Seven 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
Question: Ive had my Seven 30 for about 10 days so I dont have anything to gauge this on, so for those of you with the Seven 30, on average how long will your battery last before you have to recharge it running at about 15-20w with a .08 to 1.0 coil? I seem to be draining batteries in less than 2 hrs! Both batteries are new, one efest one MNKE, 3500 mah and using an intellicharger... im thinking I may have a problem with the mod...

I went on a short 700 Mile trip to Northern California and back today.

For the first time, I only took one Mod with me.

I was vaping 26650 Seven 30 and Big Buddha, exclusively at 30 Watts for 13 hours, never put it down.

When I got back, I still have 25% Battery charge and about 10% of 10 Ml Juice left in the tank.

In 13 hours I burnet 140 Gallons of Diesel and 9 Ml of e-liquid.

This is what it looks like after 13 hours of vaping:

kyNoQ8C.jpg

NickWhit1992

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Wow! Thanks for the quick reply.. I feel much better now. Im used to using 1.8-2.0 coils on an itaste 134 mini or my SVD which goes several hours. I guess I better invest in a few more batteries! My nitecore i2 takes 5-6 hrs to charge 26650's one at a time. Is this the best way to go or do yiu have a better recommendation?

Well, I charge my batteries 2 at a time in my i2, and it takes about the same amount of time. I doubt you'll find a safe charger that can charge them much faster than that though. I used to take 4 MNKE batteries for my Seven-30 every morning when I left the house, and they would last me most of the day, if not all day long. Then I'd toss 2 on the charger as soon as I got home, and by the time I went to bed they'd be ready to swap out. There's a couple batteries out there that are supposedly 4000 maH, you might try picking up a few of them. Now I'm alternating between an SX350 box I built with a high capacity lipo battery, and a dual 26650 Congestus mech. Between my SX350's massive capacity and on board charger, and my Congestus with the 4 batteries, I never run out of power, and I only charge 2 batteries a night now, while only fully charging my SX350 about every other day. As you can probably tell, I didn't deal well with limited power lol. I needed higher wattage and longer runtime.

NickWhit1992

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Also, the battery life formula for anyone interested:
Battery capacity (mAh) ÷ current (milliAmps [amps x 1000]) x 0.7
The result is the approximate hours of runtime you can expect. Although, you'll wanna subtract a bit from that due to the battery's low voltage cutoff.

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
Also, the battery life formula for anyone interested:
Battery capacity (mAh) ÷ current (milliAmps [amps x 1000]) x 0.7
The result is the approximate hours of runtime you can expect. Although, you'll wanna subtract a bit from that due to the battery's low voltage cutoff.

Therefore, based on your formula, in my case: 6V 30W 5A 1.2 Ohms MNKE 3500 mAH

My battery should last 4.9 hours. That's about right. I love it! Thanks for the formula. :toast:

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
Unfortunately, I majored in English and barely survived math... so here ya go... check my math... 3500 mah battery ÷ 1.0 ohm coil X .07 should be 7.65 hrs...where does the wattage setting come in at?

No, you need Amps( I), not Ohms (R).

dcp23.gif
dcp25.gif

To find your Amps(I), based on your earlier information (15 - 20 Watts) and your (R)1 Ohm coil, your current (I) is 3.87A at (P)15 Watts and (I)4.47A at (P)20 Watts.

Therefore your battery life is:

1. At 15 Watts: 3500mAH / 3870 x 7 = 6.33 hours
2. At 20 Watts: 3500mAH / 4470 x 7= 5.48 hours

Last edited:

Tattoomw

Jul 9, 2014
Indiana
Okay all, I dont know why... maybe its because both my batteries are brand new and needed "exercised" on the charger a few times, but I have been steadily vaping at 17.9 watts for 6 hrs now using the new kanger .8 coil on the same battery and still have plenty of life left. Is it possible thst new batteries cells need to be stretched out a bit when they are new?

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
Okay all, I dont know why... maybe its because both my batteries are brand new and needed "exercised" on the charger a few times, but I have been steadily vaping at 17.9 watts for 6 hrs now using the new kanger .8 coil on the same battery and still have plenty of life left. Is it possible thst new batteries cells need to be stretched out a bit when they are new?

Nop they don't :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread