shake your liquids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayrell

Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Illinois
Do freshly made liquids really need to be shaken super hard? I mean like so much that they have the bubbles in them.... like when you would attach it to a Sawzall And hold the trigger down all the way full speed for about a minute..... and does the shaking need to happen every day? What do u think?? What's everyone's method of shaking their juice?

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I don't know where shaking so hard and so long that your arms fall off thing came from and having to do that every day is a bit ridiculous. It sounds like people are confusing shaking for steeping. I generally avoid these silly discussions but it's getting out of hand with using milk frothers and turning there mixes into foam. Adding to much air oxidizes NIC to quickly and the end result usually is a to harsh or peppery vape. When I add my flavors to my base I warm the mix just a little to thin it out if it's a VG mix then shake it like you would shake a chocolate drink before drinking it to blend the flavorings. If it's mostly PG I don't even warm it I just give it a normal shake to blend. I then taste it and If it don't need steeping I vape it, if it does I steep it. Then every time I refill my RBA I'll give it a slight shake to reblend a mix if I added TA and if I don't use something that might seperate like TA I don't shake I just refill. Many people here are over complicating a simple blending process when all that's really needed is common sense. Read my blog on steeping.

Everything you wanted to know about steeping and then some. | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:

Jayrell

Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Illinois
I don't know where shaking so hard and so long that your arms fall off thing came from and having to do that every day is a bit ridiculous. It sounds like people are confusing shaking for steeping. I generally avoid these silly discussions but it's getting out of hand with using milk frothers and turning there mixes into foam. Adding to much air oxidizes NIC to quickly and the end result usually is a to harsh or peppery vape. When I add my flavors to my base I warm the mix just a little to thin it out if it's a VG mix then shake it like you would shake a chocolate drink before drinking it to blend the flavorings then taste it and If it don't need steeping I vape it, if it does I steep it. Then every time I refill my RBA I'll give it a slight normal shake. Read my blog on steeping.

Everything you wanted to know about steeping and then some. | E-Cigarette Forum
Thanks Danny I have been cruising your blog recently as I am about to start mixing my own. I see a lot of people posting videos and things about how hard they shake the liquids and I wasn't sure it needed that much shaking. It's nice to hear from those who consistently DIY with good results without having to go to extremes

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
I also shake mine in a similar method as danny stated. I can't really shake the daylights out of it due to arthritis, but I shake it enough to see some bubbles. I normally use 50/5O PG/VG. After I have made new bottles, I do it daily for about a week and then shake when I use. Tobaccos longer. Has worked well for me so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

Reactions: Jayrell

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I don't shake but do more or less the same as Danny says. I use a magnetic mixer, warm up the pg/vg base then let it mix with the bubbles for about a half a hour, turn off the mixer and let the bubbles subside overnight then remix with as few bubbles as possible the next day for another hour. If its a repeat mix then I add the nic after the bubbles have subsided but a new mix doesn't get nic until its tasted. IMO the mixer does help speed up steep time but I don't think enough to consider using it instead of properly steeping in the closet.
I do believe you can overoxidize a juice by adding to much air like a frother or similar tool.

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
When I mix up a new batch I warm it up so the VG thins to water like consistency and then shake the heck out of it and let 'er sit a bit till it returns to room temperature.

I mix High Flavor Level mixes and typically they are good right after the bubbles clear--but they "mature" into greatness over the next 24 to 48 hours--after that there are only slight changes in flavor for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread