Shelf life of ego batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT
I'm wondering if anyone knows what the shelf life is for the ego's (and 808 sticks too). I'm getting quite a collection going at this point, both due to wanting to stock up (just in case) and because I'm all compulsive that way :blush:

So if I have a bunch of twists and spinners, vv3, regular egos, tritons, G6s, yada yada and leave them in a drawer til needed - how long would they last just sitting before they self-discharge and end up dead and useless? 6 months? A year? 2 years? Should I have charger-palooza day once every 6 months (or however long) to top up all of them?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I have had some that were over a year in storage with no noticeable degradation of performance or whole life. Have two now that are 'dying'... that I've vaped for 2 years and have had for 3 years. Their 'replacements' will have been stored for about a year.

The tip is, don't fully charge one, begin to vape one, then put it away. They come from the vendors and manufactures at 40% charge - the optimum charge for storing lithium ion batts. If you start to use one, then continue to use it OR figure out how to go to 40% charge and then store it. :)

squee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT
The tip is, don't fully charge one, begin to vape one, then put it away. They come from the vendors and manufactures at 40% charge - the optimum charge for storing lithium ion batts. If you start to use one, then continue to use it OR figure out how to go to 40% charge and then store it. :)

They come at 40%? Awesome. In that case, I won't even turn 'em on. Thanks! :toast:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    They do make egos with replaceable batteries. How about just buying 1 or 2 of those and the batteries will always be available, probably, no matter what goes on with vaping bans and such.

ego rs.jpg

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 30, 2010
    Face down in the gutter, USA
    I would assume a VERY long time if left with a slight charge.

For example a while back i found the very first set of Joye Ego's i bought back at the end of 09', they're literally so old they're PRE 5 click shutoff models, back when they made a ring/clip that went over the button to prevent accidental firing.:facepalm:

They still seem to work fine today, though they never get used/sat in a drawer for several years.:vapor:

patkin

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 6, 2012
    Arizona USA
    They do make egos with replaceable batteries. How about just buying 1 or 2 of those and the batteries will always be available, probably, no matter what goes on with vaping bans and such.

View attachment 325127

OMG! I've been looking for something like that for over a year now!!!! I have mods that use 18650/18500/18350. Another 18650 only and one for 18350 only. I've wanted a top button one for 18500 only. Thanks you so much! I googled ego-rs and found these so far but its a Bristish(?) site and will continue my hunt for a USA one. eGo RS 750mAh

The scoop on it (dang... can't get rid of the linkage)
    eGo-RS Battery History

KentC did a review here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/401814-ego-rs.html

Still searching but think I'll whined up going with this instead:

http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?m...d=1374&zenid=45dceea9af20781557bc78c72f0bfd68

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US

Anyone looking make sure you read the whole thread. In the end the TF-1 is better than the RS, imo. I have both. There were some quality problems with the RS - mine just quit and others had 'head problems'. The TF-1 has a threaded head - much more substantial and mine is still working fine.

There are two variations for the TF-1 - the "eGo-t metal head" (as they call it) and the "variable metal head". The 'variable head' does not have the Twist/Spinner range, but only the 3.3/3.7/4.2V range (a bit like the eGo-C upgrade batt) and I'm guessing if you run the 4.2V it won't last that long before charge.

To try it out, I'd suggest the eGo-t metal head type:

TF1 battery 900mah 9 color with ego-t metal part

Just saw this - The RS is on clearance for $4.60!! It may be worth the shipping to throw in a few of those, with a couple of TF-1s :)

eGo-RS battery battery-removable

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread