• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Seniors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
Arizona
smiley_laughing.gif

Cisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
Arizona
take a tissue...hold flat on mouth....blow cig smoke through it.....see ick spot....do that with vapor...no spot ! No tar !

Aha! Thank you, I'll pass along the info. She's a tough sell, thinks since I'm vaping nicotine I might as well be smoking. However she, as many of us, has been unable to quit smoking for any length of time. Maybe if I got her a pretty pink, cig-size battery she might give it a go. We'll see. She's older than me and I think prefers to impart information to me, not the other way around. lol

Cisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
Arizona
Good suggestion......except.......when I'm vaping, they're all smoking. I'm sure she can't pick up the wonderous aroma of my vape when we're all shrouded in clouds of ciggy smoke. :ohmy: I did unthinkingly take a vape once, and only once, in her house. She looked so horrified I put my pv away so I wouldn't be able to accidentally enjoy the pleasures of vaping over smoking. :lol: I'll just have to give her time and be helpful if I get the chance. :)

Cisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
Arizona
LOL ! She was looking at you like that...while she was smoking ??

Well, yes and no. We smoke/vape in the garage or patio when we visit them. I had forgotten my pv was in my hand and while we were in her house, I forgot myself and vaped without thinking. :shock: But, even when we are out of the house, she gives me that look. :glare: It's okay, I've known her for years and years. I would bet she's curious but since she wasn't the discoverer and the one to offer up the info for ecigs, she's gonna dig her heals in for a while. She has a very strong personality and very definite opinions. lol

The first time we traveled with them I was amazed when she went into the rental kitchen and totally rearranged the plates, glasses etc. I couldn't see the improvement but, she was happy. Quirky but still a good person. :)

Cisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
Arizona
Since you mentioned it, on that first vacation we stayed in a timeshare. The next day the daily maid did notice and rearranged everything back to it's original spot. Didn't faze my friend at all; that afternoon she put it all back the way she liked it. From then on, the maid left it be. Same thing happens with the furniture. The maid puts it all back once and then she gives up. :laugh:

So, when did it become impossible to find a decent fly swatter under $5.00? I usually buy 2-3 swatters in Spring for outdoor use. We consider swatting a sport. lol I have been to all our local stores (10+) and they all have junk swatters - got them anyway. We've destroyed 3 already. So, of course, I thought I'd buy something on-line. Checked the 2 go-to-sites and they have the same junk for more money. Is there a swatter conspiracy?! Is there a blackmarket I don't know about? :?:

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
We've got a couple old fly swatters around here that we've had for years. Didn't really need new ones, but I grabbed a couple when couple at K-Mart a couple weeks ago. Now I'm not talking WalMart here so I expected a little more quality. The darn things might have lasted a week!!!
So the answer to your question--I do believe there is a conspiracy. :grr:

More like one more junk thing out of China. Hey they got to do something to make all that money so they can lend it to us!!! :facepalm: :laugh:

Cisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
Arizona
We've got a couple old fly swatters around here that we've had for years. Didn't really need new ones, but I grabbed a couple when couple at K-Mart a couple weeks ago. Now I'm not talking WalMart here so I expected a little more quality. The darn things might have lasted a week!!!
So the answer to your question--I do believe there is a conspiracy. :grr:

More like one more junk thing out of China. Hey they got to do something to make all that money so they can lend it to us!!! :facepalm: :laugh:

Aha! I knew something was afoot. I'm really frustrated. We usually pick up a pkg of 2 for $1-$1.50. They last all summer. The one we have in the house is from 3 years ago. This year the Black Flagg swatter from wally world is too thick and doesn't bend. Gad, it's more like a weapon to be used on unsuspecting small countries. Fly must be on a large flat surface and you must have a perfect, flat swat swing to be successful in the kill. :facepalm:

Got the screen type that has flimsy cardboard stapled around the edges. Those were mishapen(! lol) and falling apart within the week. Then we chose a flimsy plastic one that had a V design to hold the plastic on the handle. After a week the plastic ripped and the swatter flew off the handle. :blink: and missed the fly I might add...

Finally we got the one-piece cheapy plastic one from the dollar store. Actually, there were 3 in the $1 package. Pink, Blue, Green daisy shaped ones. lol Because they are scalloped around the edges, a few flies get away because we have to adjust our swat area, but these silly things have held up better than the rest. Especially the pink one because DH and I don't do pink. :p

First a swatter conspiracy.....what's next?! :lol::lol:

Cisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
Arizona
Haven't you all heard of "Save the Flies!"

So funny about your friend Cisme......rearranging everything and not being first to the party with the e-cigs......

You know, I really don't like killing little beasties. Most critters will back off once you wave at 'em. :laugh: But flies are just so dang....well, stubbornly asking for it. And their little feet have been on the most disgusting things....I just make sure they're good and gone so they don't suffer. Best I can do for 'em. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread