SB verses GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin2277

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Well I disagree with what you are saying. The SB and BB are both made from Aluminum. You feel the difference in the temperature of the device. Also this is by no means a sealed device. Not a pipe bomb.

I do find it disturbing that ever time I see a post on this thread there is someone bashing the SB or BB. Also it is done by some one that doesn't own one. As far as I know. According to you signature at least. But hey I guess that is the reason you are posting in this section....

ohiomelody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
Newark, Ohio
You wouldn't want this to happen on an enclosed metal cylindrical p.v with no vents, because they strike as a potential pipe bombs with unprotected CR2 batteries in series.

Furthermore, if the metal is thick, as it is on some of these mods, would you even notice the batteries were heating up before it was too late?

I'd personally take the rocket (with vents) over the pipe bomb, but hey, it's a lifestyle choice :) .

At least S.B are being responsible not encouraging and not selling CR2 batteries with their device. However, people evidently do take risks.

The SB and BB both have vents. You just can't see them. That's what makes them so great! :)

Vaughanie

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2009
The sb vents thru the button:D
RIMP:evil:

There was another cylindrical metal mod that exploded at 6v with two unprotected CR2s in series that only had "vents thru the button". Under the pressure, what do you think is potentially going to fly off in the invent of an explosion?

After this the modder placed separate vents on the device for safety.

Wolf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2009
Kingston, WA, U.S.A.
FYI there was a poster on Totally Wicked forum that was using the wrong batteries in a BB. He stated that the design and construction of the BB is the reason he wasn't injured more than he was and that he will be replacing the one damaged by exploding CR2's as soon as he can. The major difference between this reports and yours above: The guy with the GGGrant had set his on the table and then the floor. The guy with the BB had it between his lips. If the GG had been between his lips, he would have had similar injuries even with the vent holes in the bottom. The point is the pressure escaped for the most part like it was supposed to. IMHO

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I'd go with the SB if I had to pick one of those 2...the reasons for me are purely personal though, to be completely honest..I don't like the attitude of the GG creator and fanboys that he's the great innovator of mods and that all the others are stealing his ideas and using them in their mods, and whining about it..that exclusively has put the GG on the "do not get" list for me...and secondly I just find the logo on the GG ugly IMO, I like a sleek clean look to my PVs and the laser etched logo detracts from that as far as I'm concerned.

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
I'd go with the SB if I had to pick one of those 2...the reasons for me are purely personal though, to be completely honest..I don't like the attitude of the GG creator and fanboys that he's the great innovator of mods and that all the others are stealing his ideas and using them in their mods, and whining about it..that exclusively has put the GG on the "do not get" list for me...and secondly I just find the logo on the GG ugly IMO, I like a sleek clean look to my PVs and the laser etched logo detracts from that as far as I'm concerned.

I agree about the creator. I had problems with my AFS and he told me to sell it and buy his new one coming out. I only had it two days. Now if thats not standing behind your product I don't know what is. SBs on the way.

mwahle1

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL. USA
I agree about the creator. I had problems with my AFS and he told me to sell it and buy his new one coming out. I only had it two days. Now if thats not standing behind your product I don't know what is. SBs on the way.

Glad I picked the SB, it is a great PV and I could not be happier with my purchase. In addition, the people at AltSmoke were very nice.

By the way, to one of the previous posters; I read that the SB is vented through the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread