Not open for further replies.

bstedh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Northern Minnesota
www.clear.com
Sounds too me like the wick is too tight going down into the tank cutting off juice flow. The wick should move up and down freely without being to sloppy. This is the biggest thing to getting an SGV3 working at peek performance. Oxidizing the whole wick can improve flow also.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

jamesd1628

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
Chattanooga/Ringgold
I'm a little confused about this. What happens to the tissue paper? Does it just burn off eventually?

Wrap a 10x10mm piece of tissue paper around the coil after you washed it with hot water. Ensure the tissue paper makes 2 layers all around the wick. Let it dry a bit and then wrap your resistance wire over the tissue paper. Test the ohms and assemble. Make sure the tissue paper is wet with the VG/PG before firing it up. Works every time. The resistance wire gets a chance to oxidise as well with this method.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Definitely gonna try this on my next wick. I had some issues getting my last wick working.. although it's now working pretty nicely.. I wouldn't mind an easier process!
I feel like the key, at least for what's been working for me, is to also use a regular bic lighter and getting a nice coat of that black soot on the coil area of the wick. I always get shorts unless I do this and try not to disturb the black soot.

Youssefa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2009
Gainesville, FL USA
OKay everyone.... DAN has given the word,.

my FINAL LIST of participants, That I will wait one week for payment from. :::::
AmnNate
MikeE3
jmarkus
Brazilleon
Spiffy11
gredie
par292
Vtwin
Killjoy1
ED-209
Merwin
Shead
Jajasonvich
jamesd1628
Harley
banjar
Antong
badkarmaiii
TMan
prodatype
debb
Extol
Teach
pnc81498
jimho
Smacker
rusty272
cos
mianker
dl12007
westamyx
bradlyb
schaedj
muddstar
KenG
aziffel
QueenofHearts
johnsom
hillock
davedrumdude
rusalka
trademark
SAX
Chingas
sabre66

Paypal Calculator.
PayPal Fee Calculator by Ryan Olbe (Last Updated: June 04, 2011)

20$+3$ shipping+PP fees. If you live in like Washington state, Oregon, North Dakota. ETC please add 1$ to shipping. If you have decided to reduce your order from say 3 units to 2 units, no problem...just send money for the # units you now want. I have 45 ppl on the list and the min order was for 50. If everyone only gets one, i will order the last five.

Paypal Address
ghost_protocol_coop@yahoo.com
Please include the shipping ECF Nick and Address in the Pay pal coments. so I can scratch you off the list.
it was hiding under the red text in the very first post...:):):)

Everyone can pay for as many as they want, they will receive what they pay for.

As i said you can order as many as yo want to ..... UNLIKE other co-ops there is NO MAXIMUM, Only a minimum order of 50 units total. at last count I had approx 66 units spoken for. if you want 1 or 10, no problem. you send the money for that number of units and that is what you will receive.

ALSO I am including a syringe for each order if you have multipul G-tank-US ordered please indicate in paypal comments or shoot me a pm titled syringe, otherwise I will include one 6ml syringe with each order.

Syringe is a Bonus for everyone at my dime, so that the kit is complete. Nothing major, but I thought that after the building anticipation, I would throw in a little something extra.

PLEASE NO GIFTING, I can't print shipping labels!!!!!!

Last edited:

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
For all you scubaheads out there the scubamini co-op is in discussion in the co-op forum being run by Rusalka. Here is a pic preview of the scubamini prototype in production compared to the SGV3:
IMG_0044.jpg

This will use 1/8" wall pyrex tubing for the tank body!
Dan

l3oertjie

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
South Africa
When using the tissue paper trick, does the wick still need to be oxidized?

Yes, most definitely. If your wick burns dry it could burn through the paper and cause a short on the stainless wick. I also think the oxidation process increases the efficiency of the wicking / capillary action.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread