Status
Not open for further replies.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
She's here! I think I'm going to be a mini reonaut, this mod is perfect! I absolutely love the size, I'm hooked. A pic will be forthcoming tomorrow so I can try to capture her sparkles in the sun! I named my mini Hit Girl cause Hit Girl rocks and she's purple lol! :w00t:

hit girl.jpg

Oh and I got the dual RM3 too. I'm a bit nervous about building my first dual coil set up but I'm determined. I shall attempt it tonight. Any pointers, or warning, are most welcome!

Thumbs way up to Rob!:2cool:

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Congrats on the new arrival.

With the dual coils on the RM3, just take it slow and easy. You want two identical coils (or near enough) - remember that the net resistance will be half of an individual coil's. Watch inserting the legs into the center post - the hole is a little tight for largish gauge wire (I use 28), but two legs will fit. Remember to test for shorts after each coil is mounted. Wicks should be as close to identical as well.

The RM3 is not bad for accidentally cutting legs with the post screws (as in, it doesn't, generally), but don't yard on them too much (and remember that you need to tighten the center post screw to test the first coil and then loosen it again to fit the second coil into it).

Once you get it installed, tested, and primed, get ready for one hella good vape.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Ok I've got two 28g 10 wrap coils built on the second to smallest gizmo mandrel for a total ohm reading of 6.3. I've got it on the mini but it won't fire. I'm wondering if the legs from each coil going through the center post is my problem. I tried to get the legs the same way I do on the positive post on the RM2 which is what I learned from watching superx's vids. I've looked around here for pics but can't find any . (I did check all the post screws and my ebaron did fire on the mini so I know it's not the mini with the problem) If my ohm meter can read the RM3 wouldn't that mean the RM3 should work? So perhaps it's a threading issue? I wish I had a second mod I could test this on.

Well now, this is about 5 minutes later, I got the atty to fire a bit after backing the atty up a bit. It won't fire everytime I try and one of the coils is glowing from the positive side over to the negative side and the other coil is glowing from the middle. It's late and I'm not sure what to do so I'm calling it a night.

Back at it in the morning!

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Last thing before I hit the hay, I think these coils are going to be to long. There just isn't enough room to get them lined up good for airflow *and* keep them away from the sides. I'm thinking 26g might be better for this. Crap, is it 30 gauge I need instead? I'm tired.

Last edited:

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
We have lift off! This is a really warm vape! I'm using Boba's thinned by 50% with pg and the flavor *is* very good, almost tastes like full strength Boba's. I like how I can squonk the heck outta this mini and fully submerse those wicks so quickly. I'm not much of a super warm vape person so am wondering if lowering the coils will help with that, they are a smidge high. I think raising the ohms would help too? For my first try I am very pleased. I need to do some tweaking but I think this is going to be what I've wanted from vaping.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Yes go in steps, or you could try raising your ohms first.

When I first drilled, it seemed like I went to far and messed up. I kept vaping though and in a few days found I love it and could never go back to that restrictive flow. Then after awhile I went even bigger, again I thought it was a big mistake. Several days later I'd converted to a lung hitter and I now could never go back to mouth hits.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I remember reading about some kind of artists tool here in the reo mods section that can be threaded through the airhole to, I guess, sand it sort of, and slowly open it up bit by bit. I'll have to find out what that was. I'll definitely try raising the ohms first though and see what that does. Thanks for the tips FB. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread