ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
reply to: ddvdfng@aol.com
--------------------------------------

PROPOSAL

Dear Prospective Partner,

I am writing to you on behalf of Mr. Chen Shui-bian. My name is Mr. David Fong and I am a top management executive here at the Development Bank of Singapore. Our bank website is www . dbs . com

My friend Mr. Chen Shui-bian has presented a subtle offer which will need the help of a partner like you to complete successfully. Mr. Chen Shui-bian is in a difficult situation and he must immediately relocate certain sums of money out of the Development Bank of Singapore. More so, this must be done in such a way that it must not be tied to Mr. Chen. The sum is currently deposited in the name of an existing legal entity. Your role will be to:

[1]. Act as the original beneficiary of the funds.
[2]. Receive the funds into a business/private bank account.
[3]. Invest/Manage the funds outside of Singapore.
[4]. Value of funds: $39 Million US Dollars.

Everything will be done legally to ensure the rights to the funds are transferred to you. If you agree to partner with Mr. Chen, he will compensate you with 30% of the total sum. Should you prefer I re-contact you with more express facts, you can send me your:

[1] Official Full Names:
[2] Company or Personal profile:
[3] Daytime Telephone No:

For Mr. Chen Shui-bian's current profile visit this site:

http : // news.bbc. co. uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8250099.stm BBC News - Taiwan ex-leader jailed for life
http : // news.bbc. co. uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8233342.stm BBC News - Wife of Taiwan's ex-leader jailed

You can email me at ddvdfng@aol.com or call me for further details, terms and agreement.

Sincerely,
Mr. David Fong
Email: ddvdfng@aol.com

Last edited:

pdssoft

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Michigan, USA
You may want to revisit this post, if those links are valid, you could be considered an accomplice to fraud. You may want to x them out, the last thing you want is the FBI banging on your door because the poor smuck who gets ripped off, names its source as this forum.

You would think people wouldn't fall for this kind of scam, but trust me, they do. A billion of these emails go out every day and it only takes 1 response to make it worth their while. It's not pretty, usually senior citizens that lose their entire life's savings. It's sad.

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
We had two cases that made the local news recently. In the one case a realtor got caught up in scam were she was sending money to Nigeria and then getting some money back but they always ask for more more more. Eventually she tried covering her losses by taking peoples money that they had put down on deposits. OOPS.

The worst one was a lady who embezled over $100,000 from her church and sent it to a get rich quick scheme. I guess they had her on the hook for a couple years. I have known the lady for years. Her parents took out a mortgage on their house to pay the church back and to keep their daughter out of jail.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
pdssoft - ...the last thing you want is the FBI banging on your door...

Luckily they can't get me. And even those poor souls who fall for these scams wouldn't fall for one headlined SCAM OF THE DAY. I hope.

Printing the guy's emails means he'll get spammed, which is nice.

if they fall for that I have a solar powered clothes dryer for sale only $170.00

Actually, that's kind of cheap. We were going to install a clothesline in the backyard of the house we were living in back in Wisconsin. Between materials and labor, we were looking at around $200.

So I went to Home Depot and bought some rope and strung it between to supporting posts on the front of the house. It looked silly and didn't hold as many clothes. But it sure was cheap!!

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
Wow Roly... you can quit your day job! :p

How come the only proposals I get are from old geezers in the supermarket? :glare:

Hi Hellen, how are you today !!:p:wub:

Luckily they can't get me. And even those poor souls who fall for these scams wouldn't fall for one headlined SCAM OF THE DAY. I hope.

Printing the guy's emails means he'll get spammed, which is nice.

Roly, is that Scotland Yard knocking at your door ? :blink::)

On a serious note, the first tip off is if it's addressed to "Dear Sir/Ma'am, customer, friend, etc. and not to your legal name. That's when you put it in the trash, without even looking at it. That's a version of the Nigerian scam, that's been around for a long time.

Last edited:

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I could toss in a can of spray paint..

Thank you for the custom offer. I'm not a big sprayer but I could ask if you have a mod attachment as I do have cats? (is that too tacky for this thread?)
What about the warranty and/or insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread