• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Share your experiences, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Stacking does not bother me, you just have to be smart about doing it. Keep em paired, rotate top battery, don't use fresh of the charger.

It seems like a good value, but i know the warranty isn't near as good as the VT

The warranty was the only reason I grabbed another LT for the time being. Otherwise I would have gone in another direction for sure.

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
What exactly broke on your old LT or do you know for sure?

Well one night I noticed it was having problems firing and if it did work, it was intermittent. My batteries weren't lasting the full day-day and a half they used to and would only display a 3.6v max charge while installed (4.2 off charger with a meter). Well after quite a bit of shenanigans at a party, I got home and was getting irritated with it..I then threw it on the ground. The top cap came loose and I noticed that the wires that ran from the PCB to the 510 fitting were exposed and loose. It also melted the underside of the cap. Further inspection led me to notice that wiring attached to the PCB was getting the same way. This was after a couple of weeks of hunting down a new top cap. Just got that and found all of the trouble. So now it's just a matter of getting the board out of the tube and re-soldering new wires where they should be.

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Well if you have a heat gun, those can produce enough heat to melt hot glue if that is the way it is held in, otherwise good luck finding the solder holding it in without finding the wrong spot and frying the board

Solder is holding the board in two places that I can see..When I slide my iron in there I can barely see enough to heat those packets up. Of course I was already jerky and didn't want to mess with it more than I needed to, but now that isn't going to be a complete loss, I will go deep. I will try again for an extended period of time this weekend and hopefully get the PCB out and put back together.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
I'm guessing the back cracker made him see stars and he is now relaxing on his couch with a beer in his hand, enjoying some cool AC..

Back cracker did beat me up a bit....but I think its getting better.
I didn't see stars....this time...and yes, I'm on my couch...in the a/c with a refreshing adult beverage.
Short respite then need to pack for a trip....Yippeeee

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Well hope that is the case, I know his sugar was dealing him fits yesterday.

Sugar is dealing me fits again...but unfortunately for u guys...I'm running sky high(had my infusion go south on me today). Just a refresher..
Low bs I'm having a bad day. Low bs just wears me out and I may as well go back to bed.
High bs make me an .........combative/snipey and mean.
Lol...apparently I've had high bs since the day I started posting here...lol

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
I wish I were a handier person, it would be sweet to figure out how to stuff those LT guts into a peice of copper pipe. That would be fancy.

It wouldn't be difficult..The big issue is getting the PCB out of the damn LT first, lol. Heck, I may even play with it tonight some.

With the piping, all you would need to do is some threadings on it, cut some openings and add a battery connection/spring in there. Most of the tools you would need could be found at Harbor Freight for a pretty decent price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread