Sense of smell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mmc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2010
Michigan
I live on an island in northern Michigan......have lived here a good chunk of my life in fact. We have lilac trees in full bloom everywhere right now and I am amazed at how wonderful they smell. Yesterday I thought, wow the lilacs are really great this year. Then today it struck me that after smoking for 38 years, this is the first time since I was young, that I was really able to smell them.
Thanks v4l and my cyber buddies on this forum!

grandpawrichard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2011
Burlington, Washington
Mmc,
Congrats to you! :) It's amazing what we can now smell isn't it? :) Thank goodness or Lilacs are almost done blooming, because their smell has been killing my sinuses for quite a few weeks now. :( They are Beautiful flowers but for a person with Sinus Trouble they are terrible. :(
Women with a Lot of Perfume or men with a lot of Aftershave smell Putrid to me! It makes me wonder how bad they smell that they have to cover it up with such a heavy dose of that crap! :(

Richard

Last edited:

Flowerlady-8898

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2010
North Carolina
It is definately a blessing and curse, in my house. I can smell so much better, now, all of the good smells, but when it comes to having men in the house that need a bath, or having to smell my husband's smoke, 'OH MY GOD'...It's horrible! When I was smoking, his smoking never bothered me. Now, I have to run a fan towards him, when he lights up, because I can't stand it. Now, I know how bad it smelt, and I go around apologizing to all of my family members, now, and let them know that I know how bad it was for them...now that I have quit.​

Mirage Hart

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2011
KC, MO
This being able to smell is what so many talk about... but I have always had a very keen sense of smell, and I don't notice any difference at all since quitting! In fact, about 5 yrs ago where I was working was offices on a third floor of a building that had a restaurant on the first floor. One day, while walking to the mail room I told one of my non-smoking co-workers "there's a fire somewhere, someone needs to call the restaurant downstairs!" Everyone just ignored me, I kept insisting there was a fire. Eventually the fire alarms went off... there was a fire in the restaurant two floors below! Not one single person I worked with smelled it but me! Ok, I have officially established that I'm just weird! :blush:

kittypie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Charlotte NC
My sister is a smoking fiend and her sense of smell is akin to that of a bloodhound, except she can't smell her own self! But I have her half-converted, she is smoking about half what she used to.

Me, I'm still smoking 'logs in the morning and in the evening; I don't think I can put them down completely until my sister quits completely or moves out. Preferably the latter...actually, preferably both! I love my sis but...

ThankU4Vaping

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2010
NJ
It's good to smell again. Coffee (thanks Lujin) smells better as all other good things do. Taste is certainly related to smell and taste is so much better now too! Eating Godiva truffles is an even better experience now, than it was as a smoker. The fluffiness, the richness, the absolute nectar of the gods speaks to me now. My eyes roll around in my head and I must be sitting down for the experience. Yeah, I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread