Seven 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

u8myufo

Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United Kingdom
Hi guy`s,picked up a used broken seven 30 v2.After some great help via @4uproductions I have managed to get the board out,and the problem is obvious as it looks like one of the ressistors or whatever it is has fried.This did not come as a surprise to me and I was looking at buying and fitting a new board.My problem though is are there any boards which have the click switch for the firing button already mounted on the board or was this a one off design for the V2? I guess my only other option would be to drill out the case for the small firing button and replace with another one which I can then solder to an SX350 board or similar.Picture shows the switch I refer to and the arrow was just where I indicated the fried part.Thanks for any help here.

IMG_4609.jpg

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
Hi guy`s,picked up a used broken seven 30 v2.After some great help via @4uproductions I have managed to get the board out,and the problem is obvious as it looks like one of the ressistors or whatever it is has fried.This did not come as a surprise to me and I was looking at buying and fitting a new board.My problem though is are there any boards which have the click switch for the firing button already mounted on the board or was this a one off design for the V2? I guess my only other option would be to drill out the case for the small firing button and replace with another one which I can then solder to an SX350 board or similar.Picture shows the switch I refer to and the arrow was just where I indicated the fried part.Thanks for any help here.

View attachment 394629

I certainly don't know all the boards out there but I don't know of a direct fit other than the 300. The problem is not just the fire button mounted on the board but mounted in the exact position and on the same side as the display, tilt sensors versus +/- switches, width and length of board to fit inside the 30s tube, and display size shape and position. With that said I have one converted with an SX350 and another with a DNA40. The dna took a lot more effort than the 350 but personally I'd recommend the DNA40 for the TP feature and you might be able to install it 180 out from the way I did it but will take more effort.

Finally got the window installed on the SeVen DNA40:
View attachment 394637

u8myufo

Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United Kingdom
I certainly don't know all the boards out there but I don't know of a direct fit other than the 300. The problem is not just the fire button mounted on the board but mounted in the exact position and on the same side as the display, tilt sensors versus +/- switches, width and length of board to fit inside the 30s tube, and display size shape and position. With that said I have one converted with an SX350 and another with a DNA40. The dna took a lot more effort than the 350 but personally I'd recommend the DNA40 for the TP feature and you might be able to install it 180 out from the way I did it but will take more effort.

Finally got the window installed on the SeVen DNA40:
View attachment 394637
Thanks for that,yes I did notice your post earlier regarding a DNA40.You are right that the board needs to be an exact fit and for all to line up when re -installing.I wondered if the sx350 would be an option and resin the switch from that on top the board in the exact position,but guessing that it might sit too proud on the board to allow it to slot back in correctly.I am just waiting to see if someone I know can source me an old sx300 board,failing that without too much messing about I can always throw in and wire up a decent fire switch and turn it into a mech :D

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
I wondered if the sx350 would be an option and resin the switch from that on top the board in the exact position,but guessing that it might sit too proud on the board to allow it to slot back in correctly.

Modifying the switch that came with my 350 was the easiest modification of all those necessary to fit the 350 to the seven body. Use a small flat blade on the switch to help slide in the board and I used RTV instead of epoxy to mount the switch to the board.

jchisholm

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2014
Nova Scotia
Yea mine lasted maybe a week.
What a waste of $$
Just ordered an SX350 100W chip and a bunch o'stuff from Digikey to make my own 100W box.
Was actually gonna do the same as 350ZMO but I ordered the 100W chip in haste without thinking that
it'll need 2x18650 batteries instead of the one 26650 that's in my "paperweight".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread