Seriously...What is wrong with me???

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyLulu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2010
Florida
OK, I've been vaping for almost 8months now and still haven't found "My vape" yet uugghhh......
I have tried more flavors than I can guess, probably in the hundreds. I have mixed up probally a liter of diy's that I like then hate. I have tried all the "must haves" that everyone raves about and don't like them.
I smoked ultra light menthol cigs for ten years, I tried one recently when I was in a bad "want a cigarette" mood and it tasted like poo.. How did I smoke this crap for soooo long and I can't find a vape that I love???
Am I the only one? I'm sitting here this morning I have tried 6 new flavors that were sent to me and I just don't like them. Whats wrong with me?

MiztrezzLyn

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Central NY
I don't know either, I have the same problem. Although, I've only been vaping about a month and haven't tried nearly the number you have.

There are a couple that I like okay and Fuzzy Navel right now is my "goto" but I end up switching to something else for a bit because I get tired of it. I wish wish wish I could try hundreds, maybe I'd find the one I can vape all day, but the wallet says no way :)

Commiserating with you! 8 months and still not found it, thats discouraging!

LuckyLulu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2010
Florida
I don't know either, I have the same problem. Although, I've only been vaping about a month and haven't tried nearly the number you have.

There are a couple that I like okay and Fuzzy Navel right now is my "goto" but I end up switching to something else for a bit because I get tired of it. I wish wish wish I could try hundreds, maybe I'd find the one I can vape all day, but the wallet says no way :)

Commiserating with you! 8 months and still not found it, thats discouraging!

Well I have tried hundreds mainly from being so active in PIF, get some and give some. I'm the same. Some are at best OK, but most are unvapable to me. My goto has been a diy strong apple/cinnamon similar to Atomic Cinnicide. But it gets old, and it is so strong it tears up my tongue :(

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
LOL to Untamedrose!

I've been going thru the same thing, I keep going back to menthol my old analog flavor. I've been so fortunate to not have gone back to analogs....they do taste awful!

I'm finding for me that if I take a small amount of flavored liquid right now and add a few drops of menthol juice to it I do like it with blackberry, pineapple mostly fruits. I haven't tried it with bakery flavors, but will be next on my list.

Try taking a small amount of one of your goto's and add a few drops of another flavor (premix or diy) I'm not sure if you use a regular bacco, or menthol, but worth a shot......HTH

kj4lxw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2010
Pinellas, FL
Lulu I find my tastes change weekly. I find a flavor that I like, vape it till it comes out my but, then get tired of it and switch to something else. There is a small handful of flavors that I go back to so those are the "my vapes" I have found.
Sometimes I'm mixing 2 juices to get a flavor to enjoy. I see no evidence that we are only allowed or should have one ultimate favorite flavor. One's tastes can change after a few weeks, or weekly, or even daily.

Also 2 things the internet has taught me:

1-just because most everyone follows a certain path or opinion doesn't mean you have to or can, and you should remain open minded and not place yourself in a position that you think you HAVE to do what everyone else does or that it will work for you.

2-don't ever think you are the only one going through ANY experience, go online nd you will find hundreds or thousands of others worldwide going through the same thing.

kj4lxw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2010
Pinellas, FL
I would add that the one staple I keep going back to is the Marb, guess maybe we all fall back to our roots:p

But I would add that getting a real dog couldn't hurt, get one like mine and the taste buds work better

Attachments

• Pnut.jpg
    Pnut.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 16

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
Have you tried adding menthol crystals to your flavorings? I too have roving taste buds. They just don't seem to want to be faithfull to anything. But it helps if you're a menthol fan to be able to give any flavor you want the extra kick of menthol. It adds some TH to.

Edit: if you don't have any menthol crystals I'll send you some.

Last edited:

LuckyLulu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2010
Florida
Have you tried adding menthol crystals to your flavorings? I too have roving taste buds. They just don't seem to want to be faithfull to anything. But it helps if you're a menthol fan to be able to give any flavor you want the extra kick of menthol. It adds some TH to.

Edit: if you don't have any menthol crystals I'll send you some.

That's funny because I used to add menthol to everything!!
Peaches n'cream menthol, Pina Colada menthol, Watermelon menthol.......etc...etc.. everything was menthol!

LuckyLulu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2010
Florida
I would add that the one staple I keep going back to is the Marb, guess maybe we all fall back to our roots:p

But I would add that getting a real dog couldn't hurt, get one like mine and the taste buds work better

Yes, those are fighting words, lol.
My Kiki is almost 15 years old now. Your right, his sense of smell is long gone. He has some farts that could knock a buzzard off a $#it wagon. But he doesn't seem to notice. :)

MiztrezzLyn

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Central NY
LOL LuckyLulu

I hope to get more into PIF, I've done 1 already :) I just need to acquire more stuff first.

I never smoked menthol when I was a smoker. I've found though (from one pre-filled cart that came with my kit and didn't last long) that I do like menthol. I just gotta find something + menthol to vape.

I ordered purecig with menthol but it didn't come with menthol and I ended up hating it anyway. I don't think adding menthol to that would have helped.

I wonder if I can add menthol to my husband's Wyatt Earp, or is that heresy? :) He has a really low mg nic WE though. Like 6mg or something. No throat hit for me, so I doubt adding menthol to that will give it much throat hit. I can't imagine adding methol to my Fuzzy Navel or other fruity flavors.

SirVette

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Texas
Well I have tried hundreds mainly from being so active in PIF, get some and give some. I'm the same. Some are at best OK, but most are unvapable to me. My goto has been a diy strong apple/cinnamon similar to Atomic Cinnicide. But it gets old, and it is so strong it tears up my tongue :(
The AC is so strong it can be cut w/ PG a lot & still be very good. Maybe try cutting it or apple/cinnamon (roll).

DesiG

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2010
Rochester NY
Yes, those are fighting words, lol.
My Kiki is almost 15 years old now. Your right, his sense of smell is long gone. He has some farts that could knock a buzzard off a $#it wagon. But he doesn't seem to notice. :)
OMG I have a beagle that can do the same thing! now I have to tell my DH- I love that line.
Anyway I do have a point to make (I think, getting old, LOL)
I have 3 e juice flavors that I use most of the time, and about 8 that I like enough to get more of. My fave 3 get vaped every day,
velvet vapors raspberry gingerale, bear claw, and TV raspberry. Those go with me everywhere, the others sit on my desk and get sampled when I am in the mood for a change up. There is no rule that says you have to have one, is there? Don't want the ejuice police coming for me :) Now to go let the buzzard busting beagle out into the rain so that he can melt (he thinks he is made of sugar)

cobaltblue

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2010
A cabin in the woods and loving it
Lulu, not sure if this will help or maybe you can vary it so it does. I was in the same boat and started right off with DIY, too. Am kind of glad I did because I have a feeling they don't sell the main flavor I ended up liking. I never seem to get tired of my main mix because I always have 2 pvs with different flavors going at the same time. Think what I ended up doing is basically a mix of all the great suggestions you just got...

My main vape has a tobacco base with a bite (maybe add menthol for yours), and then I love flavors like caramel cheescake or apple, toffee, etc. (but not for long by themselves)....and so I ended up mixing maybe 1/2 to 3/4 tobacco base with the mixed caramel cheesecake or any one of the other flavors that I like. I realize tobacco carmel cheesecake sounds like it would make someone hurl but I just love it. Also, it's nice because I don't end up wasting anything that I only like to vape for a week or so by itself, and I don't end up craving a smoke. So that's what I put in one pv. Maybe it's like decorating where you can like things that wouldn't seem to go together but because you like them all they just work. Who knows.

Then since I love playing with flavors, in the other pv I keep something I change out now and again that's a bit mild. Might have blueberry, apple, or apple/cinnamon redhots with EM (only mixed way down so it's more like red hots than AC). Or maybe use Bianca's unflavored idea loaded with VG so it's there for you if you just feel like making fog. Then, I just reach for the pv that feels right at the moment. Sometimes it's the same pv all evening, and other times I switch them every other time. Probably look like a double-fisted drinker when that happens. lol

Let me know if there's anything I can send you that might help.

BTW, nice to meet you all. I love watching all your kind hearts in action, and...

My dog must be related to your dog. lol

lynleestar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
NW Indiana
Lulu,

I've only been vaping since September, and at times it is frustrating enough to make me want to hang it up and forget it~! My first mistake was accepting a motherload of juices from a classified......only to find that I cannot handle PG. Started buying high VG liquids and I can actually vape them without choking my .... off, but even with some of the VG juices the throat hit is too much for me. I want loads of flavor and vapor with a decent amount of nic in it, but NO throat hit~! The smoothest I've found is Vapor Renu, and I vape the Chocolate Mint from them 80% of the time. I have so many flavs, and I try to sample at least 1 a day, but 9 out of 10 just punch me in the throat so bad I can't vape them. My boyfriend is anti~vape because he's watched me cough and hack over too many different juices.

And like you, I ordered many of the flavors that have gotten rave reviews and....I'm not raving:(

Keep pluggin along~! That's what I do~!

As an afterthought......we used to have a dog who would pass gas and run away from herself looking at her ...., it was hilarious~!

Lynlee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread