• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Share your experiences, Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
I'm partial to "anything for love". The 12min version, ah high school memories

I could easily recite that song by heart, lol. One of the more underrated artists, from what I can tell, but I have all of his albums on disc (and HD), a few records and 2 8-tracks that I nabbed from my mother.

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Yes, I love it when rock kinda mixes in the symphonic and operatic aspects into it. Not that much of a Metallica fan, but there S&M album with the San Francisco Symphony is amazing

Balls, son..! I LOVE that album!! Even got my father into that, big time. Maybe it's the bourbon talking, but why aren't we hanging out? Lol

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
80 music is a mixed back, some of the hair band stuff is good, the pop since the 80's has been crap. But I would rather listen to 70's rock and country

I can't believe that.. 80s music kicks the competition! It seems to me, though, that people either love it or hate it. The people that hate it, seems to have this attachment with the 70's scene, either by association, or the fact that it makes them seem "cooler". Just an observation, though. Now don't get me wrong, there was A LOT of GREAT 70s rock and I mean A LOT, but so much was revolutionized in the 80s and 90s. Alright, well for sake of argument from anybody, I have yet to have listened to an era that disappointed me.. Early to mid 70s through the mid 90s rock, kicked ... and 80s through 90s pop, did the same. It also seems that each decade influences, or revolutionized the next.. But it was taken to another level during that span.

Kegger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Omaha
Oh I like the 80's don't get me wrong, the rock at least. My problem with the 80's is the bands that got the credit for being great. And there are others great bands that kinda faded out because the hair bands became all the rage. My fave eightys bands go early 80s 38 special, mid 80s Poison, and late 80's GNR and Chili Peppers.

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Oh I like the 80's don't get me wrong, the rock at least. My problem with the 80's is the bands that got the credit for being great. And there are others great bands that kinda faded out because the hair bands became all the rage. My fave eightys bands go early 80s 38 special, mid 80s Poison, and late 80's GNR and Chili Peppers.

Even with the GNR in there, that's solid.. After the EARLY 90s, GNR went to crap..IMO. The pop is what separated it though..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Kegger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Omaha
Even with the GNR in there, that's solid.. After the EARLY 90s, GNR went to crap..IMO. The pop is what separated it though..

Ya they fell apart, but they were legendary when they first came out. If axl coulda kept his head in the game, they woulda been epic. End even tho it was aftwr GNR turned to crap, Civil War is in there top 3 songs.

Poor hawk is gonna wake up in the AM and wish he hadn't after he reads this. Damn punks we are

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Ya they fell apart, but they were legendary when they first came out. If axl coulda kept his head in the game, they woulda been epic. End even tho it was aftwr GNR turned to crap, Civil War is in there top 3 songs.

Poor hawk is gonna wake up in the AM and wish he hadn't after he reads this. Damn punks we are

Lol, he will have something to say.. That's for sure..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread