• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Share your experiences, Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
16 carries!! How's the rehearsal? What's everyone else up to tonight?

Free 3 course meal..can't exactly argue with that! Honestly not bad at all, I did end up having a good time. We snuck away for a few to throw down a couple of drinks, came back and everything was better, lol.

Hawk is saddened today..probably wont see him until tomorrow.. Poor guy..

Jakersvape

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Free 3 course meal..can't exactly argue with that! Honestly not bad at all, I did end up having a good time. We snuck away for a few to throw down a couple of drinks, came back and everything was better, lol.

Hawk is saddened today..probably wont see him until tomorrow.. Poor guy..

Glad you enjoyed it! It's funny how a few drinks can change your outlook.....

Kinda feel bad for Hawk, must be tough watching them lose 6 in a row

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Glad you enjoyed it! It's funny how a few drinks can change your outlook.....

Kinda feel bad for Hawk, must be tough watching them lose 6 in a row

He said "Bad year for my Hawkeyes.. Glad it's over." I inadvertently replied with "You have no idea..lol, I'm sorry." I might have upset him with that one, but I didn't know what else to say. With coach ferret still there next year and no quarterbacks, they are looking at another 4 or 5 win season unless they revamp the offensive play calling and utilize the talents on both sides of the ball.

Jakersvape

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
He said "Bad year for my Hawkeyes.. Glad it's over." I inadvertently replied with "You have no idea..lol, I'm sorry." I might have upset him with that one, but I didn't know what else to say. With coach ferret still there next year and no quarterbacks, they are looking at another 4 or 5 win season unless they revamp the offensive play calling and utilize the talents on both sides of the ball.

I don't know much about the hawkeye football program, but might be time for ferentz to go....

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
I don't know much about the hawkeye football program, but might be time for ferentz to go....

They could let him go, but he would have to be paid out 75% of his remaining contract which would amount to something like $21 million. By the time that happens and they have to pay out for a new guy, they couldn't afford uniforms or balls. I'm guessing he has a few years to get back to Their '09 form, but it's not looking like an easy task.

Jakersvape

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
They could let him go, but he would have to be paid out 75% of his remaining contract which would amount to something like $21 million. By the time that happens and they have to pay out for a new guy, they couldn't afford uniforms or balls. I'm guessing he has a few years to get back to Their '09 form, but it's not looking like an easy task.

Wow....didn't realize that. The contracts these coaches have has always amazed me....maybe not necessarily the contract, but the contract extensions....I understand to keep a decent head coach around you have to offer them a pretty good deal, just seams like a lot of times they give out a nice contract extension and then the program takes a dump shortly after

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Well...on top of losing another one that they were actually in and had a chance....
Then I went to set the tree up for m. Bears and bb birds....
Broken base. No biggie. I'll go get a new one.
Went out to my truck to find the drivers side window shattered with a pellet/bb hole through it.
Of course my insurance agent is off.
Called the cops mainly to have a report for insurance purposes. They would send someone out.
16 hours later and 2 call backs and no cop yet. Last call I told them I just want to clean it up and do something about it.
Guess I'll start looking for prices on a window.

Jakersvape

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Well...on top of losing another one that they were actually in and had a chance....
Went out to my truck to find the drivers side window shattered with a pellet/bb hole through it.
Called the cops mainly to have a report for insurance purposes. They would send someone out.
16 hours later and 2 call backs and no cop yet. Last call I told them I just want to clean it up and do something about it.

Wow Hawk, that really sucks! Damn punk ... kids! That's pretty sad that you couldn't get a cop out there...hopefully today is a lot better for ya.......maybe I could sneak away for awhile and come cuddle with you........that always makes everything better....

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE

Balls, dude! That sucks hardcore..Don't know why it would take them that long. If something like that happens here, most likely a cop would be the one to tell you that your window was broken out because somebody already called them or they saw the glass and stopped to help. I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune, man.. That's a major downer, especially during a holiday weekend. Thursday morning I went out to grab the recycling bins to throw back into the garage and saw that somebody hopped the curb and ran over our mailbox. The post is bent beyond use and the mailbox was a block and a half down the street. Guess people are just extra dumb around the holidays..

Kegger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Omaha

Dude that just sucks, I had some punks break into my car about a month ago. Didn't break the window, but somehow managed to destroy the electric window mechanics. Just blows when punks try to ruin things for the people that are living right.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
So far today I fixed my toilet...(been going all all week...minor leak...)
Tree is up...(internal/fixed lights....I hate this damned tree)....but its up....
Nobody in the truck window game is working(.......s)....

Now what....?????

Watching Michigan/ohio st......moot point...but still this game is "big 10".......

Kegger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Omaha
So far today I fixed my toilet...(been going all all week...minor leak...)
Tree is up...(internal/fixed lights....I hate this damned tree)....but its up....
Nobody in the truck window game is working(.......s)....

Now what....?????

Watching Michigan/ohio st......moot point...but still this game is "big 10".......

Natty after natty?

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Not much, just winding down, how about you bud?

Finally winding down myself..been really busy today. Debating on whether I'm going to be able watch Dexter tonight or if I'm just going to crash..

How's work been for you?

Sent from my Galaxy to yours, with Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread