SB verses GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

bewzer

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2009
Everett, Wa.
i ordered a black sb last week even though i knew it would be delayed due to holidays, but it should be here in less tha 12 hours so im excited...ive tried the sb my dad has and it seems pretty good and might be what i need to kick the analog habit

ill let yall know what i think in the next day or two

also, what 3.7v batts come with it? im hoping its the 2400 mah battery until i get a charger and batts for 6v, but if not, i have a battery store down the road from my house and im hoping that since they are just a battery store, they will have batts im looking for

5th Element

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
Ohio
www.myspace.com
i don't have a gg but im loving my black silver bullet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! put two surefire 123a 3 volt batteries in it till my rechargeable ones get here and i been vaping for about 8 hrs on them!!!!!!!!! =) i looked at all the different big battery mods for hrs online and im glad i made this purchase! and i wont even bother looking at any others any more!! im totally satisfied!! not till altsmoke comes out with their new products ;)

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
If you added on the batteries then yes, 2400mAh 18650 come with it :) Ugh, someone in the first batch had a dud charger...I called around at different battery stores in his area for a charger that could charge 18500 (the original battery the SB worked with)...ya I couldnt find a single one.

-Rob

When are you going to have the SB back in stock?

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
I have both GGT and SB(as well as a few others). If you like owning a somewhat rare, handmade, "European elegant", extremely expensive Mod; buy the GGT. Although it is a bit more versatile(extra battery configurations) & works reasonably well, I've found there are slight flaws and occasional misfirings that come along with the "hand-made" elegance. In the final summation, your paying a very high price for the "aura" of owning the famous GG name(and for many, that IS important).

If you like owning a solid, well-made, simple, beautiful, powerhouse, that has never failed me once and is also much more reasonably priced; buy the SB.

18650 battery can dish out more amps than say two CR123a batteries. There is a bigger hit in lose of voltage with the smaller 3v batteries. It's around 5v on load even tho fully charged batteries without load is about 7.2v.

From the tests I have seen done on other mods Super T SS and Prodigy V2 using 2 fully charged 3volt batteries the unloaded voltage for both came in at 6.5v-6.6v. When both PV's were fired up the loaded voltage for the Super T SS showed 5.6-5.7 The Prodigy V2 came in at 5.1 cause of the added resistor it uses to drop the voltage to get closer to the 5 volt range which neither the Super T or SB uses. Also these voltage tests were done using 801 attys - 510's will come up at a different voltage which I'm not sure would be higher or lower than the 801.

Derek

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
From the tests I have seen done on other mods Super T SS and Prodigy V2 using 2 fully charged 3volt batteries the unloaded voltage for both came in at 6.5v-6.6v. When both PV's were fired up the loaded voltage for the Super T SS showed 5.6-5.7 The Prodigy V2 came in at 5.1 cause of the added resistor it uses to drop the voltage to get closer to the 5 volt range which neither the Super T or SB uses. Also these voltage tests were done using 801 attys - 510's will come up at a different voltage which I'm not sure would be higher or lower than the 801.

Derek
when unsing 2 x 3v cells in SB that show unloaded of 6.5v-6.6v unloaded will drop to 5v with a 801. With a 510 it is different due to the current being asked by the lower resistance atty. The loaded voltage with a 510 will drop to 4.3v-4.5v, 4.8v with a 901/cartomizer. This is typical of all devices. The reason for this is because you are asking more of the battery that it can supply. A 18650 3.7v battery with unloaded 4.2v will only drop the standard .5v with a 510 atty, this is because most 18650 batteries can supply 3Amps.....
Chad

Last edited:
when unsing 2 x 3v cells in SB that show unloaded of 6.5v-6.6v unloaded will drop to 5v with a 801. With a 510 it is different due to the current being asked by the lower resistance atty. The loaded voltage with a 510 will drop to 4.3v-4.5v, 4.8v with a 901/cartomizer. This is typical of all devices. The reason for this is because you are asking more of the battery that it can supply. A 18650 3.7v battery with unloaded 4.2v will only drop the standard .5v with a 510 atty, this is because most 18650 batteries can supply 3Amps.....
Chad

I understand and thanks for clearing up info about the different attys but why does the SB get such a lower voltage reading than the Super T SS using the same 3 volt batteries? Does the SB use a resistor like the Prodigy? BTW I want referring to the 18650s at all.

Derek

Last edited:

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
Are you talking fully charged 3.0V cr123a's(because at full charge mine read 3.4V so that would be a total voltage, in series, of 6.8V) OR a cr123a operating at nominal 3.0V(so exactly 6.0V in series)?

I don't know about the V2 but Cash did a test on the Prodigy V1 under load and it came in at avout 4.2-4.3V(if I remember correctly) with 3.0V batteries(at 3.0V charge).

The only truly fair test would be to determine a standard test voltage for the batteries to run during an individual test, and reproduce that exact same voltage level on all the test runs for the other mods.

Also, I believe the Super T1 runs on CR2's(not cr123a's) standard.

Are you talking fully charged 3.0V cr123a's(because at full charge mine read 3.4V so that would be a total voltage, in series, of 6.8V) OR a cr123a operating at nominal 3.0V(so exactly 6.0V in series)?

I don't know about the V2 but Cash did a test on the Prodigy V1 under load and it came in at avout 4.2-4.3V(if I remember correctly) with 3.0V batteries(at 3.0V charge).

The only truly fair test would be to determine a standard test voltage for the batteries to run during an individual test, and reproduce that exact same voltage level on all the test runs for the other mods.

Also, I believe the Super T1 runs on CR2's(not cr123a's) standard.

Yes in both videos the batteries were at full charge.Cash does not mention it in the vid but does in a thread he updated and David said they were fully charged in his vid. The T1(My mistake before referring to the SS) video shows David measuring unloaded voltage of the Ultrafire CR2 3 volt batteries in series with the batteries out of the T1 tube and then in the T1 tube with the exact same reading of 6.5-6.6V which is what Cashs V2 video shows as well unloaded in the Prodigy V2 tube using the Tenergy Cr123 LifePo4's. Regardless I'm sure batteries test out with menial plus or minus variances of .1 or .2 on any given day.

Prodigy Results as posted.
Prodigy V2 (NO RESISTOR - 5v Mod):
(2) Tenergy LifePo4 3.0v - 750mAh - Batteries
(1) DSE801 Platinum Atomizer - Tested between 2.8 - 3.1ohms - This was not a *high voltage* atomizer

Unloaded Voltage (Without Atomizer Attached):
- 6.54v

Loaded Voltage (With Atomizer Attached & Special Switch):
- 5.12-5.17v

The loaded reading from the Super T (which is resistorless/No special switch like the V2) T1 outfitted with an 801 atty came in at 5.5-5.6v

My question is why would the SB's volt be so different than the SB under load? Does it have a resistor in the Switch or something else that is able to drop the loaded voltage from the batteries?

I'm just curious thats all and I look forward to AB'ing the SB and V2 when it somes in tomorrow and then compare with my Super Six when it arrives.

Derek:cool:

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
Yes in both videos the batteries were at full charge.Cash does not mention it in the vid but does in a thread he updated and David said they were fully charged in his vid. The T1(My mistake before referring to the SS) video shows David measuring unloaded voltage of the Ultrafire CR2 3 volt batteries in series with the batteries out of the T1 tube and then in the T1 tube with the exact same reading of 6.5-6.6V which is what Cashs V2 video shows as well unloaded in the Prodigy V2 tube using the Tenergy Cr123 LifePo4's. Regardless I'm sure batteries test out with menial plus or minus variances of .1 or .2 on any given day.
The CR2 battery has no current regulation circuit, it will supply what you ask of it.

Prodigy Results as posted.
Prodigy V2 (NO RESISTOR - 5v Mod):
(2) Tenergy LifePo4 3.0v - 750mAh - Batteries
(1) DSE801 Platinum Atomizer - Tested between 2.8 - 3.1ohms - This was not a *high voltage* atomizer

Unloaded Voltage (Without Atomizer Attached):
- 6.54v

Loaded Voltage (With Atomizer Attached & Special Switch):
- 5.12-5.17v
The V2 is tuned for a 801 atty.... try a V2 with a 510 atty. The test I was mentioning was done with Li-ion, common knowledge LiFePo batteries discharge at higher current.(Amps)
The loaded reading from the Super T (which is resistorless/No special switch like the V2) T1 outfitted with an 801 atty came in at 5.5-5.6v
Again the CR2 has no current discharge circuit.

My question is why would the SB's volt be so different than the SB under load? Does it have a resistor in the Switch or something else that is able to drop the loaded voltage from the batteries?

I'm just curious thats all and I look forward to AB'ing the SB and V2 when it somes in tomorrow and then compare with my Super Six when it arrives.

Derek:cool:

The SB uses a sealed switch, this switch may offer very small resistance.

To do an acurate test you would want to use a 5 amp power supply(twice what is needed) use identical atomizers, meaning equal resistance. Then report back with results :)

On another note, this mythical 5v sweet spot not what you are after. I have said this many many times, WATTS, is the important number you want. 10watts is the "sweet spot". I see no need to worry about a "mod's" starting voltage, use a custom resistance atomizer that Cisco engineered, and use what ever battery combo you like.

Chad

IdolLurker

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida USA
I understand and thanks for clearing up info about the different attys but why does the SB get such a lower voltage reading than the Super T SS using the same 3 volt batteries? Does the SB use a resistor like the Prodigy? BTW I want referring to the 18650s at all.

Derek

So you guys are so far above my head with all this that I need the cliff notes. If you were starting all over and buying the lastest and greatest would you buy a HV atomizer, PV with or without resistor and also what batteries?

Sorry I'm a NOOB looking to upgrade and although I enjoyed your technopoloosa I couldn't really grasp all of your points - I am smart enough to recognize it is important tho :confused:!!

The SB uses a sealed switch, this switch may offer very small resistance.

To do an acurate test you would want to use a 5 amp power supply(twice what is needed) use identical atomizers, meaning equal resistance. Then report back with results :)

On another note, this mythical 5v sweet spot not what you are after. I have said this many many times, WATTS, is the important number you want. 10watts is the "sweet spot". I see no need to worry about a "mod's" starting voltage, use a custom resistance atomizer that Cisco engineered, and use what ever battery combo you like.

Chad

Hey Chad,

I'm just a layman with no electrical knowledge at all except what I have learned about PV's that interest me over the past few months from the different manufacturers ,forum members and my own research.

I'm just confused cause If the SB tests at 5V loaded like you said why is it not marketed as such?

All I'm saying is the T1 and V2 voltage performance makes total sense since the V2 utilizes something that lowers the loaded volts to be close to 5 and the T1 doesnt keeping it closer to 6v - So unless the SB utilizes somehting similar to the V2 it should have relatively the same loaded voltage as the T1 not the Prodigy V2. Can you see why Im confused by you and Damultas info about the SB?

I bought the PV's I own for different voltage vaping and thought I was covered for the 3 main voltages most people vape with but if what you say is right I still need to find a 6 volt mod

SB -used for 6 volt vape
Prodigy V2 -5 v and a VP-PT for 5V
Protege and Vp2 for 3.7 volt vape

Regarding the atty you mentioned I just got a couple HV 901s in today and like them alot with the SB running 2 3volt batteries.

Derek :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread