Shiny After Hours Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
At least Stevie girl is happy and fluffy is happy to have her back. She’s been playing with her toy carrot and hopping Around in there all happy looking

536340BC-2E98-4179-BA04-171343457D1A.jpeg

Astron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Washington
View attachment 864225

The babies look good.

Also Stevie’s sister came out of hiding today. Glad to see she’s okay. Survived the storm.

View attachment 864227 View attachment 864229

In other news I’m so done with life atm.

So tired and about to get off work and
MY mom calls me says the house flooded. Apparently the unit upstairs had a sink overflow although it seems like more water than that our house was raining from the light fixtures ruining furniture and out carpet is all soaked in dining room and living room

Why does this have to happen now.
Oh no, Ricky. Our family is no stranger to water damage. I’m so sorry this happened now :(

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
Such a good momma she’s been getting them out one by one and feeding them under her belly then putting them back in the crib. So I don’t think I’ll tske them out right now. I think it’s better than them being stepped on and she must think so if she gets them back in there after she’s done. In this photo she has one of the pink ones under her belly eating milk :)

59B767AD-1E67-43B9-9EB9-CFCA554EF527.jpeg

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
Oh no, Ricky. Our family is no stranger to water damage. I’m so sorry this happened now :(

Turns out they were lying about the sink full of water.
Big surprise...
The people upstairs had one of those little washers that drain into the sink your not supposed to have in a lot of rentals and I guess the lint got clogged and caused it to overflow. Ruined our carpet it was pouring through our light fixtures and right through the drywall as well which is wet and sagging in a spot. Just screwed so much of our stuff. Their parents did the same thing to the people on the other side at the bottom next to us as well 6 months ago and caused just as much damage. The two top people in the top suites are related its the older mom and dad then their daughter and boyfriend lives right beside them. So they’ve each flooded their unit now and caused the people beneath them all this damage.

You’d think they would have learned their lesson about having one of those upstairs when their parents suite flooded. I’m guessing they moved it into their suite so the landlord wouldn’t see it when he came to check out the damage last time. Since we figured it was a washer we could hear it sometimes but they told the landlord it was their sink that overflowed while they were asleep on the couch.

But this time the landlord found the washer fitting attached to the sink upstairs.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Morning peeps and pets.

@Letitia – are those NEW fur babies or an older picture? Regardless, I’ve been caught by the princess and now in the dog house. I believe that term “in the dog house” came from cats! It will be a family sized bucket of fried chicken before she forgives me. She’s requested extra crispy! :facepalm:

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Turns out they were lying about the sink full of water.
Big surprise...
The people upstairs had one of those little washers that drain into the sink your not supposed to have in a lot of rentals and I guess the lint got clogged and caused it to overflow. Ruined our carpet it was pouring through our light fixtures and right through the drywall as well which is wet and sagging in a spot. Just screwed so much of our stuff. Their parents did the same thing to the people on the other side at the bottom next to us as well 6 months ago and caused just as much damage. The two top people in the top suites are related its the older mom and dad then their daughter and boyfriend lives right beside them. So they’ve each flooded their unit now and caused the people beneath them all this damage.

You’d think they would have learned their lesson about having one of those upstairs when their parents suite flooded. I’m guessing they moved it into their suite so the landlord wouldn’t see it when he came to check out the damage last time. Since we figured it was a washer we could hear it sometimes but they told the landlord it was their sink that overflowed while they were asleep on the couch.

But this time the landlord found the washer fitting attached to the sink upstairs.
Wow. Even though this is a bad time for this I have to ask, are you going to move? seems like your place might be uninhabitable due to water damage and the potential for mold to grow. I am deathly afraid of mold and the damage it can do

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
My sister was living in a mold house when she was pregnant. The baby had a brain disorder and the doctors said it was from her breathing in mold. Christian is 16 now and can't talk or respond to you in any way. He got aggressive and had to be put in a home. One of her daughters is chronically ill from the mold. They had to move and leave almost everything.
Make them clean your place professionally including in the ceiling and inside the walls. Otherwise move. It's not worth staying.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Morning peeps and pets.

@Letitia – are those NEW fur babies or an older picture? Regardless, I’ve been caught by the princess and now in the dog house. I believe that term “in the dog house” came from cats! It will be a family sized bucket of fried chicken before she forgives me. She’s requested extra crispy! :facepalm:
George & Gracie. They are both pretty small cats at 15m old.

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
Wow. Even though this is a bad time for this I have to ask, are you going to move? seems like your place might be uninhabitable due to water damage and the potential for mold to grow. I am deathly afraid of mold and the damage it can do
I live in an area of the world where it’s beautiful but there is absolutely no where to rent. Even if we want to pay tons of money for a little place we can’t find anything. It’s terrible I’d be back to sleeping in my truck and showering at the red centre.

My landlord just came by and said people make mold out to be a bigger deal than what it is. I just rolled my eyes and said my mom is already sick all the time with pneumonia so I don’t think this is gonna help.

He said he’s gonna put hardwood down my other neighbor is a flooring guy and has enough maple to do it. Thank god for that.

But the moisture readings are 100 percent in most places on our roof. Least the bedrooms are okay.

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
My sister was living in a mold house when she was pregnant. The baby had a brain disorder and the doctors said it was from her breathing in mold. Christian is 16 now and can't talk or respond to you in any way. He got aggressive and had to be put in a home. One of her daughters is chronically ill from the mold. They had to move and leave almost everything.
Make them clean your place professionally including in the ceiling and inside the walls. Otherwise move. It's not worth staying.
My landlord does try to do every thing himself and he’s not too handy. I hope he doesn’t get too cheap with this.

I don’t know if I want to be homeless again it sucked. Although it would be easier I suppose not being addicted to 5 different drugs. Still not fun.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Now my upstairs neighbor that had the washer is threatening to kill herself and says she is going to ............ from her shower curtain rod etc.

God it’s just so relaxing around here. Now my poor babies have to listen to all this and the machine sucking water out.

Unless she weighs as much as a wet shower curtain I do not think she will have much success.

If she is threatening suicide it’s probably best to call the authorities.

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
Unless she weighs as much as a wet shower curtain I do not think she will have much success.

If she is threatening suicide it’s probably best to call the authorities.
Yea that’s what I told my mom she is a tiny woman but still. My mom is all messed up because of my spouse killing herself.

I told her that’s not the way to do it the woman is just upset. My girlfriend just rode her bike quietly to a mountain a few hours away after leaving a note in our place then jumped off a trestle so high up you could hardly see where it bottoms out on the rocks below.

That’s someone who truly wanted to die

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
totally. I have also seen first hand what mold can do. Do not hope for the best with this Ricky. And you can probably make the landlord pay for the move.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
New porch cat. Flame Point Siamese. With a four inch tail. I cannot tell if he has his jingle bells or not. I started to raise his tail to look and he got very mad. He is not feral but he can be not very nice. Someone must have told him I would be his solution and I suppose I will. First thing will be to see if he is chipped. Then a trip to the vet to remove the jingles if they are there. He cannot come in because he is def a dominant male and Joe would be scared of him. I cannot even let him in my garage for the rainy weather because it is a brand new garage and he might spray in there :facepalm:
I had a bed for him on a patio chair but now with the rain here I had to figure something else out. I made a bed inside a tote. Made it last night. He never went in. Tonight I sprinkled cat nip in it and he went in, rolled around and played and is now fast asleep in it.
porch cat.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread