Low vapor is a clue.

Last edited:

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    Oh way too far down the rabbit hole for me but I am impressed you are actually getting sensible answers that make sense, ECF is great.

Anna
    My vote is on the settings, as pointed out... That 160 and soft/normal/hard.... Preheat... Too many unknowns, not enough time reading manuals for voltage amplifiers in close proximity to bodily parts I'm particularly fond of keeping.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 28, 2014
    How do you get the first seeds? Which came first, the Cucumber or the Seed? :tumble:

Not sure but I found a helpful explanation from my wife this morning. "Dummy, you need to put the seed in soil not only water." I had explained that I was wanting to get the seeds to sprout before "setting" them out into a pot of soil. She clarified the subject for me by asking me what the seeds would eat in only water. :facepalm::censored: me, I've lived as a country boy and done enough gardening to have known that. But gee, guess it kind of slipped the rails in the memory.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    Not sure but I found a helpful explanation from my wife this morning. "Dummy, you need to put the seed in soil not only water." I had explained that I was wanting to get the seeds to sprout before "setting" them out into a pot of soil. She clarified the subject for me by asking me what the seeds would eat in only water. :facepalm::censored: me, I've lived as a country boy and done enough gardening to have known that. But gee, guess it kind of slipped the rails in the memory.
    Um... The seed is self sufficient. It has enough food in itself to push out cotyledons and roots.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread