Saved money!?!? yeah right!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpracing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Philippines
That will taper off once you get a setup that you really enjoy vaping all day.
Then it starts again when you find a setup for each situation in your life
( in the car, at your desk, in your room, in the loo, etc.)
Then it tapers off again when you find setups for those situations.
Then it starts again when you want to change your original all day setup.
Then it tapers off again.
Then it starts again when you want to change your setup for the different situations.
Then it...........you get the idea. :laugh:

TonyTT

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
Ottawa
I like the signatures such as my own where it tells you how long its been since my last analog. But what gets me is were it tells me how much I've saved. If it could only keep track of my online spending I think it would be stating how much I've lost.:blink:

I've spent way more than what I saved.:laugh:

I updated my sig to reflect the stuff I could remember buying off the top of my head (I know there's more)...I went from saving 400$...to...I'll break even in march...:p

TonyTT

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
Ottawa
That will taper off once you get a setup that you really enjoy vaping all day.
Then it starts again when you find a setup for each situation in your life
( in the car, at your desk, in your room, in the loo, etc.)
Then it tapers off again when you find setups for those situations.
Then it starts again when you want to change your original all day setup.
Then it starts again when you want to change your setup for the different situations.
Then it...........you get the idea. :laugh:

I think you just chose taper cause it rhymes with vaper....I think you just got it bad mape...I mean vate...uhh...mate...

VapRVixN

Feb 7, 2012
USA
That's why with my latest set up I went ahead and got DIY juice. I got some premixed small bottles, but I invested the $60 in a gallon each of PG and VG, I have enough nic to make 30 bottles of juice, should last a month, the flavors I only use a few drops of at a time in each bottle, because I got the flavor art brand they are really strong, but really frickin good. For $250 I got enough stuff to last my man and I 6 months of heavy vaping. That's half of what we've been spending a month for analogs. I spent 3 days online really researching before I made my purchases, but now I won't have to re-research those things again. The only thing I'll have to buy is nic juice and eventually expand my stock of flavors and resupply the ones I love. One restocking at a time will cost way less than a carton of analogs. It's all money saved and time well spent.

Michael James

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2012
Montgomery, AL
Yeah I know what you mean. I swear if the cigs didn't taste so bad now I'd go back. I did the switch to save money but even not counting the hardware I about break even. With hardware I'm deep in the hole. I can't diy cause the only flavor of anything me and my wife has liked so far costs roughly .75 per/ml. I don't think we can clone the tobacco flavor. I've tried about 20 different tobacco flavors from different vendors and it's the only one we've liked. And don't like any of the fruit or candy flavors. So I guess I'm kinda SOL. I don't feel like spending hundreds just trying to figure out a flavor to DIY I'd like. lol

That 146 it says in the sig is a bunch of BS lol

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
A person can save money depending on how much stuff you buy. If a person was to spend some time researching and getting a mod they really like. Stop and not buy another mod due to collection purposes.

Or wanting to try out every new thing on the block. Getting more juice then they need including cartos, atties, etc. Then yes, you can save money on that. Also, the startup costs are a bit much but, it's very comparable to the money spent on cigs. Depending if their a PAD + smoker or not.

mkchunn

Dec 10, 2011
Knoxville, TN
LOL, I really cant say that I have saved anything... I started this journey by buying an overpriced KR808 kit from the local mall, then as I learned a little bought an overpriced EGO starter kit from an ecig vendor at a local flea market. Then finally after reading through this forum and learning even more popped straight to a provari all in a 3 month period :p. Oh well at least it keeps me happy and off analogs :laugh:. Hopefully now I can taper off for a while and actually save some money :2cool:.

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
In the first six months I spent about $850 and that includes a Provari. Now I DIY and spend about $50 for flavors and another $12 for 5 Ce2's about every 6 momths. Maybe 10 CE2's depending on how many I lose. I stopped using nicotine so no money on that. I have a gallon of pg and buy vg at Walmart when needed. I vape about 90 ml per month.

So I figure it costs me about $10 a month to vape. $20 if I amortize the provari and a couple other bats. I wasn't even trying to save money, it just worked out that way.

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
By the end of this weekend, I'll "break even" in terms of analogs vs vaping (initial cost + expenses). BUT... I have enough juice to vape for ~6 mo. Now, if my clearomizers don't clean up well, I'll be buying more about the same time I have to buy more juice.

If I start buying mods & trying a variety of new cartos and tanks, well then that calculation goes out the window.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Tell me about it. I use to spend 16 for a carton of analogs. 3 of them a month and I was set. Now in the last 3 months I spent around $500. Good lord. If they ever prove that ecigs are as bad or worse ill be putting out some contracts and striking some fools down. On the other hand people are rite that if u diy its pretty cheap. I was just scratching my head over the 1 year extended warranty on the provari. If that thing breaks in less then 5 years Ill quit for sure. Chantix could have been paid for a couple times by now. Ive drawn the line.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
In the first six months I spent about $850 and that includes a Provari. Now I DIY and spend about $50 for flavors and another $12 for 5 Ce2's about every 6 momths. Maybe 10 CE2's depending on how many I lose. I stopped using nicotine so no money on that. I have a gallon of pg and buy vg at Walmart when needed. I vape about 90 ml per month.

So I figure it costs me about $10 a month to vape. $20 if I amortize the provari and a couple other bats. I wasn't even trying to save money, it just worked out that way.

Where is everyone getting gallons of pg at? Biggest I ever seen is 250ml

kidbeaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
New Auburn, WI
I'm sure once the dust settles I'll be in the black.:2cool:

I'm really happy with my vaping devices. Although Modding is right around the corner. I'm sampling juices right now from different vendors. I already am planning on mixing my own juice, but I want to use up my other juices first. I guess I'm always looking for my next step way before I finish my last.

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
Where is everyone getting gallons of pg at? Biggest I ever seen is 250ml

Essential Depot has a good deal... I haven't tried it, so can't say how good it is, but have seen other DIYers recommend it plenty. I think you have to get 2 gallons of PG to get free shipping (or you can get 1 gal. PG and 1 gal. VG).
essential depot

It took me a while to settle in, but I'm definitely saving money now. At first I was constantly wanting to try new juices and new gadgets (especially different cartos, tanks, etc.). Eventually that settled down, but I went into DIY from there, and there were always a few more flavors that I needed for my next big recipe. I still have a list of flavors to try, but it doesn't seem so urgent - I'm able to make some good recipes with the flavors that I have. It's been quite a while since I've ordered anything.

Last edited:

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I wonder how many days of work I haven't missed because of that cold I didn't get or that wasn't nearly as bad as it would have been if I was smoking? I wonder how many doctor visits I will miss the rest of my life because I'm not smoking? I wonder what my co-pay is on chest x-rays?...

My point is probably obvious: I think there's more financial savings involved that meets the eye.

ardelleg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Alaska
I have been smoke free for a little over a year and think I will break even in a couple of months... gave up keeping real close track of the spending!

But I have lots of cartos, prefilled and empty, and untold bottles of juice in all shapes, sizes and flavors. Some I liked and some I didn't.

I probably have over 20 batteries: 1 copper mod, 6 Rivas, 2 Elegants, and the rest are cig sized 808's.

Oh and I also have some DIY supplies, but never really got into that.

I seem to have finally settled on the Rivas with Chibi tanks with Halo Menthol Ice. So hopefully the shopping is over for awhile. It has certainly slowed way down.

I am sure I could have done it more economically but it doesn't seem to be in my nature and I didn't start vaping to save money (obviously).

I am so glad I am no longer a smoker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread