School Cops tsk tsk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vi3txtu4n

Dec 5, 2012
California
So today , me and a buddy of mine were literally threatened by a school cop just because we were walking to our cars smoking our vapes. Im in college now and.. there is a bunch of smokers walking around the campus smoking there analogs for days but this cop pulled up next to us telling us to go to the "Smoking Area" which is only intended for cigarette smokers. All I did was simply tell him that we weren't smoking and that it was vape. His response was that I'm trying to resist arrest and was going to hand cuff me just for informing him its vapor... What is this :mad::mad:

DietSalem

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Indiana
vaping is very new and you have to keep that in mind. If someone asks you to stop: STOP! You can then immediately turn to them, show them the device (even offer them to take a drag if they are a smoker) and hand them a CASAA card. Ask their permission to continue using the device now that they understand and if they say no say "Okay, thank you for the consideration and please look into the card I gave you." At this point, it'd be okay to include a small and polite tidbit of information about them, such as the lack of foul odors and ash - and even mention that they're used by millions worldwide for their benefits over smoking.

A rule of thumb that I like to remind my friends of which is very important to remember inside of privately owned establishments: Just because it's not a cigarette does not mean the owner can't tell you not to do it. The owner can also tell you to not listen to music in doors. The owner can also ask you to not wear a shirt with vulgar images on it. Your freedom doesn't express you the ability to do something others find offensive - even if they SHOULDN'T find it offensive - at least not in a private establishment.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Also remember cops, especially rent-a-cops, arent required to have knowledge of actual laws, only to enforce them as they understand them. Theres quite a bit of room for interpretation there and it sounds like you got a neanderthal or one with a napolean complex.

You can also politely and calmly go over his head and speak to someone who might be a little more knowledgeable and less confrontational.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread