Sense of smell/taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Rawl

Verified Member
It's about to rain and I can actually smell it coming. It's been three days since I've had an analog and my sense of taste and smell are returning. It's just amazing. I hope I can keep vaping and leave the analogs alone. I even use less salt (sometimes none at all) on my meals. So, my question to you is...what has been your favorite smell or taste since you've been off analogs?

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Welcome to ECF, Master Rawl. I'm amazed that your taste buds and sense of smell are returning so quickly. It took me amost a month. Lucky you.

My answer to your question would be lemons. When I cut them in the morning to make myself some hot lemonade, they smell so good and fresh that I leave the rinds in the sink for a while.

i find the best smell now is cooked onions. i dont know why, but before, i could cut up and cook a bunch of onions and garlic, and i couldnt smell it, and my eyes wouldnt water. now, they water after cutting up half of an onion, and i love it! its like being reborn haha. i do love all the fruity smells of the ejuices. watermelon, blueberry, banana. so many sweet smelling and tasting juice. still havent found my favorite though. happy vaping!

Kams Cats

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Hubby was wearing old spice tonight. i bought it for him for christmas but I didn't like it. Tonight it smelled nice. My sense of smell and taste are just slowly returning.

I can't bear to vape tobacco flavours now. Not even menthol which is what I smoked. I am loving coffee and raspberry. Wow. I also wonder what I will want to vape a month from now. :)

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I'm definitely using less sugar these days and less salt. I'd have to say that my favorite taste right now is berries. Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries...they all taste wonderful now and I don't have to add any sugar to them!

Every time I walk by the floral section of the grocery store I have to pause for just a minute and take in all the smells. I can smell all of the flowers now and it's wonderful! I can't wait until my neighbors lilac tree starts to bloom!

Moonflame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Smith Mt Lake area, Va, USA
Best smells have to be the way my house smells after I cook a good meal, a roast in the crockpot makes the whole house smell yummy for the whole day :). And my 7 year old right after a bath. I never realized baby shampoo smelled so good and she'll actually snuggle with me longer since I don't smell like smoke.

Of course there are drawbacks to that enhanced sense of smell...hubby builds tires and now I can really smell the melted rubber smell when he comes home. Plus all the other smells that come with living with a houseful of kids, pets and a husband can make me wish for my old muted sense of smell some days :).

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Of course there are drawbacks to that enhanced sense of smell...hubby builds tires and now I can really smell the melted rubber smell when he comes home. Plus all the other smells that come with living with a houseful of kids, pets and a husband can make me wish for my old muted sense of smell some days :).

LOL. Yeah, I know what you mean. ID have kids in the house, but when I go downtown San Diego, the smell of exhaust fumes from public transportation gags me. Actually the whole metro area odors gag me. That's when I start breathing out of my mouth instead.

Spicy food is spicy again and I love it! My family would complain about how something was so hot and I would always think that they were just a bunch of babies but not they are right.

Yeah, I know, me too! I've had to go a little lighter on my Tapatio and black pepper. One time a couple of ladies I was partying with just stared at me eating wasabi spread on bread like it was butter. ID think I could do that any more, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread