• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Seriously an atheist section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ongeslepen

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Amsterdamaged
hehe, i don't even know what to say :)

In the meantime i also found the christian section... wauw.. i had no idea there was a need for that too. ( i figured i just post in this group because atheist are a tiny winy little bit better in handling critique :p ) Why is there no Buddhist section? Of all the religions i like that one the most.. it must be because i'm a half-breed and brought up and seeing Buddhists all around, although i went to a catholic school. Is there a catholic section? (searching) hmm.. didn't find it.. lol

Since i'm here and rambling away anyway... Religion, what a waste of thought and time. If i was a true believer i wouldn't even care.. i would say: "haha, you are going to hell and i'm not". No need for wars or discussions, since I know the truth... Why would i even bothered if another man has sex with another man. So what? I think it's a good thing, fall in love with your same gender, that only means more girls for me :D Unfortunately many beliebers don't think like that and feel they must enforce the world to believe in that something they believe in and that's where it starts to collide. Except the Buddhists! :p Minding their own bussiness, meditating, self-reflecting, they don't care if you are gay, got 2 penisses or if you are ladyboy/boylady whatever you are that is wondering this earth. Only busy with the here and the now, living a simple life, no need for flashy mods or tanks and the blings and the blangs. In the end it's all about letting go, going with the stream of life, accepting death and sickness and enlightenment. Accepting life as it is and not trying to hold on, think plastic surgery, the fear of getting old, silly Hollywood/western thoughts.. They real zen like buddhists/persons are not even bothered with the things we are bothered with.. a house, a car, money etc... I'm jealous on that, still working on that myself. :)

I remember when i was a kid in my catholic school (they were not strict, in my class alone we had everything: Muslims, Christians, Catholics, Jews, whites, blacks, half-breeds, chinese etc) and every wednesday (weird name.. Wed-nes-day anyway) we had this praying moment.. i remember looking around at the other kids and teachers what they were doing while praying.. so i peeked and saw them clenching their hands together and their eyes closed. I had no idea what they were doing, i just didn't understand. Praying.. what is praying? Who is this guy we are praying to? it just seemed, pointless & silly like believing there is a monster under your bed. And if it's true, and allmighty thing can hear you.. how rude we are, asking all kinds of things to him, fix my love life, fix my money problems, fix my disease etc etc etc... Just plain rude man! How dare you if it's such a holy thing and i can't even say: "......mit!" <- a curse word.

Fascinating bunch of weirdo's we are ;)

Personally i have 2 main thoughts about us.. 1 there is more then this and when we die, we move on to next realm to another life just body less perhaps being reborn again (oh, that's the buddhist in me again). Or 2, we are nothing, we are literately biological machines and when we die, there is nothing. Both thoughts are very comforting to me.. No more pain, no more suffering, it's all good, although i don't really want to be reincarnated, with all the corruption, lies, wars and work.. pff.. working for some kind of corporation, what's the point in that?

Death; our last ride, i almost can't wait for it :p lol, no i'm not suicidal, but i am damn curious what happens after that. And if there is more, i will come back and write my name on steamy mirrors in bathrooms :D You can call me the joker ;)

Well enough rambling

Ps. i'm not trying to offend anyone, i really don't care what you believe in. This is just my train of thought. So no hard feelings, mmKay?

Pps. oeoeoeooee, almost posted it in the christian section, good thing i double checked :)

Last edited:

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
I find it really runny there is even a religious section in itself.....

My only thought to the subject - there is no "high order", the world is a literal sence, and as "biological machines" we just die. I hold on to a hope of the possibility of reincarnation, you are reborn as a new "creature" with no knowledge of your past life... but I honestly don't expect that to be true, only a slight hope

Reactions: kross8

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I'm Agnostic and a minister...
But when Cpt God gets back from his "weekend" drunk in his colony ship and find out what happened to CPO Adm and LT Eve were up to... :O
What do you call somebody who is certain god exists? Crazy. But then I find athiests to be a grumpy bunch. How about some athiest vaper jokes? Hmm, I'm not thinking of any. How do you make an athiest laugh? Sounds like a tough crowd. But you know what? I bet smoking is not allowed in heaven. But what about vaping? Thou shalt not vape sounds dumb.

Ongeslepen

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Amsterdamaged
I find it really runny there is even a religious section in itself.....

My only thought to the subject - there is no "high order", the world is a literal sence, and as "biological machines" we just die. I hold on to a hope of the possibility of reincarnation, you are reborn as a new "creature" with no knowledge of your past life... but I honestly don't expect that to be true, only a slight hope

I'm the biggest hypocrite alive, i might say A and do B. Today i think this, tomorrow i think that. Billions of people believe in something. Are they all stupid and crazy? Sometimes i think yes, other times i think... nah, they ain't all idiots.. i lean towards the first though. I'm a bit spiritual due to my upbringing, but do i really believe believe? Not really, i just cherry pick whatever i think might be true. If i approach the "something more" in a scientific matter, i think it might be true, because we only scratched the surface with physics, 11 dimensions, dark matter, dark energy. All unknowns. It could fit, but in the end, i really don't know.

What do you call somebody who is certain god exists? Crazy. But then I find athiests to be a grumpy bunch. How about some athiest vaper jokes? Hmm, I'm not thinking of any. How do you make an athiest laugh? Sounds like a tough crowd. But you know what? I bet smoking is not allowed in heaven. But what about vaping? Thou shalt not vape sounds dumb.

Meh.. Atheist are the funny ones. We are not tied to dogmatic nonsense, we are free in the way how/what to think just look at all the great comedians.. Mostly atheist, taking the piss of religious people and politics :) (still deciding if religion or politics is the biggest joke) If there is such a thing some religion describe It (i've decided to call god *note: no capital, because i think IT is an .......* it, i don't think it's a man or a woman) It must be a horrible being to be with, Angels singing all day long it's name, if you don't love it, it will send you to hell, blablablablalba, a horrible selfish being. Enlighted my ....

Last edited:
Reactions: kross8

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I hold on to a hope of the possibility of reincarnation, you are reborn as a new "creature" with no knowledge of your past life..
I once had a nightmare that I had died and was going to be reincarnated. It was very depressing. I didn't want to have to go through childhood again.

But, what bothered me most was that I wasn't going to be able to smoke while I was dead.

Reactions: WillyZee

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
I visited the Christian subforum once, it is now on ignore.

I should probably do the same with this one
24462279700_2cc68e3b1d_o.gif

I really don't see the need for religious sections here on ECF, but go on and enjoy them without me if you must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread