• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Sense of Smell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katmandu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
Canada
I didn't realize until today how well my sense of smell came back.

The lilacs here are now in full bloom. I love lilacs and always thought they smelled wonderful.

What an experience this morning when I went outside - it was like perfume on the air.

Getting up close and giving a few lilacs a sniff or two just about overwhelmed me with all the nuances of their scent.

Ecigs have given me back a part of my life I didn't even know I was missing.

How could I have gone all this time and not known how good a lilac really smells?

I brought a big bouquet into the house and have been enjoying them all day.

Now I can't wait for the peonies and the roses in my garden to bloom.

Harrygrowth

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
I didn't realize until today how well my sense of smell came back.

The lilacs here are now in full bloom. I love lilacs and always thought they smelled wonderful.
What an experience this morning when I went outside - it was like perfume on the air.

Getting up close and giving a few lilacs a sniff or two just about overwhelmed me with all the nuances of their scent.

Ecigs have given me back a part of my life I didn't even know I was missing.

How could I have gone all this time and not known how good a lilac really smells?

I brought a big bouquet into the house and have been enjoying them all day.

Now I can't wait for the peonies and the roses in my garden to bloom.

How long did it take? I've been at this for almost 3 months and still my sense of smell isn't back yet. I don't think.

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
I was out for a ride on the motorcycle along farm roads. I actually smelled fresh bread baking. had to slow down and enjoy that. I love fresh bread. I smelled a tea pot going dry on the stove the other night watching hockey. wierd stuff this sense of smell.

I am noticing something a lot lately. I have from 12-33mg nic and I only notice the difference with the 33. most of my small bottles were all 18. I didn't notice any difference in dropping the nic. I vaped the same as if it was 28. think it's time for me to start cutting out the nic from my juice

kalvinf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Hamilton Canada
Gaining back my sense of smell is a huge plus to e-cigarettes, both good and not-so-good smells. I know you couldn't draw a parallel to suddenly getting your hearing back or sight but the sense of smell adds a great deal to the quality of living. Having been without this smell sense for a very long time, the appreciation of it is very dear.

Katmandu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
Canada
Yeah mine's improved for sure, idk how good it'll get, time will tell but I've been working with acetone for the last 10 years, so it'll prolly only get so good lol.

Edit: hey katmandu are your peonies the ridiculously mutant huge variety too? The flowers on mine get to be like 8" diameter avg.

Yeah, I have those kind in a couple of colours. I have to stake them otherwise they all end up on the ground cause they are so heavy!

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Having my sense of smell back is absolutely a wonderful side-effect of vaping. I love cooking, and as such being able to actually smell what I am cooking, is wonderful. Another small one, I had no idea that baby-oil on a baby, just after she's done her bath can be such a strong and soothing smell. :)

The bad.. cat litter-box. Ammonia.. GAG!! Body-odour on the subway. I swear I can smell them from across the subway car. Crowded trains actually make me noxious.

I can't remember when my sense of smell came back, but it was around the 4 - 5 month mark. I had a bad cold, and could not smell anything. One day I woke up, cold was done and there it was..

Harrygrowth

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
I can't remember when my sense of smell came back, but it was around the 4 - 5 month mark. I had a bad cold, and could not smell anything. One day I woke up, cold was done and there it was..[/B][/FONT][/QUOTE]

That's encouraging. I thought I was getting it back at about 2 weeks in when I could smell exhaust on the freeway. Haven't smelt it since. I suppose one day it will just slap me on the back of the head and be there.

kalvinf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Hamilton Canada
Taste goes along with sense of smell, so all in all that's 2 out of 5 senses that are recovered.
And there is the thing about memory association with smells too, where a memory could be buried from years ago and only recalled when the smell is sensed.
In the last 2 months I've used the word "smell" probably 10 times more often than in the decades where I smoked - lol - it increases your vocabulary!

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
My sense of smell has been off since I was a teen. Things began to smell "different". Bread smelled like chemicals. Diesel smelled like fried onions, fried onions smelled like diesel. The doctor whipped me in and did cat scans and MRI's. They originally thought I may have a brain tumor, but it turns out I have partial anosmia.

The worst part is most times, I can be in a bathroom for minutes, not knowing a thing before someone says "oh sorry about the smell". It's nasty not to be able to smell nasty things.

muleygirl

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
I have always enjoyed seeding but this year is even more enjoyable. I can smell the dirt after it has been worked, yeah I know weird, but it is a wonderful earthy smell, brings me back to my childhood. I can smell our fruit trees never realized just how sweet they are. Oh and the smell of freshly mowed grass awesome. So many great smells. Although I knew my bulls stunk but wow they really do smell bad. We have a skunk in our bale stacks, he hasn't sprayed but you can smell his scent where he has been. I suppose that might be a benefit won't walk into it by surprise.
All in all good or bad it is great to have it back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread