• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Seniors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
Arizona
Flies are just annoying and yuck!!!! We had a cook out one year and you couldn't even get a piece of food to your mouth before a fly landed on it :grr: We all had to go inside just to keep from eating flies :ohmy:

I'll bet it was in the best weather, right? Just before the heat of summer hit I wanted to do patio dinners. For a week we did the same thing - brought the food inside. Little beasties. At least I have a big picture window. lol

Cisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
Arizona
I know! And my hubby can't stand them. He and a friend used to have contests to see who could get the most; and how many with one swat. lol (And then the ants show up to carry off the bounty.) Our good friend has passed on but we still continue the sport in his honor. When it's fly time, we just hand out swatters to everyone who shows up. Sane people might just come inside the house. lol

Hope I'm making sense, the periodontist prescribed pain meds and I'm not much of a pill taker. These are making me light-headed and somewhat nauseous. OTOH, maybe it's all the talk about flies. lol

Cisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
Arizona
Well, I'm not sure.....where'd everyone go? ....no fly zone maybe....

All day long I've been playing: chase-me-until-I-stop, then-pet-me, chase-me-again, pet, repeat-throughout-the-house-or-I-will-meow-you-to-distraction game. Er, that would be with one of my cats, not DH. lol She has the sweetest meow and it looks like it's time to make a run - she's staring and sounding pitiful. Some days aloof goes out the window. :laugh:

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
Well, I'm not sure.....where'd everyone go? ....no fly zone maybe....

All day long I've been playing: chase-me-until-I-stop, then-pet-me, chase-me-again, pet, repeat-throughout-the-house-or-I-will-meow-you-to-distraction game. Er, that would be with one of my cats, not DH. lol She has the sweetest meow and it looks like it's time to make a run - she's staring and sounding pitiful. Some days aloof goes out the window. :laugh:

:lol::lol:

Cisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
Arizona
I had a day of dealing with the RW. Believe me it would have been more fun here!!!

man, it must have been a bad day if swatting flies sounds like more fun. lol I stopped taking the pain meds as they and I just don't mix well. While I will probably not be so dipsy as to talk about flies, I'm still in search of a flyswatter! :p

Did you know that if your sweet kitty brings in a baby bunny the bunny will continue to scream "help me, help me, help me, help me....." until you run from the back of the house, assess the situation, run back down the hall, wake your DH and comandeer him to rescue it? Baby bunny was sent back home to her mama unharmed. Glad we were home. :)

Cisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
Arizona
You left out lizards. We get a lot of lizards and they aren't so easy to catch. So, Fudgey, you either have a kitty now or were owned by one in the past? I am mostly grateful that my girls bring everything into our home alive and well so they can play in the house with it. I'll bet we all could swap amusing stories.....

So, I was sitting in the bathroom one day and wondering why Taz was staring at the lace panel on the shower curtain. Strange. I pulled the panel out and there was a snake woven into it. It was an awkward moment.

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
OMGosh!!!!! I would have had a heart attack if I had a snake in my bathroom :shock:

I got lucky and caught my cat before she could bring her little snake in the house to play with. The ex hubby got the pleasure of rescuing the baby bunny. I was to busy trying to get my daughter to quit crying....she was 4 at the time.

We don't have lizards here, thank goodness. I have been owned by two cats, sadly they aren't with me anymore :(

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
You left out lizards. We get a lot of lizards and they aren't so easy to catch. So, Fudgey, you either have a kitty now or were owned by one in the past? I am mostly grateful that my girls bring everything into our home alive and well so they can play in the house with it. I'll bet we all could swap amusing stories.....

So, I was sitting in the bathroom one day and wondering why Taz was staring at the lace panel on the shower curtain. Strange. I pulled the panel out and there was a snake woven into it. It was an awkward moment.

A buddy of mine got up during the night to go whiz. He left the lights off so he wouldn't disturb his wife and kids. As he started to relieve himself he looked down and there was a snake coiled up between his foot and the toilet.

The poor guy stopped what he was doing, slowly backed away and went out in the kitchen and found a broom to beat the snake with. Returning to the bathroom he still left the light off but commenced beating and beating on that snake. His wife heard all the commotion, got up and came in and turned on the light to see what was going on.

Seems my friend was standing there beating on a little pair of panties his daughter had rolled off and left on the floor.

True story!

TT

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
Does anyone have a wussy cat? Sashwa is 17 years old and is 25% bobcat - shes an OC3 PixieBob. She was outside with me one day and spotted a Townsend in the middle of the yard. She got real excited and started chattering and wiggling her bottom. The Townsend started chirping and then started hopping towards us. Sash turned and high-tailed it into kitchen and behind the patio door so she could continue to watch the bird. I couldn't believe it. She is about 14 lbs and the Townsend is a bit smaller than a Robin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread