Status
Not open for further replies.

clarke187

Oct 21, 2008
Va, USA
i got a janty yentl and I'm having real problems with either batteries or the atomizer. I got one automatic battery and one regular battery. I charged the automatic battery for 17 hours like i was supposed to and then smoked it for 20 twenty minutes, exactly like the manual said. I took it off and put on the regular battery to charge. The manual battery gave me vapor for one hit and died. I sent it back to Jeff at Janty USA and got a new manual. It worked for several hits and died too (I also charged this one). The manual lasted for a bit longer probably for 2-to-3 charges and totally abrubtly died. I received 2 new batteries saturday and it died too. The weird thing is, I am getting the right voltage when i test them with a multimeter. but I get smoke a while when i put in a new battery and then the batteries die. Does anyone know know what the correct resistance on the atomizer is? Could it be too low and killing my batteries? I'm getting really frustrated because i loved the e cigarette while I had it.... and I want one that works. Does anyone have any ideas? Could my charger be doing it? I like the company and the customer service, jeff is really cool about replacement parts... I just want a working e cigarette.

this sucks :(

clark

Bertrand

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
Does anyone know know what the correct resistance on the atomizer is? Could it be too low and killing my batteries?

I have heard around 3.5 ohm, but they probably vary a little between models. I have only tested a faulty one personally (~20ohm for a little while, then infinity.)

Last edited:

clarke187

Oct 21, 2008
Va, USA
I am getting about 2.3 ohms off this atomizer, its janty yentl atomizer, do you think that is low enough to fry batteries? I just got it less than a month ago, but I haven't actually been able to smoke for about 2 weeks. I held off for a while asking jeff for new stuff because its kinda embarrasing. I attached some pictures of the atomizer, can anyone identify the generation, could i have gotten mismatched stuff?

I have heard around 3.5 ohm, but they probably vary a little between models. I have only tested a faulty one personally (~20ohm for a little while, then infinity.)

Attachments

• atomizer1.jpg
    atomizer1.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 22
  • atomizer2.jpg
    atomizer2.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 26
  • atomizer3.jpg
    atomizer3.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 34
Status
Not open for further replies.